The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

USA VS FINLAND BRONZE MEDAL MATCH

-DLC-

anyone else kind of enjoy seeing Patrick Kane tearing up on the bench :bigblush:

I got to say I feel for Kesler, poor guy lost the gold, then lost the cup and now he can't even win a bronze... hopefully this will defeat will be the last straw and he will go into ULTIMATE beast mode and single-handly put the canucks into the playoffs and then anything is possible.

Guest Gumballthechewy

Would you rather win bronze or lose silver?

That's a tough one, you have to not only lose but lose gold to win silver, with bronze you actually win it, so yeah, I dunno... :P

Why is Finland so happy for bronze?

Coz it's better than nothing. It' easy to not have anything to go home with if you don't give it your all.

I was really, really down last night because of the chance lost when we lost to Sweden. But this makes up for it a bit. And to see the happy faces instead of nothing. At least now a bronze won feels better than an early exit or humiliation in the final game, cuz player didn't show up...

I wonder what Team Finland will look like in the next Olympics, if there is one, they have a lot of retirees this year.

The team will be highlighted by fellas like Mikael Granlund, captain Mikko Koivu, Tuukka Rask, Alexander Barkov, Rasmus Ristolainen, Sami Vatanen, Olli Määttä, Leo Komarov, Jarkko Immonen, Lauri Korpikoski and hopefully someones like Antti Raanta.

I know this is very after-the-fact, but I had a lot of confidence for Canada back in the semis vs U.S because of our results against Finland and Russia. For one, Finland actually earned a birth into the QF for being a higher seed. We narrowly edged Finland overtime, so it was obvious that they were quite dangerous. The U.S also barely, and I mean by the skin of the teeth, inched out Russia. I thought to myself, the match between Russia and Finland would serve as a measuring stick between U.S. and Canada. Finland then promptly 3-1 Russia in a solid fashion. DAMN. The only team that Finland lost to was us! Only by 1 goal overtime.

Proud of you, team Selanne =)

Can't believe how Team USA gave up ... no respect for them at all. No heart, no guts, they deserve to go home empty handed. If they tried their hardest and lost, story would be different but mailing it in reflects on your character.

I'm not surprised at all that they didn't give a crap after losing to us yesterday, that was their gold medal game.

whatever heart they had we ripped it out when we beat them

I have to think that Finland would have beaten Sweden, and maybe win gold if not for their injuries. Also interesting to note that they've won a medal in 4 of the last 5 Olympics.

I'm happy for Salo, and it's unfortunate how the tournament ended for Kesler after doing so well.

I have to think that Finland would have beaten Sweden, and maybe win gold if not for their injuries. Also interesting to note that they've won a medal in 4 of the last 5 Olympics.

I'm happy for Salo, and it's unfortunate how the tournament ended for Kesler after doing so well.

Then you have to consider Sweden is missing their top 2 centers in Zetterberg and Henrik ~ Rask might not matter if Sweden had the depth to push Backstrom to play 3C

Archived