The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

6th Pick: 2014 NHL Entry Draft

davinci

6th Pick   

479 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Actually securing the 6th pick is bad for those who wanted Virtanen, cause he's not a top 10 guy. Virtanen is a good pick at like 12-17, but not at #6.

I think the guy we will be looking at are Nylander, Ritchie, Perlini & Ehlers, but I really hope they give alot of consideration to Kapanen. (who might get a little)

And FWIW I think all the guys you listed are better choices at 6 than Virtanen. He's just not a guy you take that high.

Canucks need to look at the biggers boys that can compete in the Pacific Division like Perlini and Ritchie....would be nice if DalColle or Draisaitl slip to 6th.

if in the event that Canucks win the lottery who do they pick? Ekblad or Reinhart?

Except you don't know who is going to get picked from 3-6 so you can't say who's available.

There's always a chance someone takes Ehlers or Ritchie at 4 or 5.

Very true, someone could just go for it with Ehlers, someone might love Ritchie and what he can offer, whereas another team might love Kapanen or Nylander.. Will be exciting!

Canucks finishing 25th is bad news for those who wanted: Nylander, Ehlers or Kapanen.

If we do indeed get the 6th pick: Virtanen, Draisaitl, Richie or Perlini will be chosen.

There is zero chance of: Dal Colle, Ekblad, Bennett, or Reihart falling to 6th.

I am not sold on Virtanen , but if Draisaitl is avail at 6 we definitely take him. If not, we draft Ehlers. Ritchie is over rated in my opinion but in all honesty , the same can be said for any pick outside the big 3 and Dal Colle. Its a crap shoot.

Except you don't know who is going to get picked from 3-6 so you can't say who's available.

There's always a chance someone takes Ehlers or Ritchie at 4 or 5.

Yeah but if I was a team with the #5 overall pick I take whoever is left from Draisaitl, MDC, Bennett, Reinhart, Ekblad. That IMO is agreeable.

I think it's if NJ wins the lottery their pick will be determined for the later rounds, then the team that has 2nd moves up to 1st.

NJ's position in the later rounds will remain unchanged regardless of who wins the lottery. It is only the 1st round that changes in the lottery.

If the Devils do win their 2nd doesn't become the 31st pick.

How is that not correct? NJ is picking 30th totally unconnected to the lotto?

Oh your right I included there spots odds, so it will just decrease the odds of us being pushed to seventh by 1.1% or 0.8% depends on PHX nashville games, great catch! So better odds for us overall!

It depends in what the NHL is planning on doing if NJ wins the lottery. I haven't seem a conclusive answer.

They could opt to

A) Do a redraw until panther team wins meaning the odds of any result are evenly distributed between the other 13 entrants.

B) Allow a NJ lottery win to keep the status quo meaning that Buffalo gets all of the advantage

NJ's position in the later rounds will remain unchanged regardless of who wins the lottery. It is only the 1st round that changes in the lottery.

If the Devils do win their 2nd doesn't become the 31st pick.

Is this true?

So say Florida currently drafting second wins the lotto, they draft 1st overall and then the rest of their picks are unaffected? So Buff still drafts 31st?

2 days until we know we can draft Ekblad :)

But seriously, if the top 5 guys (Ekblad, Reinhart, Bennett, MDC, Draisaitl) are taken. We got Fluery, Richie, Perlini, Kapanen, Nylander, Ehlers, Virtanen, McCann to choose from.

I really don't know who to choose they all look pretty even.

I'm still tied between all these names, and I like to think that I know a significant amount about each.

Draisaitl has the same amount of points as Reinhart except in 4 more games. Not trying to say Draisaitl is on Reinhart's level because he isn't, Reinhart is the smarter player with the higher hockey IQ but the skill is there for Draisaitl.

If the big 5 players are taken, I'm going with Nylander.

If Florida takes Ekblad, does Edmonton take Fluery? If so, that will leave one of the top 5 available for us.

Yeah but if I was a team with the #5 overall pick I take whoever is left from Draisaitl, MDC, Bennett, Reinhart, Ekblad. That IMO is agreeable.

My point is that there may be a team that values a guy like Ritchie over a guy like Draisaitl because they don't have what he brings in their system. It happens every draft.

Who would have thought Hodgson would get chosen after Bailey? I mean from everything that was said about the two before the draft, Hodgson was the superior player.

Draisaitl has the same amount of points as Reinhart except in 4 more games. Not trying to say Draisaitl is on Reinhart's level because he isn't, Reinhart is the smarter player with the higher hockey IQ but the skill is there for Draisaitl.

If Florida takes Ekblad, does Edmonton take Fluery? If so, that will leave one of the top 5 available for us.

issue for me with him is the Qual Comp...hard to compare to CHL really.

But again, as long as whoever we pick ifs developed properly over a 3 or 4 year period I'm happy

Canucks need to look at the biggers boys that can compete in the Pacific Division like Perlini and Ritchie....would be nice if DalColle or Draisaitl slip to 6th.

if in the event that Canucks win the lottery who do they pick? Ekblad or Reinhart?

We need offense first and foremost, we have been addressing size & thats been our downfall, just head back to skating & offensive ability and we will get better. (Kapanen or Ehlers)

If Dal Colle or Draisaitl drop we definitely take them. But I don't see it happen, I'm really hoping though.

If we do win the lottery, I would look at trading down to get Dal Colle & another asset, or else I would look at Ekblad or maybe Bennett if we just want to take the pick.

Ya I question Reinhart's upside. I think he's furthest along right now, not that he will be the best.

Who do we take at 36 also? Lemeuix? Point?

Also Perlini had a goal and an assist in his first pre tourny game for Canada

http://www.hockeycanada.ca/en-ca/Team-Canada/Men/Under-18/2013-14/World-Championship/Ex-Schedule/Apr-11-CAN-FIN

Here is the roster for Canada as well.

Through 1 game Perlini > Virtanen McCann and Fleury

http://www.hockeycanada.ca/en-ca/Team-Canada/Men/Under-18/2013-14/World-Championship/Camp-Roster

This will be interesting to see who is better Perlini or Virtanen

Canada will face Denmark in its second and final pre-competition game Monday (9:30 a.m. ET/6:30 a.m. PT) in Lappeenranta before opening defense of its gold medal Thursday against Sweden.

We need offense first and foremost, we have been addressing size & thats been our downfall, just head back to skating & offensive ability and we will get better. (Kapanen or Ehlers)

If Dal Colle or Draisaitl drop we definitely take them. But I don't see it happen, I'm really hoping though.

We definitely speak the same language.

Archived