The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Report : Bolland in play?

insomniac604

Article : http://prohockeytalk...partner=ya5nbcs

Video : http://www.tsn.ca/vi...=72&show=297167

The Toronto Maple Leafs have given Dave Bollandrave reviews in his short time with the team – at least in rare moments of health – but retaining his services might prove too costly.

TSN’s Darren Dreger reports that Bolland is looking for $5 million per year (maybe more) in a contract extension while the Leafs are leaning more toward the $4 million range, as Dreger compares the “difficult” negotiations to the talks they went through with Tyler Bozak. Such an asking price might just prompt a trade.

I am a big fan of Bolland. He did well in Chicago with a limited role. In Toronto (when healthy) he has stepped up to the challenge. I would not mind paying for a few years of his service. He has the Tortorella grit. Toronto could bump up Clarkson to replace him.

However, he is not worth Edler unless they offer a substantial pick/prospect. I would set up a Stanton or Tanev trade.

A massive splash would be Bolland + Gardiner for Edler+ (maybe Gaunce, Schroeder, Kassian or picks)

If he remains unsigned into UFA I would be ok with 5m short-term. He can play centre and wing, making a suitable 3rd line upgrade until Santo is healthy.

Thoughts?

Bolland a 3rd line centre gonna try to cash in.

Reports say he wants north of $5 mill and that's top 6 money lol. He does do it all and I would love him, so would any team, but at that price...a team will go money wild on free agency and give it blindly and regret it later.

Yeah I've heard a lot of reports here in Toronto saying they'd like to sign him, but the club is looking at trading him too.

He was extremely solid before his injury.

just early on, before bolland went down, he brought a winning attitude to the leafs locker room and they had that hot start, when some people (not naming names... cdc) said that because boston eliminated them from the playoffs they'd finish last again lol i think he even led the team in scoring or something. while lots of people hated the guy, i loved him since his hawks days, where everyone wanted his head-- i wanted him on this team

This is what happens when you get a reputation for doling out ridiculous contracts.

Exactly this. Then people ask why don't the Nucks overpay for a Vanek and blah blah, well it's because we have a cap structure unlike some teams *cough cough Toronto*....if Clarkson is getting $5 mill plus and I'm Bolland, why shouldn't I be aiming be aiming for that much too?

i agree, but we're part of a site of people who rag on burrows for not producing enough to warrant his salary. i'm sure the 5m asking price is for him to get out of TO

I'm grateful for all that Bolland did for the Blackhawks. I hope he gets his big pay day, but if he wants $5 million it will only be on teams like the Oilers or Islanders.

Bolland has been pretty Salo-esque (read: fragile) for a few years now.

I don't see too many teams lining up to pay him 5 to play half-seasons.

I think this is More like the Burrows trade rumors before he signed his last deal - leverage. Bolland is an Ontario boy, who loves playing for the Leafs. This could just be a that to incite him to sign by the deadline.

Archived