The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Virtanen or Ritchie?

PRIMO88

Don't know to much about Ritchie, but Virtanen is an absolute beast! He reminds me of a Evander Kane/Ovi lite type player. Wicked shot and release, hard hitting, and is an exceptional skater. He has a nose for the net and will bull doze his way to it if need be. Not sure how good of a passer he is though. Imo he's more of a sniper, PWFD type player which we can desperately use right now in the line up. He may go top 10 in this years draft. Also he is one of the younger players in the 2014 draft (one month from being 2015 draft eligible), and he's from B.C. If we can trade Edler for a higher pick and we finish out of a playoff spot in the 6-10 range I would love for us to get either Nylander/Draisaitl and Virtanen/Perlini with our picks.

Perlini HAS to be in this debate.

He is fast, has size, and has been voted by TSN to have the best natural scoring touch of any player eligible in this draft.

I've said it in numerous threads already, but Perlini has all the intangibles to reach the ceiling of Jamie Benn.

Ritchie and Virtanen are awesome, but DO NOT neglect Perlini. Although any of them would make me happy.

EDIT: spelling errors.

Like the fact that Jake Vitanen is a Abbotsford, BC boy! He is already physically mature at 6 ft roughly 215 lbs :)

Plays a really smart game defensively; he currently has a +/- 21. He also has a strong edge to his game, which is what the Canucks are lacking significatly. Jake is my top choice if we are around #10!

I'd be even more pumped than I was when Shinkaruk fell to us last year if we got Virtanen this year.

Don't know to much about Ritchie, but Virtanen is an absolute beast! He reminds me of a Evander Kane/Ovi lite type player. Wicked shot and release, hard hitting, and is an exceptional skater. He has a nose for the net and will bull doze his way to it if need be. Not sure how good of a passer he is though. Imo he's more of a sniper, PWFD type player which we can desperately use right now in the line up. He may go top 10 in this years draft. Also he is one of the younger players in the 2014 draft (one month from being 2015 draft eligible), and he's from B.C. If we can trade Edler for a higher pick and we finish out of a playoff spot in the 6-10 range I would love for us to get either Nylander/Draisaitl and Virtanen/Perlini with our picks.

Draisaitl and Virtanen please and thanks.

Virtanen! :emot-parrot: He has the skills and attitude we need and he's fairly big and is not finished growing... not to mention hand eye cord that is crazy! I'd let go a low/medium-ish roster player for him, big futue piece of any team if he comes anywhere near close to what he can get to... I'd be :frantic: WOOOHOOO!!!

Let me reiterate everyone

WE NEED RW's in our system....

We have exactly Grenier and Jensen and neither of them scream top 6 at the moment. Include Kassian if you want but seriously....

Virtanen and Tuch in this years draft 1st round. Then work on other areas for the rest of the draft

Let me reiterate everyone

WE NEED RW's in our system....

We have exactly Grenier and Jensen and neither of them scream top 6 at the moment. Include Kassian if you want but seriously....

Virtanen and Tuch in this years draft 1st round. Then work on other areas for the rest of the draft

Shinkaruk - Horvat - Virtanen looks like a beastly line to me :P

Doesn't it though? No complaints picking up Perlini or another solid LW. But we really need RW and Virtanen is local....

Can't argue with you at all.

Also, imagine the size on our right wing going forward if we drafted Ritchie. Kassian AND Ritchie? Holy moly. That would make for a tough ass top-6 to play against if they were both to reach their highest ceilings.

Once Kassian develops a consistent two-way game, I believe he will get every opportunity to continue to showcase his skills in our top-6.

I know it's sarcasm but if there was to be a WCE 2.0 with future Canucks it would have to be Shinkaruk-Horvat-Kassian.

Agreed. I believe Horvat will be a top-1/2 center in the NHL.

The year before Horvat and Shinkaruk were drafted it was: Jensen - Gaunce - Kassian. "ZOMGG switch Jensen to LW."

...then before: Jensen - Schroeder - Kassian

Agreed. I believe Horvat will be a top-1/2 center in the NHL.

The year before Horvat and Shinkaruk were drafted it was: Jensen - Gaunce - Kassian. "ZOMGG switch Jensen to LW."

...then before: Jensen - Schroeder - Kassian

If people actually thought Gaunce would be a first line center then they need to go watch another sport.

Archived