The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

6th Pick: 2014 NHL Entry Draft

davinci

6th Pick   

479 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just watching TSN and Duthie had the top5 on for a segment of "The Quiz" and man does Dal Colle seem like an arrogant kid, his whole personality seems on another level compared to the other 4 kids. I haven't seen many interviews with him, maybe this one was a one off but I doubt it.

Yeah i agree with this. I have noticed in a few other interviews that he seems a little arrogant. He's either that, or he's just a very boring guy. Or maybe he's just not comfortable with all the attention he's getting for being a projected top pick.

Yeah i agree with this. I have noticed in a few other interviews that he seems a little arrogant. He's either that, or he's just a very boring guy. Or maybe he's just not comfortable with all the attention he's getting for being a projected top pick.

I also noticed that. I think he is arrogant just be telling how he answers questions and how he looks like he dislikes the others. Also most of his answers were less than ten words and he's facial expression are blank, which if i have learnt anything for psychology means he's either extremely bored or a prick. I.E the guy who will jolt once he's available to be a free agent.

I would move a veteran out for more prospects and picks either at this draft or next trade deadline... More youth needed. We have a good veteran core.... To much veteran presence one might say... Move a Dman and Kesler for prospects and young players and I will be happy. Maybe Higgins or Hasen or Richardson next trade deadline if we look on the outside.

Couldn't agree more.

To be honest, whether it's Ehlers, Nyalnder, Virtannen, Ritchie, I will be happy. Ritchie was my top choice. But if we end up with Ehlers or Nylander, you know what, I will be behind this pick no matter what. I think who ever we pick, we've done our home work, (Jim Benning) they have their reasons and very good reasons to make this choice, and to be honest, its actually a difficult choice. props to them for narrowing it down.. Of course I am praying it's Leon Drasitl, if we trade up for Reinhart or Bennet, even better, but if not... you know... I will be totally happy with Ehlers, Nylander, Ritchie or Virtannen. Dal Cole is looking dangerous, attitude, hard to draft anyone who says "!@#$ that team and organization" in regards to ANY team to be honest. anyways, pray for the best.

All Canucks fans too, if we end up drafting the player that was not your first choice, we still need to be happy about it, and support the move. this pick regardless is a critical one.

MDC really does rub me the wrong way. I get the sense that he feels "above" the interviews or whatever. Of course this is just my own subjective interpretation of what I'm seeing; maybe in fact he's thinking of unicorns and how he can feed the poor as well as feeding passes to his linemates to help their numbers.

... but I doubt it.

I also noticed that. I think he is arrogant just be telling how he answers questions and how he looks like he dislikes the others. Also most of his answers were less than ten words and he's facial expression are blank, which if i have learnt anything for psychology means he's either extremely bored or a prick. I.E the guy who will jolt once he's available to be a free agent.

It's quite funny actually. A couple of months ago, i read that he had an older brother with "special needs". Dal Colle said he "grew up quicker than other kids" and stuff like that. He idolized his mom because she was taking care of 3 children, 1 with special needs. Overall, he sounded like a real good person. I had a completely different view of him, prior to those interviews. I would still take him at 6th though, even though it seems like the Islanders are sold on him.

Ridiculously long read, but a very convincing argument that the Canucks should pursue Reinhart:

http://canucksarmy.com/2014/6/10/who-should-vancouver-draft-spoilers-it-s-sam-reinhart

article_3bedd242-c296-42a9-ac69-56db1274

Of course, scoring levels change on a year-by-year basis, and if scoring is up CHL-wide this year compared to years past, we should probably deflate all draft eligible players' numbers a bit. However, CHL scoring is currently on a comparable to recent years, and doesn't look to be out of line with average scoring since 1999-2000:

article_90498d78-6d9c-4527-9c32-18a6785b

If anything, we should deflate the scoring numbers of guys like Patrick Kane, Bryan Little, and Sam Gagner to bring them back to historical levels. We can do that by dividing the CHL average scoring rate over the time frame we want to look at (2003-2014) by the yearly scoring rate in each respective CHL league, then multiplying this result with a player's points per game to get an adjusted number. Adjusting for league and era, Sam Reinhart (along with a few 2014 draft eligibles) still comes out looking extremely impressive:

article_51c49fd2-97e6-4a7e-bb80-351c490a

Yeah I'm totally down for putting a package out for Reinhart.

It would be nice to only give one young asset with the sixth and a vet. If it takes 2 young assets plus the sixth I'm cool with it as long as it comes back in the Kesler deal.

Chances at top end talent don't come around too often. If we can get the kid we totally should.

Yeah I'm totally down for putting a package out for Reinhart.

It would be nice to only give one young asset with the sixth and a vet. If it takes 2 young assets plus the sixth I'm cool with it as long as it comes back in the Kesler deal.

Chances at top end talent don't come around too often. If we can get the kid we totally should.

I'm fine with giving away any roster players and a prospect not named Horvat in order to get this deal done.

Archived