The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mike Gillis Re: Canucks "We're Going to be all Right"; Aquilini "2014 Canucks are NOT the REAL Canucks"

Vancouver Canucks 30

Some of you guys are hilarious.

You complain when Coaches/Management/Players don't say anything and when they do you still complain.

Exactly what is it do you want to hear?

"Hi I'm Mike Gillis and thanks to some fruit on CDC, we have decided to trade so an so to the Hawks for Jonathan Towes and I can't believe it but the Hawks GM said, sure - it was after all from a CDC member who knows way more about hockey than us GM's do".

So...LA changes coaches and goes on to win the Stanley Cup. New York , gets Vancouver's ex-coach and after a bit of a slow start, are doing very well. Canucks get a new coach and they fold like a cheap tent. They've already shown what they are made of and what the problem was and it wasn't AV and it wasn't the system.....it's the core. Gillis is in denial and needs to justify a number of poor re-singings of has-been players that should have been used to bring in the youth and energy he has spoken of.

We're all a little frustrated but you talk as in Gillis should've brought in Youth but we have very little in the cupboard to bring in.

Years of poor drafting and traded second & third rounders has left this team with few options. It's not like an 18 year old Horvat would change this situation.

Things will turn in time and Gillis needs time to restock the cupboards and hopefully retool the future of this team. All the resignings he's made have been no brainers and the NTC were earned and would've been handed out by any other GM looking for the numbers to fit.

Thank you.

I'm already tired of the "new coach new system" excuse.

New coach new system is also hurting the Jets this year right?

Much different scenario. Anyone with half a brain new the problem with the Jets WAS coaching. They have the talent and the right players, they just had a terrible coach and still have an unreliable goaltender. The Canucks, on the other hand, had a proven coach with a lot of success. However, fans were not happy with what was happening so he got the boot. The Canucks problem was never coaching. But, fans demanded a change because they thought it was. Now with a new coach and a rash of injuries, things don't look as good as people thought. Give it time.

Some of you guys are hilarious.

You complain when Coaches/Management/Players don't say anything and when they do you still complain.

Exactly what is it do you want to hear?

"Hi I'm Mike Gillis and thanks to some fruit on CDC, we have decided to trade so an so to the Hawks for Jonathan Towes and I can't believe it but the Hawks GM said, sure - it was after all from a CDC member who knows way more about hockey than us GM's do".

^This,

I don't know what everyone is expecting him to say, everyone's just whining because your team isn't performing up to your standards. People keep saying the window's closed because they're playing like crap right now, but they looked very very good at the beginning of the season and December was brilliant.

I think people like to forget the good when the bad is currently looming.

I believe in Gillis all the way.

Like Dan Russell said on his show last night, Gillis continues to bask in the glory of 2011. Ignore everything before then - the two second round knockouts to Chicago, ignore everything after then - the two first round knockouts to California teams. Ignore the first 6 weeks of 2014, none of that matters, none of that counts, just focus on the good things. Focus on the constant stream of excuses from this organization.

Gillis thinks this team is going to be alright? It hasn't been alright in a long time.

Holy crap. Somebody listens to Dan Russell?

Much different scenario. Anyone with half a brain new the problem with the Jets WAS coaching. They have the talent and the right players, they just had a terrible coach and still have an unreliable goaltender. The Canucks, on the other hand, had a proven coach with a lot of success. However, fans were not happy with what was happening so he got the boot. The Canucks problem was never coaching. But, fans demanded a change because they thought it was. Now with a new coach and a rash of injuries, things don't look as good as people thought. Give it time.

You really believe MG let V go because the fans wanted him gone?!! hilarious!

His message was a simple one. Don’t expect this team to base any decisions on what has happened in the first six weeks of 2014, no matter who miserable they were.

Kind of expecting some decisions based on three years now of not really being able to score. 3 years of needing a 30 goal winger for the top lines (make that 3 now that daniel and bur have dropped off the face of the earth)

3 years of no decisions addressing this teams actual problems.. .just more D and more 3rd line centers.. and shockingly more of the same "success"

The 2014 Canucks may not be the real Canucks, but unless changes are made, then the 2015 Canucks will be very similar to the 2014 Canucks.

minor changes and i'd be all right with that. this team doesn't have to be blown up and completely rebuilt. this team was handcuffed this year with a low cap so it's just survive this year since no huge moves can be made this year, unless MG actually goes through and trades edler. this season has just been, "whatever" and injuries played a role and the lack of depth this team has shown. our D has been pretty solid since thats an area the team hasn't struggled mightly in, compared to previous years. everyone's high on corrado but he's not ready yet. i expect next year to be more the same-- the young guys arent ready to make the jump yet, but i hope i'm wrong

Santo's injury was probably the turning point of the season. Huge part of the line up

But he's not. Hes a third liner with what 10 goals? The huge part of our line up that is missing is

Sedin, Sedin, Burrows... thats our top line with none of them producing.. and what 22 goals between them.. from all 3 of them.. that would be a mediocre year for just ONE of them.

on the second line we have kesler and no one else that even belongs there. Losing a league min signing that was playing decent is not the turning point of this team.. no top six additions and no production from the top line is the turning point

Archived