The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

At the draft..

PRIMO88

Let me start off by saying that im one of the firm believers that this team is better off getting a high pick this year then going for the playoffs again. I know people say that once in the playoffs anything can happen but i dont think we have what we need to make the run but you know what, ITS OK! We have been spoiled with our canucks over the last 5 years. I dont think we should sell off our youth for veterans this trade deadline. I think we should stock our picks and go for free UFA's in the summer.

So here are my questions, with the canucks in the position they are i think they fall in the 6-12 range but hope its 6 because i feel this is the last position of the "upper tier" players. These players being ; ekblad, reinhart, dal colle, bennet, drasaitl and nylander. Now i personally have a few players ive become attached to. The biggest being Virtanen but also liking Ritchie, ehlers, Fleury and Draisatl. Now do you think if we fell to 6th we would pick one of the upper tier or do you think we could trade down to maybe 10th and get a 2nd-3rd as well.

Also ive been hearing alot of Perlini. Does anyone know the differences between him and Virtanen? Who is the better skater or all around player? Finally do you think it would be a good idea to trade our high pick and roster player for maybe Evander Kane?

Thanks in advanced guys!!

I don't know a lot about this years draft class, but I've heard that overall it's much weaker than last years. So say if that is the case, and if that was that cost of Evander Kane, depending on our pick I would do it in a heartbeat. I would love to see him in a Canucks jersey. Big sniper from Vancouver only 22 years old.

you think our draft position will be 6-12 without trading up?

LMAO!

We are currently drafting 12th with 4 teams

Primed to pass

Us who have the same amount of pts or are just 1-2 pts behind with less games played. Carolina is 3 GP behind and only 2 pts behind.

And drafting 12th meens picking 11th with NJ forfeited pick.

It is very possible for us to fall

To 6th overall, Winnipeg and Nashville would have to pass us tho, and Nashville is the only one that is a stretch.

I don't know why that is LMAO thinking this, there's 22 games left and look at the standings...

6th is as high a pick as we could get this season without winnin the lottery or trading up.

As for perlini and Virtanen,

I am pretty sure Virtanen won the fastest skater at some

Comp or combine, but I've read perlini is one of te strongest skaters in the draft, based off highlights they are both fantastic skaters.

Virtanen reminds me kind of, of a young Jeff carter

Perlini reminds me

Of Jamie benn mixed with some evander kane attributes.

I personally like perlini quite a bit more

Primed to pass

Us who have the same amount of pts or are just 1-2 pts behind with less games played. Carolina is 3 GP behind and only 2 pts behind.

To 6th overall, Winnipeg and Nashville would have to pass us tho, and Nashville is the only one that is a stretch.

I don't know why that is LMAO thinking this, there's 22 games left and look at the standings...

6th is as high a pick as we could get this season without winnin the lottery or trading up.

Comp or combine, but I've read perlini is one of te strongest skaters in the draft, based off highlights they are both fantastic skaters.

Perlini reminds me

I am pretty sure that Ehlers is the fastest skater in this draft and it isnt even close.

Primed to pass

Perlini reminds me

ya Im able to check the standings too. but seeing as 13 of our last 22 games are at home. the Olympic break drastically helps our injury woes. I bet we draft 14-20.

as for picks. if we do get a high pick I would love to see us land ritchie.

ps. why are the lines in your post all spaced out weird?

don't forget, if we win the lottery pick, we could move up 5 spots.....so 7th would become 2nd

I believe all teams now have the ability to choose the 1st overall with these odds:

30th place: 25.0%

29th place: 18.8%

28th place: 14.2%

27th place: 10.7%

26th place: 8.1%

25th place: 6.2%

24th place: 4.7%

23th place: 3.6%

22th place: 2.7%

21th place: 2.1%

20th place: 1.5%

19th place: 1.1%

18th place: 0.8%

17th place: 0.5%

17th place can still pick 1st overall but there is a very small chance of that happening. If 17th place did win everyone else just moves down one spot, in the First round only and everything reverts back to standings based in all other rounds.

I believe all teams now have the ability to choose the 1st overall with these odds:

30th place: 25.0%

29th place: 18.8%

28th place: 14.2%

27th place: 10.7%

26th place: 8.1%

25th place: 6.2%

24th place: 4.7%

23th place: 3.6%

22th place: 2.7%

21th place: 2.1%

20th place: 1.5%

19th place: 1.1%

18th place: 0.8%

17th place: 0.5%

17th place can still pick 1st overall but there is a very small chance of that happening. If 17th place did win everyone else just moves down one spot, in the First round only and everything reverts back to standings based in all other rounds.

21th, 22th, or 23th, eh? :)

ya Im able to check the standings too. but seeing as 13 of our last 22 games are at home. the Olympic break drastically helps our injury woes. I bet we draft 14-20.

Our home record was wasn't all that impressive when we were healthy. Having 13 out of 22 games at home may be better than having more games on the road, but it's no reason to be optimistic.

As if injuries and home ice are why we are losing...

Remember we need RW's in our system as Grenier is currently the only real RW we have.

Virtanen and Tuch.

Good point.

Jake is also 4 months younger than Brendan so may have more upside just from that.

At one of these drafts a playoff team is going to steal the top pick (with just 1-3 percent chance) and every other team is going to be really pissed off.

I don't think the lottery should go past the bottom half of the league, playoff teams don't need it.

According to TSN's Craig Button, Virtanen is the best skater in the entire draft while Perlini has the best shot. I think that was from TSN's mid-season ranking show or whatever it's called.

Yea i have seen that before and was looking for it for a while to look at again. Which do you think is more important? Shot or Skating? How do the rest of you guys perceive the order to be between the 3 big power forwards as i feel there is a good chance we draft one of the 3.

Perlini>Virtanen>Ritchie?

Archived