The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Girl 'is stoned to death by Syrian fundamentalists for having a FACEBOOK account'

What I meant by putting his own spin on it is that he didn't even include the source from where he found this interruption/translation from. What book is this verse from? and what is the overall context?

lets look at history to Get an idea of context,for the first six hundred years Islam was a reasonably enlightened religion it was christianity that was the aggressor ,science and education was fostered in Islamic societies ,I think it was around the time of osman the second when the west developed the printing press and Islam stuck with calligraphy that things went downhill and since then it seems a lot of Islamic leaders are quite happy to keep their followers ignorant and uneducated ,a lot easier to control. Can you Please tell me the difference between ,Abraham ,mohamad and Joseph smith ,three dudes that went into the wilderness and Came back and told people that god spoke to them ,give me one good logical reason why I should believe any of their claims

lets look at history to Get an idea of context,for the first six hundred years Islam was a reasonably enlightened religion it was christianity that was the aggressor ,science and education was fostered in Islamic societies ,I think it was around the time of osman the second when the west developed the printing press and Islam stuck with calligraphy that things went downhill and since then it seems a lot of Islamic leaders are quite happy to keep their followers ignorant and uneducated ,a lot easier to control. Can you Please tell me the difference between ,Abraham ,mohamad and Joseph smith ,three dudes that went into the wilderness and Came back and told people that god spoke to them ,give me one good logical reason why I should believe any of their claims

No dude. That's just a spin. Stop spinning everything the wrong way.

Well now this has turned into religious bashing nice... Also I read in a previous thread that you claim to be for social justice yet I see no evidence of that occurring. You also relay on pre-dispositons and generalizations. Please do some research. Although I haven't provided any sources the facts are there and can easily be found. It's your responsibility to validate my thoughts if you are willing to debate.

What on earth are you talking about, what makes me qualified? Qualified for what? Reading?

I guess graduating from high school makes me qualified. I can comprehend basic English, no spin required. This isn't ???? poetry. There's no metaphors. It's IN VERY CLEAR ENGLISH. Imagine I had a little black book writing entries about how I'll kill people who don't agree with me. I'd be labelled a sociopath, no?

Since it's labelled a holy book, it gets a pass. How's that for a spin. Enjoy your invisible, fear mongering. hateful god. DON'T TAKE IT THE WRONG WAY, IT'S NOT MEANT TO BE LITERAL LOL.

Because I didn't physically waste my money on some trash a bunch of homophobic, misogynistic, hate spewing, sociopaths wrote thousands of years ago means my quick and easy attempt at picking apart "themohammadman's" BS image is no longer valid?

Actually I googled violent passages in the Quran. Took me about 10 seconds to find one I liked.

"ahah"

Anybody can disguise hate by saying just joking... Also what I meant by are you qualified is are you a scholar of Islam or affiliated with that religion? have you read what the disclaimer on that site says?

All translations of the original Arabic text are thus interpretations of the original meanings and should be embraced as such.

The original Arabic Qurans are steeped in poetry as is the bible. Like I said in my previous post not all muslims believe in every verse of Quran and their interpretations are different. So stop generalizing I agree there are elements within the religion that are barbaric but labelling the entire religion/people as that is plain ignorance and hypocritical. You accuse of fearing mongering but aren't you doing the same thing?

Well now this has turned into religious bashing nice... Also I read in a previous thread that you claim to be for social justice yet I see no evidence of that occurring. You also relay on pre-dispositons and generalizations. Please do some research. Although I haven't provided any sources the facts are there and can easily be found. It's your responsibility to validate my thoughts if you are willing to debate.

Anybody can disguise hate by saying just joking... Also what I meant by are you qualified is are you a scholar of Islam or affiliated with that religion? have you read what the disclaimer on that site says?

The original Arabic Qurans are steeped in poetry as is the bible. Like I said in my previous post not all muslims believe in every verse of Quran and their interpretations are different. So stop generalizing I agree there are elements within the religion that are barbaric but labelling the entire religion as that is plain ignorance and hypocritical. You accuse of fearing mongering but aren't you doing the same thing?

typical religious person I state some facts and you call it religion bashing .it Was you that asked For context ,I gave it To You and all I get Back Are some bs claims. As for your claim about My social conscience even my most ardent detractors Will tell you I am an idealist and am intensely focused on social justice,but that Was justa personal attack Because you lacked the knowledge and wisdom to reply to the facts I presented.

typical religious person I state some facts and you call it religion bashing .it Was you that asked For context ,I gave it To You and all I get Back Are some bs claims. As for your claim about My social conscience even my most ardent detractors Will tell you I am an idealist and am intensely focused on social justice,but that Was justa personal attack Because you lacked the knowledge and wisdom to reply to the facts I presented.

How do you know I am religious or even afflicted with the religion? I have never presented that in any posts? I'll have you know I have a passion for studying different religions. Again like others you are quick to generalize but too ignorant to do research...

I agree there are certain elements within the religion just like any other religion, that are backwards and barbaric, but that doesn't mean we should label everyone from that religion as the same. If i wanted to steep to your level of ignorance i could easily label you as Xenophobe based on your nationality and the quote in your sig? How does that make you feel? But instead I refuse to do so.

Social justice my ass.. Real social justice requires the use of epistemology and research. Arguably you are no different then Herbert Spencer.. and he lived over 100 years ago.

One more thing:

Your Interests: hockey ,social justice , skiing , downhil mountain biking,treating others the way i want to be treated myself

So personal attacks is how you want to be treated? If thats the case ok let me know what I can attack about you.

How do you know I am religious or even afflicted with the religion? I have never presented that in any posts? I'll have you know I have a passion for studying different religions. Again like others you are quick to generalize but too ignorant to do research...

I agree there are certain elements within the religion just like any other religion, that are backwards and barbaric, but that doesn't mean we should label everyone from that religion as the same. If i wanted to steep to your level of ignorance i could easily label you as Xenophobe based on your nationality and the quote in your sig? How does that make you feel? But instead I refuse to do.

then you know that christianity and Islam have evolved from an ancient Egyptian allegory ? I hope you realise that I despise tony Abbott his religion and his policy on assylum seekers placing that quote under the narration from the movie idiocracy was making a statement on his stupity and ours as a nation in electing him .

The original Arabic Qurans are steeped in poetry as is the bible. Like I said in my previous post not all muslims believe in every verse of Quran and their interpretations are different. So stop generalizing I agree there are elements within the religion that are barbaric but labelling the entire religion/people as that is plain ignorance and hypocritical. You accuse of fearing mongering but aren't you doing the same thing?

Ok. The interpretation presented to us is disgusting.

This isn't deniable.

then you know that christianity and Islam have evolved from an ancient Egyptian allegory ? I hope you realise that I despise tony Abbott his religion and his policy on assylum seekers placing that quote under the narration from the movie idiocracy was making a statement on his stupity and ours as a nation in electing him .

And that is why I refrained from labelling you Xenophobe, but had I wrote that quote I wouldn't be surprised if you labelled me Xenophobe based on your logic..

Also I don't deny the similarities between abrahamic religions with other previous civilizations (Ancient Egypt), my point is that in this day and age it is simply vulgar to relay on predispositions and generalizations when we have this vast amount of knowledge from many different sources.

GUYS! PLEASE LISTEN! This is not Islam to stone someone to death over a Facebook account. This is coming from a Muslim Living in Saudi Arabia. This IS NOT SHARIA LAW, but rather sheer hatred. What this people are doing is not true Islam. These people are fools that commit murders upon murders and do it by the name of Allah (SWT). In the Quran it says:no-terrorism-in-islam.jpg

While terrorism is generally frowned upon by the majority of Muslims, that passage doesn't exactly make a strong textual case, seeing as terrorists could very easily say that their victims were mischief-makers or that the killings were done in retaliation.

And that is why I refrained from labelling you Xenophobe, but had I wrote that quote I wouldn't be surprised if you labelled me Xenophobe based on your logic..

Also I don't deny the similarities between abrahamic religions with other previous civilizations (Egypt), my point is that in this day and age it is simply vulgar to relay on pre-disportions and generalizations when we have this vast amount of knowledge from many different sources.

rather than keep to the subject we are discussing you keep making Personal attacks ,no I would Not call you A xenophobe ,my ability To critically think Would have lead me to link the two quotes. Bottom line you asked for context ,I gave It To you and you have replied with personal attacks rather than facts.

rather than keep to the subject we are discussing you keep making Personal attacks ,no I would Not call you A xenophobe ,my ability To critically think Would have lead me to link the two quotes. Bottom line you asked for context ,I gave It To you and you have replied with personal attacks rather than facts.

I make personal attacks because they are within the realm of this discussion, and the fact they support my overall point. It is further evidence to support my position that ignorance, and generalizing is very rampant in this thread. I am simply highlighting flaws that I picked up not just from the context in this thread, but from your overall character.. I used Xenophobe as an example because you were so quick to label me as religious when there is no evidence of that in my post.

I am not sure how this has to do with my point about generalizations and ignorance?

Also weren't you the one that began the first rounds of personal attacks?

What on earth are you talking about, what makes me qualified? Qualified for what? Reading?

I guess graduating from high school makes me qualified. I can comprehend basic English, no spin required. This isn't ???? poetry. There's no metaphors. It's IN VERY CLEAR ENGLISH. Imagine I had a little black book writing entries about how I'll kill people who don't agree with me. I'd be labelled a sociopath, no?

Since it's labelled a holy book, it gets a pass. How's that for a spin. Enjoy your invisible, fear mongering. hateful god. DON'T TAKE IT THE WRONG WAY, IT'S NOT MEANT TO BE LITERAL LOL.

Because I didn't physically waste my money on some trash a bunch of homophobic, misogynistic, hate spewing, sociopaths wrote thousands of years ago means my quick and easy attempt at picking apart "themohammadman's" BS image is no longer valid?

Actually I googled violent passages in the Quran. Took me about 10 seconds to find one I liked.

"ahah"

Trash ? Hate spewing ? Sociopaths? Those are some strong words against a whole religion and their beliefs you stereotyping racist degenerate. Have you read the Quran yourself or done any real research? Oo nevermind you took 5 minutes of your worthless time by searching nonsense on google lol your as brainwashed as the next person in this thread. You no nothing other then what the internet leads you to believe.

Trash ? Hate spewing ? Sociopaths? Those are some strong words against a whole religion and their beliefs you stereotyping racist degenerate. Have you read the Quran yourself or done any real research? Oo nevermind you took 5 minutes of your worthless time by searching nonsense on google lol your as brainwashed as the next person in this thread. You no nothing other then what the internet leads you to believe.

Exactly lol finally someone whose willing to critically think on this site. I think he understands now once I showed him the disclaimer from that site... I like the fact he tried to disguise all that by saying just joking... The passion of his hate is very apparent in the use of language and capitals..

I make personal attacks because they are within the realm of this discussion, and the fact they support my overall point. It is further evidence to support my position that ignorance, and generalizing is very rampant in this thread. I am simply highlighting flaws that I picked up not just from the context in this thread, but from your overall character.. I used Xenophobe as an example because you were so quick to label me as religious when there is no evidence of that in my post.

I am not sure how this has to do with my point about generalizations and ignorance?

Also weren't you the one that began the first rounds of personal attacks?

you were displaying the traits of a religious person ,ignoring the facts presented and attacking the messenger calling into question my social conscience ,no one who has any knowledge of my posting history would do this ,I wear my heart on my sleeve and am proud of it You claimed to have an interest and have studied religion this is why I asked if you realised that the two major religions are based on an even older allegory,I am willing to bet that you do not know when the god of Abraham gained full acceptance and the reasoning behind that acceptance.no I was not attacking you in any way unless labeling some one as religious is an attack which is not case I have until now refrained from pointing out your Inability to critically think which you have displayed by attacking my character rather than the content of my posts

Stereotyping and racist. Since we aren't even talking about a race here I don't see how I could possibly be racist.

Where's the stereotype? Do you know what that word means, little boy?

And I'm fairly certain I was saying the god that the quran follows is a hate spewing sociopath.

Christ dude, you don't even know how to read correctly. No wonder you're so blind to your religions faults.

I better bite my tongue though. This permits those who follow the quran to cut me up. Yikes.

Mind not calling me a degenerate though? Its as false a claim as your racist stereotype nonsense.

Go read a book. You're painfully slow.

Well the source is DailyMail so one could argue the source is flawed, but I wouldn't be surprised if this is true. There are many examples of these kinds of acts from the opposition and government on YouTube. I am pretty sure a video will show up eventually. It seems both sides often like to film their despicable actions and post them on YouTube.

well, the website linked is actually just a blog on the Daily Mail, posted anonymously. the blog's source is Examiner.com, which is another blog-focused website with a pay-per-hit type function. The blog poster on there cites India Times.com as his source. the India Times article says "it has been reported" by does not say by whom or where "it" was reported.

however, in the comments people are calling it out as being fake, with plenty of sources: http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/syrian-girl-stoned-to-death-for-joining-facebook/1/343455.html

sloppy journalism or an article planted by the propaganda machine!? you be the judge.

Exactly lol finally someone whose willing to critically think on this site. I think he understands now once I showed him the disclaimer from that site... I like the fact he tried to disguise all that by saying just joking... The passion of his hate is very apparent in the use of language and capitals..

Critical thinking and religion don't work.

What do I understand? That these holy passages have no foundation for logic? They're open ended, so they can never be wrong? They can literally say the most heinous things, but because of potential poor translation, they get a pass?

You don't see the insanity in that?

I also like how capital lettering is a sign of hatred, but talking about how women are half the value of men, and stating several times that it's fine to own slaves and kill people who don't follow your beliefs are "open for interpretation"

BRAVO for your critical thinking.

Well to be fair, Quran isn't written in English, and there may be some idioms that are misinterpreted, or mistranslated. Some scholars in islam even think that 72 virgins is supposed to be 72 raisins. Also, people have expanded the rules that were meant to apply to Muhammed's wife (about covering their body with those overall clothes) to apply to all women. And finally, there are barbaric verses in every religious book because they were written so long ago, when people though things like slavery were ok.

Archived