The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canada vs Latvia, quarterfinals

goalie13

gameqf_zps8124c9e7.jpg

hi-res-97005954-edgars-masalskis-of-latvia-watches-as-the-match-winning_crop_north.jpg?w=630&h=420&q=75

Wednesday, February 19, 9:00 am PST

This is it, win or go home. Who honestly thought this game was going to be against Latvia?

Canada possible lines

Kunitz - Crosby - Carter

Duchene - Toews - Nash

Marleau - Getzlaf - Perry

Benn - Tavares - Bergeron

St. Louis

Keith - Weber

Bouwmeester - Pietrangelo

Vlasic - Doughty

Subban

Price

Luongo

Latvia possible Lines

Cipulis - Girgensons - Indrasis

Darzins - Daugavins - Karsums

Kenins - Berzins - Pavlovs

Jass - Sprukts - Stals

Kulda - Redlihs

Sotnieks - Rekis

Ozolinsh - Pujacs

Masalskis

Gudlevskis

Prediction: Canada 4 - Latvia 1

I would sit Kunitz. Did not look great IMO.

I'd also keep Marleau, Toews, Carter together. Not much missing for a great second line, Nash and Tavares also looked a good match IMO.

Here's my take;

St Louis Crosby Duchesne Big ice, BIG speed, unparalled skill not even the Russians could match!

Marleau Toews Carter

Bergeron Getzlaf Perry

Benn Taveres Nash Tell me they could handle that size for O Zone starts???

Might also give Perry a Go with Crosby?

D looks pretty set

Kieth Weber

Bowmo Pietro

Vlassic Doughty

Which is 1st, 2knd and 3rd pair does not matter much? Doughty has looked more dangerous than anyone IMO btw.

Considering the insults Babcock has levied at Lu, by giving Price the con, and then saying Hamhuis doesn't have much of a chance to play, I kind of find myself disgusted with the whole "Team" Canada image. Hope Canada loses. 2-1 Latvia, 2 softies on Price. The ring around the Crosby game continues with still no scoring.

Considering the insults Babcock has levied at Lu, by giving Price the con, and then saying Hamhuis doesn't have much of a chance to play, I kind of find myself disgusted with the whole "Team" Canada image. Hope Canada loses. 2-1 Latvia, 2 softies on Price. The ring around the Crosby game continues with still no scoring.

How is choosing Price to be the starter an insult to Loungo? And Babcock said Hamhuis and Subban don't have much of a chance given how well the existing pairings are playing. Considering the defence has accounted for half the team's offence while limiting the other teams opportunities it's pretty tough to argue his point. But by all means, act like a child and cheer for Latvia.

To be fair I thought hammer looked bad on the big ice, as much as I like him in the NHL he stood out to me in the last game. There is nothing wrong with price playing, do you really think there is?

Edit: it's one thing to cheer for you team and it's players it's another to do it with a blind eye. No Canucks are getting the shaft get over it.

Are you interested in cheering for Canada or the Vancouver Canucks? Because your comments make you seem like an incredibly petty person who only cheers for a country who has your favourite players playing for it.

As qwijibo said, Babcock's decision-making and comments with regards to Luongo and Hamhuis have more to do with how good the defense and goaltending has been and not because of some imaginary grudge he has against both of them. Remember that PK Subban isn't playing, either.

Since price is in net, we know for sure there will be at least one goal scored against Canada... I have no clue why they are going with him.

Why would Luongo be any different? He lets in the same weak goals that Price or any other great goalie will. He had a shutout against Austria, sure. Austria missed a lot of open nets though, and Grabner's post.

Can't go wrong with either Luongo or Price. Until one of them blows a game by themselves, they are both the best choice.

#1 whiner's post of the year on CDC.

i'm sure many on this forum lacks confidence with price in net.. it's just the way Babcock handled it which is more of an insult to Luongo.. 4 years ago.. Luongo was playing better than Brodeur but out of respect of respect for Brodeur he was the starter for team Canada until he blew it against the Americans.. Babcock's been saying he have confidence in both goalie and thinks they are both just as great.. if that was the case then why didn't he give Luongo a chance to lose the net like he did with Brodeur? I think that's where the issue is. like i said.. if the decision was made before the start of the olympic then i don't think it's fair for Luongo as he never did actually have a shot of winning the starting position except unless Price get's blown out. Anyways whatever.. we prolly won't get past the americans anyways unless our forward decides to start burying the chances they get..

Archived