The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canada vs Latvia, quarterfinals

goalie13

I don't understand how everyone seems to be not confident with Price in net. You would have to be a huge Canucks homer to not feel the same way with Luongo.

Truth is, both goaltenders have turned it around big time this season. Price has been a monster in Montreal this season.

It's not like I don't trust Lu, he's one of my favourite players. I love the guy's character and I hope he gets a Cup one day.

i'm sure many on this forum lacks confidence with price in net.. it's just the way Babcock handled it which is more of an insult to Luongo.. 4 years ago.. Luongo was playing better than Brodeur but out of respect of respect for Brodeur he was the starter for team Canada until he blew it against the Americans.. Babcock's been saying he have confidence in both goalie and thinks they are both just as great.. if that was the case then why didn't he give Luongo a chance to lose the net like he did with Brodeur? I think that's where the issue is. like i said.. if the decision was made before the start of the olympic then i don't think it's fair for Luongo as he never did actually have a shot of winning the starting position except unless Price get's blown out. Anyways whatever.. we prolly won't get past the americans anyways unless our forward decides to start burying the chances they get..

Brodeur was given the #1 job, not only out of respect, but because of his legacy. It's not hard to decide on who to play, when in one hand you have a 3-time Stanley Cup winner and a 3-time Vezina winner. And in the other, just a great goalie.

No goals from Crosby, Toews, Tavares, Perry, Marleau, Nash, Kunitz, Duchene, St. Louis, Bergeron and Sharp and all you people can talk about is the goaltending?

If Canada doesn't win gold, it won't be because of Carey Price.

if he gets torched by the Americans then it will be

if Latvia scores more than 2 goals against us they better go with Luongo next game

Once our forwards get going then its our game hands down but these Euro teams love their neutral ice so we play down to their game, a grinder, our coaching staff is shaking up lines again so I'm kind of excited to see how the Benn-Getzgoof-Perry line works out, that is a beast of a line. Our defense has been carrying our team as of late and it is time for that to change, except our defense needs to keep kicking ass!!

I want more Weber slappers, man they are scary fast.

Wearing home whites. Good luck jersey (won gold in 2002, 2010 wearing white)

Get better every gm, so this should be the best game so far in the tourney

let's see it!

I could expect combos to start being solidified now too, that will help. I wish they would play St Louis with Crosby and drop Kunitz down.......I'd also like to see Bergeron back in the middle where he's most effective, with Benn and Tavares on his wings. I felt the game against Austria was the best line combos of the tournament.

I could expect combos to start being solidified now too, that will help. I wish they would play St Louis with Crosby and drop Kunitz down.......I'd also like to see Bergeron back in the middle where he's most effective, with Benn and Tavares on his wings. I felt the game against Austria was the best line combos of the tournament.

kunitz did well all yr with crosby. they might just light it up soon. too much change is not good. MSL can go anywhere, PP, PK, top line etc, What a luxury is to have art ross trophy guy as your extra forward eh? Like having a designated hitter.

Archived