The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Martin St. Louis asked for a trade

Don't lie. If you had just won the Art Ross last season, named team captain and led your team in points this season, you wouldn't even be slightly pissed off that YOUR OWN GM left you off the Olympic team?

Lie? lol

Of course I can understand being disappointed that he was left off the team. But, if it were true

that he requested a trade because he was left off team Canada, then I wouldn't want him.

BTW, It wasn't HIS OWN GM that left him off the team. It was voted on by a group of coaches.

None of this matters because I can't imagine St-Louis asking for a trade for this reason.

I believe he has more character than that. If he did request a trade for other reasons, then

I'd sign him in a heartbeat.

You do know why this is possible, right? Because Stevie Y chose the roster for Team Canada, St. Louis' GM? I mean, I don't believe it's true, but your post makes no sense.

He also chose it in 2010. No St. Louis then. No trade rumour then either. None of this makes sense. So why not lump all the snubs into a trade request basket and call it an evening.

Hedman snubbed by Sweden. Tradez.

Subban did not play enough for Team Canada. Tradez.

Luongo relegated to backup. Tradez.

Question: Why is Chewbacca in the dressing room? It makes no sense. It just makes. No. Sense.

Don't lie. If you had just won the Art Ross last season, named team captain and led your team in points this season, you wouldn't even be slightly pissed off that YOUR OWN GM left you off the Olympic team?

Yeah but it wasn't just Yzerman making the decisions. Maybe the rest of the coaching staff and management didn't want St.Louis on the team.

I think it would have been worse if Yzerman put St.Louis on the team just because he's the GM of Tampa.

Either way it worked out for them in the end

Even if St. Louis was less than 30 years old, let's be serious here...Mike Gillis wouldnt get him. The thing with Gillis is, I have never seen a GM struggle via trade to acquire a top 6 forward more than Gillis. I've honestly already lost my patience with Gillis and his inability to make that "big" trade that actually benefits our team, the schneider trade doesn't count considering a goalie HAD to be dealt.

He also chose it in 2010. No St. Louis then. No trade rumour then either. None of this makes sense. So why not lump all the snubs into a trade request basket and call it an evening.

I don't believe that Stevie Y was the GM for the Bolts yet in 2010. St. Louis would have no reason to feel animosity to the Bolts organization as a result.

Not saying it's true, but it's something to consider.

perhaps Yzerman lied to st louis pre roster decisions.

perhaps their relationship hasnt been strong since 2010

perhaps lots of factors

Either way its just a rumour, and most likley started because Nash and St Louis always look so dangerous when put together, makes for a good rumour to NYR,

Archived