The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

6th Pick: 2014 NHL Entry Draft

davinci

6th Pick   

479 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Okay I am still on page 139 so at that point Ehlers seemed ahead on CDC and there were still alot making a case for Ritchie. I have a lot of reading to do to catchup to page 221!

Get ready for the plot twist its a game changer :frantic::frantic::towel::towel::towel::towel::towel:

Okay I am still on page 139 so at that point Ehlers seemed ahead on CDC and there were still alot making a case for Ritchie. I have a lot of reading to do to catchup to page 221!

It shouldn't take too long, you'll be able to skip through a good amount of senseless banter. Lol

Did. He lit up sad teams on the power play and vanished against USA/Canada. So there's nothing much there to judge him on. Yet it's being drummed up enough.

Eichel's performance (McDavid not there) was far more interesting. And i felt Virtanen played very well despite his shoulder injury. That injury cannot affect his draft stock.

I didnt see the Sweden/Canada game but he didnt vanish in the USA game what are you talking about I thought you said you watched it?

Lol the "tying goal". You're making it sound like he scored that goal with 3 seconds left of the game. As i said, he scored 1 goal against Sweden, in the 1st period, on the PP. He didn't impress in u18.

Who does Perlini need to impress? Most scouts don't even pay attention to this tournament, and focus more on the CHL playoffs, and Memorial Cup.

Who does Perlini need to impress? Most scouts don't even pay attention to this tournament, and focus more on the CHL playoffs, and Memorial Cup.

perlini needed to impress a lot of people after the way he played down the stretch in the CHL. some scouting services have him outside the top20 now.

http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/roster/gameByGame/id/10377

his month by month totals you can see a clear dropoff in his production as a the year progressed, not something scouts want to see in a top10player. Couple that with what most seem to be saying was a poor playoff performance and the U18 was very important for him to show what kind of prospect he really is.

Quotable: “He’s what I call a scout killer. He can either extend your contract or

possibly make it your last one.” – NHL Scout (from the blackbook)

some team is going to get him around 20 and if he figures it out and puts his game in order he will be a steal but most teams dont want to take that much risk on that high in the draft.

perlini needed to impress a lot of people after the way he played down the stretch in the CHL. some scouting services have him outside the top20 now.

http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/roster/gameByGame/id/10377

his month by month totals you can see a clear dropoff in his production as a the year progressed, not something scouts want to see in a top10player. Couple that with what most seem to be saying was a poor playoff performance and the U18 was very important for him to show what kind of prospect he really is.

Quotable: Hes what I call a scout killer. He can either extend your contract or

possibly make it your last one. NHL Scout (from the blackbook)

some team is going to get him around 20 and if he figures it out and puts his game in order he will be a steal but most teams dont want to take that much risk on that high in the draft.

I like to see these scouting service you speak of, that has him anywhere below 13th. The consensus rankings, seem to think he's a top 10 pick. http://www.mynhldraft.com/2014-nhl-draft-prospect-consensus-rankings/

McKeen has him at 10 (higher than Virtanen and Nylander).

ISS has him at 9 (higher than Ritchie and Ehlers).

CSS has him at 8 (higher than Ehlers).

These are the list you should be paying attention too. Shouldn't be paying attention to Button's or Pronman's list, since it's their personal feeling of where they should go.

Yeah, you're totally not the guy who said that Nylanders points came against "inferior" teams, which isn't even true. So i just said that Perlini didn't impress at all in the whole tournament. Funny that you mention the CHL playoffs, where Perlini did next to nothing. Also, it's hard for Nylander to showcase himself in the CHL playoffs since he doesn't even play in the CHL, don't ya think?
The u18 tournament definitely didn't hurt Nylanders stock, please tell me how. It would be silly to state such a thing. He showed people why scouts thinks so highly of him and his offensive game.

Nylander is the type of player that will thrive in the NHL with more skilled line mates.

IMO,

Ritchie is the type of player who will have a very hard time being as effective in the NHL as he is in juniors. It will take him at least 3 seasons in the NHL before he breaks through offensively.

I give them respect, I respect they are top 10 picks both of them.

Again, you have no legitimate point to make or argument to make.

Other than the Canucks should pass on them?

Two words: Hunter Shinkaruk. Similar skill. Similar upside. Similar makeup.

Canucks have more pressing needs. Starting with some meat on the bones of the top players in their lineup. Too many players, including the Sedins, need to be sheltered in order to be effective. When Torts didn't shelter them this past season, they were pulverized.

Nylander or Ehlers would just add to that effect.

Pass.

It's definitely Nylander

It's Virtanen who they showed great interest in though. He's ranked 6th in CSS. (Yes, not including euro players, but Nylander was below Kapanen in the euro rankings.) Both players aren't in the 'real' top-6.

The combine didn't include Virtanen. If if did, the talk would be how great a physical specimen he is. Not whatever did in the combine. (Not much.)

Archived