The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

John Tavares out for the remainder of the season

Goat James

Terrible news for the Isles, terrible news for Snow, terrible news for Isles fans (seeing them shed rentals now), terrible news for fantasy owners. And above all, terrible for hockey. He's a magnificent player and will be sorely missed by all fans.

Lol azzy, you're making it sound like he's been murdered by Vladimir Putin himself. He'll be gone for a few months. Fans will be ok....

Haha, I knew what he meant but yeah, a slight over reaction. Tough deal for the Isles though, he has been s a bright spot on that dump franchise. Islanders fire sale! Rebuild rebuild rebuild!

I wonder what this changes for the owners on 2018. Nobody wants to see their star players being risked at the Olympics.

I do hope that they keep NHL inside the Olympics. It's clearly the only chance we have against tougher competition that''s only getting better.

I wonder what this changes for the owners on 2018. Nobody wants to see their star players being risked at the Olympics.

I do hope that they keep NHL inside the Olympics. It's clearly the only chance we have against tougher competition that''s only getting better.

I don't know that this necessarily changes anything for the owners. It seems they were the only ones against participation in the first place.

One of the top 7/8 players in the league is injured and will miss 30+ games. I'd call that terrible news for all concerned.

It's not to bad IMO.

They are already one of the worst teams in the NHL attendance wise. Won't harm that to bad.

They are one of the worst teams in the NHL. They will likely fall further and get a better pick.

Those veteran players like MacDonald and Vanek were already going to be traded.

Terrible news for the Isles, terrible news for Snow, terrible news for Isles fans (seeing them shed rentals now), terrible news for fantasy owners. And above all, terrible for hockey. He's a magnificent player and will be sorely missed by all fans.

He's injured. NOT DEAD!! lol

this is why owners don't want to loan their superstars for free on the other side of the world. While shutting down and disrupting their multi billion dollar league.

there is no nfl, MLB, March madness and its still winter. one of the best times to be playing hockey.

panthers also lost 2 great players,and rangers lost zucarello.. (just off top of my head) not to speak of the inevitable fatigue of returning players

Olympics are becoming a parasite to the NHL. They are affecting the outcomes of the NHL season

Pretty much this. First Stamkos, now Tavares :sadno:

Archived