The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Girl 'is stoned to death by Syrian fundamentalists for having a FACEBOOK account'

A quick search for her on FB produced only one return

https://www.facebook...8670511&fref=ts

Says she lives in Pretoria though. How factual is this report?

Possible she used a different name

More importantly when it comes to much of the stories coming out of Syria it is important to remember that it may or may not be 100% factual.

To me it seems likely that the Facebook part was added to make this seem much more extreme and attention grabbing. More likely that the woman named was in fact executed but for something else

My 2 cents

Pretty much.

There's nothing in this article to suggest any authenticity or factual content even relevant to the headline.

Well the source is DailyMail so one could argue the source is flawed, but I wouldn't be surprised if this is true. There are many examples of these kinds of acts from the opposition and government on YouTube. I am pretty sure a video will show up eventually. It seems both sides often like to film their despicable actions and post them on YouTube.

I watched a vice documentary on youtube about isis Even al queda has distanced it self from this extreme organization. They need to execute groups like this all the people fear them they train 8-10 yr olds to become suicide bombers They think that only the infidels will die and not them its evil brainwashing of poor uneducated children. fracken evil ????

GUYS! PLEASE LISTEN! This is not Islam to stone someone to death over a Facebook account. This is coming from a Muslim Living in Saudi Arabia. This IS NOT SHARIA LAW, but rather sheer hatred. What this people are doing is not true Islam. These people are fools that commit murders upon murders and do it by the name of Allah (SWT). In the Quran it says:no-terrorism-in-islam.jpg

GUYS! PLEASE LISTEN! This is not Islam to stone someone to death over a Facebook account. This is coming from a Muslim Living in Saudi Arabia. This IS NOT SHARIA LAW, but rather sheer hatred. What this people are doing is not true Islam. These people are fools that commit murders upon murders and do it by the name of Allah (SWT). In the Quran it says:

Facta non verba

GUYS! PLEASE LISTEN! This is not Islam to stone someone to death over a Facebook account. This is coming from a Muslim Living in Saudi Arabia. This IS NOT SHARIA LAW, but rather sheer hatred. What this people are doing is not true Islam. These people are fools that commit murders upon murders and do it by the name of Allah (SWT). In the Quran it says:no-terrorism-in-islam.jpg

Well said.

Unfortunately, some people on CDC (and the in the world) see someone different than them (whether it be religion, sex, colour of their skin) and automatically stereotype everyone of that group into one.

If a priest molests, all priests are bad and so is the Bible and anyone who follows it.

If someone declares they are blowing themselves up for Allah, anyone who follows Islam is also a terrorist.

Well said.

Unfortunately, some people on CDC (and the in the world) see someone different than them (whether it be religion, sex, colour of their skin) and automatically stereotype everyone of that group into one.

If a priest molests, all priests are bad and so is the Bible and anyone who follows it.

If someone declares they are blowing themselves up for Allah, anyone who follows Islam is also a terrorist.

Nope. I reat that passage, then take note of others that contradict it.

Quran (5:33) - "The punishment of those who wage war against Allah and His messenger and strive to make mischief in the land is only this, that they should be murdered or crucified or their hands and their feet should be cut off on opposite sides or they should be imprisoned; this shall be as a disgrace for them in this world, and in the hereafter they shall have a grievous chastisement"

What a misunderstood and peaceful religion.

Nope. I reat that passage, then take note of others that contradict it.

Quran (5:33) - "The punishment of those who wage war against Allah and His messenger and strive to make mischief in the land is only this, that they should be murdered or crucified or their hands and their feet should be cut off on opposite sides or they should be imprisoned; this shall be as a disgrace for them in this world, and in the hereafter they shall have a grievous chastisement"

What a misunderstood and peaceful religion.

What makes you qualified? anybody can find a random verse from a holy book and try to spin their take on it. You do realize there are many interruptions of the Quran just like the Bible. People need to educate themselves more regarding the different sects within islam before jumping to conclusions. Each sect has a different interruption of the Quran. Themohammadman is right in that certain factions in the Arab world (Saudi Arabia) are trying to spread their own interruptions of the Quran (salafis and wahabis). Since Saudia Arabia is one of the wealthiest countries in the ME they have been shown to sponsor these kinds of radicals for political and religious gains. I remember watching a documentary "Islam and the west" and it was stated that Saudi Arabia regards Syria as part of their old historical territory.

Its unfortunate that Muslims have become the scapegoat of the world because of a small minority of rotten eggs. Lets not forget the atrocities committed by other religious groups in the past either.. (WW1, WW2) probably two of the most barbaric wars in history, and the pre-cursor for this mess.

What makes you qualified? anybody can find a random verse from a holy book and try to spin their take on it. You do realize there are many interruptions of the Quran just like the Bible. People need to educate themselves more regarding the different sects within islam before jumping to conclusions. Each sect has a different interruption of the Quran. Themohammadman is right in that certain factions in the Arab world (Saudi Arabia) are trying to spread their own interruptions of the Quran (salafis and wahabis). Since Saudia Arabia is one of the wealthiest countries in the ME they have been shown to sponsor these kinds of radicals for political and religious gains. I remember watching a documentary "Islam and the west" and it was stated that Saudi Arabia regards Syria as part of their old historical territory.

Its unfortunate that Muslims have become the scapegoat of the world because of a small minority of rotten eggs. Lets not forget the atrocities committed by other religious groups in the past either.. (WW1, WW2) probably two of the most barbaric wars in history, and the pre-cursor for this mess.

putting his own spin on it ? What spin do you put on the words murdered and crucified ? I totally agree that christianity is just as guilty as Islam for persecuting those that do not believe their bs ,the crusades ,the inquistion,lets face it the two biggest religions have brought so much pain and suffering into the world and continue to do so.

putting his own spin on it ? What spin do you put on the words murdered and crucified ? I totally agree that christianity is just as guilty as Islam for persecuting those that do not believe their bs ,the crusades ,the inquistion,lets face it the two biggest religions have brought so much pain and suffering into the world and continue to do so.

What I meant by putting his own spin on it is that he didn't even include the source from where he found this interruption/translation from. What book is this verse from? and what is the overall context?

What on earth are you talking about, what makes me qualified? Qualified for what? Reading?

I guess graduating from high school makes me qualified. I can comprehend basic English, no spin required. This isn't ???? poetry. There's no metaphors. It's IN VERY CLEAR ENGLISH. Imagine I had a little black book writing entries about how I'll kill people who don't agree with me. I'd be labelled a sociopath, no?

Since it's labelled a holy book, it gets a pass. How's that for a spin. Enjoy your invisible, fear mongering. hateful god. DON'T TAKE IT THE WRONG WAY, IT'S NOT MEANT TO BE LITERAL LOL.

He got that verse off of google by putting in "Islam is bad" ahah

Because I didn't physically waste my money on some trash a bunch of homophobic, misogynistic, hate spewing, sociopaths wrote thousands of years ago means my quick and easy attempt at picking apart "themohammadman's" BS image is no longer valid?

Actually I googled violent passages in the Quran. Took me about 10 seconds to find one I liked.

"ahah"

What I meant by putting his own spin on it is that he didn't even include the source from where he found this interruption/translation from. What book is this verse from? and what is the overall context?

http://quran.com/5/33

Wasn't Quran 5:33 enough? I don't get it.

Here, try to find some reasoning behind pure hatred.

I guess to the blind it's loving.

http://quran.com/8/12

Here's another loving passage.

[Remember] when your Lord inspired to the angels, "I am with you, so strengthen those who have believed. I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieved, so strike [them] upon the necks and strike from them every fingertip."

Archived