The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Figure Skating Scandal?

CANUCKS FTW!

I don't know if you guys follow figure skating but Yuna Kim was absolutely robbed today. Flawless performance and somehow still lost.

I completely agree with you. There is no comparison between the quality of Yuna Kim's skating and that of the Russian girl who was awarded the gold. None. Kim should have won. Kostner should have been awarded the silver, The Russian should have been handed the bronze. The competition was clearly fixed. Figure skating is killing itself with these ridiculous judging scandals.

I completely agree with you. There is no comparison between the quality of Yuna Kim's skating and that of the Russian girl who was awarded the gold. None. Kim should have won. Kostner should have been awarded the silver, The Russian should have been handed the bronze. The competition was clearly fixed. Figure skating is killing itself with these ridiculous judging scandals.

I honestly feel so bad for the victims. These athletes train their butt off for 4 years for that moment. From the short program, Yuna should have been way higher than Kostner and the Russian girl. There was no way the Russian girl deserved a score in the free that was like 0.11 lower than the world record(set by Yuna Kim in Vancouver). Yuna Kim probably trained harder than anybody considering she was away from the sport for a whole year. Also her last Olympics. So sad.

I losely follow figure skating I really like it but usually Hockey takes over and yeah ...

anyways I am not sure if you aware of the contoversy behind the ice dance finals... and now this...and then the report that was leaked by the french press... scandal and olympic figure skating well its not something unknown.. they kind of go together.

It's a shameful gold medal. Kostner even did better than the Russian. It's not surprising considering it's Russia. Hell if Plushenko didn't suddenly retire, there would probably be some way he'd win gold in singles through the corruption. Biased judging no doubt. Kim Yuna is the most elegant and eye-catching figure skater I've ever seen. No one in this competition compares to her. Clearly fixed but everyone knows the true winner is Yuna.

Yuna Kim was in the number one spot before the final skate and yet she finished behind the Russian woman by 5 points. Something fishy going on here. Given both she and the Russian gave flawless performances, they should have finish the last skate tied, thus giving the gold to Kim.

Archived