The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks Discussing Edler for Franzen Trade w/ Detroit, Interest in Gaborik/Vanek/Moulson, Calls on Kesler

The article isn't saying that the deal would be a 1 for 1 just that it would include Frazen, for cap reasons I'm sure. I could see it being Frazen Tatar and a second or something similar. I would prefer Mantha and a first, but who on our side wouldn't.

My guess is we're looking at Edler for either Franzen + Mantha, Gaborik + Rychel, Moulson + Grigorenko

All three of those deals would be of roughly equal value (with maybe a pick or two added in to balance out), and would make sense for both sides...

I would consider those deals.

My guess is we're looking at Edler for either Franzen + Mantha, Gaborik + Rychel, Moulson + Grigorenko

All three of those deals would be of roughly equal value (with maybe a pick or two added in to balance out), and would make sense for both sides...

I'd do any of those deals in a heartbeat. Franzen + Mantha would be awesome.

This better be a joke.

Fck that's stupid. I much rather keep Edler a trillion times over than for receiving Franzen.

Please god, let this be false.

It's not Edler for Franzen 1 for 1, calm your asses down and read the article first lol. Franzen will be added for cap reasons and we'll get a top prospect in Mantha/Nyquvist/Tatar and a 1st/2nd possibly ontop on Franzen. If you think that's a bad deal, you don't know who Edler is...he's inconsistent and one team that can turn him around is Detroit but even the , that is a solid deal.

...should see any of those 3 youngsters play..they are something else.

Teams calling about Kesler eh, probably teams that are on the cusp for the final push to the cup. Kesler probably worth his weight in gold.

Would be a massive move if happened. Kes being a fan fav and a lot the fans cheer about and purchase, but this would be historic if he was traded. Doubt he is but if he was, you're dead right...his value would be worth the ceiling++

Edler is such a liability that just getting him off our D improves our goals against.

Adding Franzen boosts our offense and, God help us, our playoff hopes if we get there.

Detroit would need to add something, a B level prospect or pick, to make this a fair deal, but what a pickup Franzen would be. Higgins-Kesler-Franzen would be a clutch playoff line.

Archived