The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Torts cheering for team Sweden

Del Rio

Ah, don'tcha just love that every single thing these days becomes a headline and then a controversy?

I think if Twitter is exploding over this far too many people need a life...maybe go outside and shovel some snow or something. Honestly, he was just staying fairly neutral and, as the issue was pressed, he obviously was swaying over to the side that would best support his players. He really did sound like he doesn't take much interest in the Olympics...I'd imagine, for these guys, they're wrapped up with the team and don't focus too much away from that. It's not like they're on vacation and sitting back watching TV...he's working.

Torts can cheer for whoever he wants to, he's probably sick of Canada kicking the US' ass in hockey.

However, any Canadian cheering for Sweden in tomorrow's game should be subjected to a thorough investigation by the authorities.

haha get outta here if serious...I honestly don't care about Olympics that much. But I respect all countries and know they are all competitive and like players from all countries, unlike most Canadian fans...

This is kind of the way I think of it too.

While I would still be happy for Lu and Hamhuis to win a gold medal, it would mean more for players that are actually playing in the game.

I think the Canucks would be better off if Daniel and Edler win gold. So I'm hoping they win.

Fire him .... he's just pissed cuz the US team lost. The only sh*t he gives is the one that the US players crapped all over their pants. Torts doesn't deserve to coach in a hockey country. Send him back to States or Utica.

Who gives a frack it's just the Olympics, if rather have canucks in the playoffs than Canada winning gold.

Fire him .... he's just pissed cuz the US team lost. The only sh*t he gives is the one that the US players crapped all over their pants. Torts doesn't deserve to coach in a hockey country. Send him back to States or Utica.

Try reading what he actually said. He is cheering for the team that will actually have two of his Canucks players playing in.

Is that really too hard a concept for you to grasp??

OK ... before this gets all heated and out of control, let's just take a step back. The issue here, and it's been asked/discussed before, is this: Do you have a stronger loyalty to Vancouver Canucks or Team Canada. Edler, Sedin playing on team Sweden vs. Luongo and Hamhuis not playing on Team Canada, all other hypotheticals like would you rather see Canucks win Stanley Cup (or make playoffs at our pace) or Team Canada win gold ... and many other variations of this ultimately boil down to saying the same thing. And I suppose you can side with one or the other ... but for me, if I had to choose one, it's success of Team Canada. That's my $0.02.

Archived