The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canada vs Latvia, quarterfinals

goalie13

gameqf_zps8124c9e7.jpg

hi-res-97005954-edgars-masalskis-of-latvia-watches-as-the-match-winning_crop_north.jpg?w=630&h=420&q=75

Wednesday, February 19, 9:00 am PST

This is it, win or go home. Who honestly thought this game was going to be against Latvia?

Canada possible lines

Kunitz - Crosby - Carter

Duchene - Toews - Nash

Marleau - Getzlaf - Perry

Benn - Tavares - Bergeron

St. Louis

Keith - Weber

Bouwmeester - Pietrangelo

Vlasic - Doughty

Subban

Price

Luongo

Latvia possible Lines

Cipulis - Girgensons - Indrasis

Darzins - Daugavins - Karsums

Kenins - Berzins - Pavlovs

Jass - Sprukts - Stals

Kulda - Redlihs

Sotnieks - Rekis

Ozolinsh - Pujacs

Masalskis

Gudlevskis

Prediction: Canada 4 - Latvia 1

Kenins - Girgensons - Indrasis has been a line more often than not during the games i've seen. Kenins and Indrasis have been nearly inseparable, and they are not the top line.

I haven't seen enough of the Latvian games. I just went off of a preview I found online.

I would be happy to fix it though.

i feel like canada has been set up to lose this tourney .....4 games in and their hardest opponent has been the fins.... you gotta get battled tested ... usa thumping us early in vancouver is what got everyone to pull their heads out of their asses ... ... russia and usa have been playing far better hockey vs better opponents...

I don't know if its just me; but in my eyesthe pressure is fully on the coaching staff. We know how Latvia is going to play, they're going to trap it. To me its up to coaching staff now to come up with a gameplan or a system that can beat the latvians, we have the best players in world to work with, they should be able to find some way we can get some quality chances and not just shoot from the outside.If they can't figure that out thats a big fail for our coaches.

Since price is in net, we know for sure there will be at least one goal scored against Canada... I have no clue why they are going with him.

You don't understand hockey basics? :)

Or likely deliberately choosing not to see the quite obvious logic applied to the situation.

i understand that lou is the incumbent goalie, and has looked a lot more comfortable than price has, and he has the better stats.

I'm not sure what you are basing that on. Price has let in two goals, both deflections........he's looked fine in net. I actually thought Luongo had a good game, and made some good stops, but the Canadian staff said, all along, they were going with the goalie who had the hot hand during the reg season, that's Price, no contest. You're mad because they stuck to their word?

Archived