The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Virtanen or Ritchie?

PRIMO88

Perlini put up points on a very bad team this year. I think he has the highest upside as an all round player of the three. What I have seen of Ritchie hasn't sold me. Hasn't been a lot, but 3-4 games where he is a big presence on the ice, but I don't think he's a great scorer. Virtanen seems pretty darn good for his age, but is also playing on a pretty decent team considering he is only PPG.

If I had the choice of the three I would choose Perlini, then Virtanen, then Rithchie

I think there is a very serious chance Calgary takes Virtanen in the top 5, unless they win the draft lotery and get a top 3 pick.

Plays right in their backyard, he is big fast elsuive with a deadly shot, can play a finesse game while having the speed and size to also be a dominating physical force. He is also a year younger almost then the majority of the draft class, more room to grow and develop.

(This time I am not mistaken, like I was for Scherbak, with the size.)

Craig Button is retarded for how low he has Jake ranked

I would be very happy with Perlini as well though

Virtanen, Perlini, Ritchie in that order, is how I rank the three

I think there is a very serious chance Calgary takes Virtanen in the top 5, unless they win the draft lotery and get a top 3 pick.

Plays right in their backyard, he is big fast elsuive with a deadly shot, can play a finesse game while having the speed and size to also be a dominating physical force. He is also a year younger almost then the majority of the draft class, more room to grow and develop.

(This time I am not mistaken, like I was for Scherbak, with the size.)

Craig Button is retarded for how low he has Jake ranked

I would be very happy with Perlini as well though

Virtanen, Perlini, Ritchie in that order, is how I rank the three

Most scouts and mock drafts don't have Virtanen in the top 5. Regardless, he is a top 10 pick, but he isn't better than Ekblad, Reinhart, Draisaitl, Dal Colle, and Bennett. Calgary would be foolish to not take any of those players considering they will draft in the top 4 for sure. If Cowtown specifically wants Virtanen then they would trade down to get him.

Most scouts and mock drafts don't have Virtanen in the top 5. Regardless, he is a top 10 pick, but he isn't better than Ekblad, Reinhart, Draisaitl, Dal Colle, and Bennett. Calgary would be foolish to not take any of those players considering they will draft in the top 4 for sure. If Cowtown specifically wants Virtanen then they would trade down to get him.

I totally see where you are coming from, bur must greater reachs have taken place in drafts.

As much as I could see Leon or Michael being drafted by calgary I can really see Brian Burke oing with Jake, He has the speed the size the shot, All three NHL key qualities.

I do not think it would be much of a reach at all taking Virtanen a few picks earlier in the top 10.

You could be right tho for sure, was just an idea! Just have a feeling that if he finishes the year strong he could be drafted by Calgary.

Fairly reputable mock draft, the do pretty decent every year in their projections, http://thehockeywrit...hockey-edition/

I am not alone !! :emot-parrot:

But I know most mocks have Virtanen 8 or 9th at the earliest!

You guys are gonna be suprised when we finish 25th and get 2nd overall.

I would be very surprised at that since finishing 25th makes us ineligible for the 2nd overall unless we trade for it. I would be pleasantly surprised if we drafted 30th overall though :bigblush:

I totally see where you are coming from, bur must greater reachs have taken place in drafts.

As much as I could see Leon or Michael being drafted by calgary I can really see Brian Burke oing with Jake, He has the speed the size the shot, All three NHL key qualities.

I do not think it would be much of a reach at all taking Virtanen a few picks earlier in the top 10.

You could be right tho for sure, was just an idea! Just have a feeling that if he finishes the year strong he could be drafted by Calgary.

With Calgary specifically. Lets not forget how they stole Mark 'The best player in the draft' Jankowski at 21.

Archived