The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Motorsports 2014

Henrik Kesler

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Best weekend of racing of the year. Monaco, Indy 500, and the Coke 600. As and East Coaster, I can watch motorsport all day on Sunday. It'll be interesting to see how Kurt Busch does in his attempt to do the double, racing the Indy 500 and Coke 600 on the same day.

As much as the Indy 500 gets all the press, I am shocked that the Monaco GP is pushed to the background.

It's one of the last of it's kind.

It was crazy how many retirements there were, nice to see Bianchi get some points for Marussia, though the assist goes to money bags Chilton for taking out Raikkonnen. Caterham won't be happy as they are now guaranteed last in the championship and I could see them leave at season's end as the owner was already pissed and complaining about stuff.

A Senna-Prost teammate war is about to erupt in Mercedes

• 2 weeks later...

Can't believe the NBCSN crew just asked Gene Haas if Danica Patrick would be a good candidate for their new F1 team, and that Haas actually replied with any sort of positive response. If that would be the kind of joke the team would turn into, I'd rather not have an American team

Can't believe the NBCSN crew just asked Gene Haas if Danica Patrick would be a good candidate for their new F1 team, and that Haas actually replied with any sort of positive response. If that would be the kind of joke the team would turn into, I'd rather not have an American team

If Gene Haas is going to enter F1, he needs to poach a top driver from NASCAR. A Harvick, Johnson, one of the Busch brothers, etc. Anybody else and the team will be a joke.

As for the F1 race today, it was one hell of a show. What a horrible miscalculation by Massa on the last lap. I didn't think I was going to like these new F1 cars, but for the first time in forever there is actual racing again in F1.

If Gene Haas is going to enter F1, he needs to poach a top driver from NASCAR. A Harvick, Johnson, one of the Busch brothers, etc. Anybody else and the team will be a joke.

As for the F1 race today, it was one hell of a show. What a horrible miscalculation by Massa on the last lap. I didn't think I was going to like these new F1 cars, but for the first time in forever there is actual racing again in F1.

It would be a real joke if he did employ someone who can only turn left. Open wheel racing is so much different than Nascar, especially with how the power units and energy recovery systems are employed. He needs Alex Rossi as a young American who can get some patriot juices flowing as well as an experienced F1 guy who can help with car development.

Montreal was one of the best F1 races in many years, wow. I think Perez went a little left off line. If he was having rear brake issues like the radio said, he would have put the brake bias forward, which requires you to cut corners a little as the car will understeer. I don't think Massa expected this, hopefully both are ok

Wow! what a race in Canada!

that´s what happen when you have real racetracks instead the new fancy ones designed only for very rich people...

see. crowded of fans, with real race. learn that FIA and forget those Arabic racetracks or expensive ones in China and Korea...

FIA need at least 5 more races like this one in Montreal and F1 will be fine again..

I can´t understand why F1 goes so well in Canada but didn´t find the right way to step in USA...

Wow! what a race in Canada!

that´s what happen when you have real racetracks instead the new fancy ones designed only for very rich people...

see. crowded of fans, with real race. learn that FIA and forget those Arabic racetracks or expensive ones in China and Korea...

FIA need at least 5 more races like this one in Montreal and F1 will be fine again..

I can´t understand why F1 goes so well in Canada but didn´t find the right way to step in USA...

I'd have to say Jacques and Gilles Villeneuve must have played a part. Especially with them being french canadian, and montreal the host city.

America hasn't had that kind of driver since Mario Andretti, and even then he was Italian-American.

This is why I feel the Haas racing team will be so important to F1 in America, especially if they have at least 1 driver from the US, which is likely to be Alex Rossi or Conor Daly

Great F1 race in Montreal.

You forget American racing legend Dan Gurney.

He competed in F1, NASCAR, Indy Car, and LeMans.

Honestly when F1 left Sebring, that's when F1 went downhill in the US. Racing at Indy for the F1 just doesn't work.

Maybe if they moved it to Long Beach, it could be popular again.

But Americans just don't seem to like open wheel racing, they'd rather watch NASCAR. (Unless it's drag racing with top fuel dragsters).

Archived