#1 TheRussianRocket™

TheRussianRocket™

Cheers Geoff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,922 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 09:43 AM

http://www.sportsnet...n-7-or-8-years/

Dave Bolland has played just 15 games in a Toronto Maple Leafs uniform, yet the pending unrestricted free agent is seeking a new seven or eight-year deal from the club, according to Sportsnet’s Nick Kypreos.

The total salary the 27-year-old Bolland is seeking over that term could exceed $40 million.

@RealKyper:
Bolland seeking 7 or 8 yr #Leafs exten' that could max out over 40m. Is he worth it? Tune into HC @ noon for the latest. FAN590 @Sportsnet
4:59 AM - 26 Feb 2014

Bolland’s current contract, which expires on July 1, carries a $3.375 million cap hit. The Leafs acquired the centre from the Chicago Blackhawks in exchange for the No. 51 and No. 117 picks in the 2013 draft, and the Leafs’ fourth-round pick in 2014.

A native of Mimico, Ont., Bolland quickly became a favourite of Leafs head coach Randy Carlyle. In addition to killing penalties, he scored six goals with four assists through 15 games this season before suffering a lacerated ankle tendon on Nov. 2 against the Vancouver Canucks.

Bolland is expected to return to the lineup soon, but his status is uncertain for the Leafs’ next game, which takes place Thursday in Long Island against the Islanders.

Looool, this is hilarious! That's what you get Leafs/Nonis when you don't have a team cap structure. Throw around money like it's candy well, this is the after effect. Giving Clarkson - a 3rd liner - all that wasn't good enough, makes sense other players would want to cash in too according to Clarkson. Phaneuf wants a ton, Bolland does too...good days for the Leafs. Made the playoffs once in a shortened season and messed up what could've been of a solid retool.

SteveYzermanSig.jpg

#2 Xbox

Xbox

Formerly Lups

• Members
  • 8,936 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 09:48 AM

"made the playoffs in a shortened season" True, but we've been in a playoff spot all year. That's more than I can say about Vancouver. As for Bolland, I don't blame him for wanting that for reasons you stated. Clarkson....... I hate him so much. He's like our Burrows.

I wouldn't mind 5m x 3 or 4m x 8. But that's insane for a 3rd liner to ask for that much term and $$$. I doubt he'd be seeking that if we didn't have Clarkson.

At the moment, that's the worst contract in the NHL. (Burrows is up there).

Edited by Joffrey Lupul, 26 February 2014 - 09:49 AM.

2yo50sh.jpg

small.pngGM - STHS                                  Sig Cred to -Vintage Canuck-

#3 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,076 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 09:50 AM

LOL

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#4 Squeak

Squeak

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,720 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 09:51 AM

But....But....But..... I thought he was excited to be playing so close to home?

Edited by Squeak, 26 February 2014 - 09:51 AM.

Posted Image

#5 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,956 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 09:55 AM

This couldn't have gone in the other Bolland rumour thread?

Report : Bolland in play?

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

If this team lets go of Sang he will burn this team next year. 

#6 timberz21

timberz21

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,146 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 09:56 AM

I know this makes absolutely no sense, but when you look at it from Bolland's perspective, compared to Clarkson

Bolland 120 less games
Bolland 2 less pts
Bolland 25 less goals (but same GPG average)

Bolland 2 years younger.
Bolland 2 Stanley Cup

Toronto just signed Clarkson to 7 years @ 5.25 cap hit. Why would Bolland ask the leaf less than Clarkson's, based on those stats ????

Edited by timberz21, 26 February 2014 - 09:58 AM.

#7 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 23,956 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 10:02 AM

So he's going to ask the Leafs for one thing just because they were stupid enough to sign Clarkson, but then only ask other teams for a reasonable amount when he can't sign with the Leafs?

You're right, it makes no sense.

Edited by elvis15, 26 February 2014 - 10:02 AM.

#8 Baka

Baka

ばか

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,008 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 10:29 AM

People seem shocked and appalled that another human being wants money for whatever odd reason.

The cap has gone up and players are signing bigger and bigger contracts each passing year. It will go up again this offseason and we will see many more large contracts that seem odd.

These are negotiations though. Keep in mind most players will ask for an amount even higher than they expect to get and the team or teams will make counter offers. His goal likely isn't that high or long. But if his agent sells it well and gets one team to cave then more power to him.

Posted Image

#9 Aladeen

Aladeen

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,981 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 10:35 AM

POPULAR

That's more than I can say about Vancouver.

He's like our Burrows.

(Burrows is up there).

What the hell is with the random attack on Vancouver? I have no problem with the Leafs and I generally find that you are pretty level headed when it comes to your comments on this board, but that is just plain trolling.

If you want to start talking about playoff spots lets factor in the last decade and your post is starting to look more and more like garbage.

Then you take a couple of shots at Burrows? for what purpose? to illicit a response from Canuck fans? what the hell does Burrows have to do with the money Bolland is looking for? You hate Clarkson cause he is like the Leaf's Burrows?

Obviously you have no idea what Burrows has done for this organization, during his prime years Burrows was being paid about a half of what he was worth because he is a team player.

Clarkson only signed with TO because the drove truck loads of money to his front door. Nevermind the fact that he was raised there you'd think he may have taken less than market value.

Yes Burrows might not be performing to his level but he has something Clarkson will never have and that is heart and loyalty. To compare the two is pathetic and ignorant and coming from a place with absolutely no knowledge of what Burrows has brought to this team.

Hey here's a crazy idea, if you're going to post on Canucks forums why don't you actually watch a few Canuck games outside of when they play TO... might give you a frame or reference before you post whatever ignorance spews from your fingertips.

Why do you even come to these boards? TO doesn't have any good fourms for you to bash the Canucks on?
Posted Image

#10 Kanucklehead10

Kanucklehead10

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 10:55 AM

POPULAR

@Joffrey Lupul

Another Leafs fan on a Canucks board? LOL. What's with this? you just getting ready to jump the Canuck bandwagon when your team struggles?

Clarkson is like your Burrows? Obviously you don't know crap about what Burrows has done and means to this team. Typical leaf fan.

Burrows is much more to this team than Clarkson is to any team. He blocks shots, emotional leader, scores clutch goals (game 7 vs Chicago), and has scored more than 20 goals more times than Clarkson had in his career. Yet Clarkson gets paid more. Clarkson isn't even in the same ballpark as Burrows so don't even compare them. Also, look at the past decade when comparing the leafs to the canucks. For your sake, hopefully the leafs don't choke again in the playoffs after being up by 3 goals in the last half of the third period.

#11 Warhippy

Warhippy

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,663 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 10:56 AM

Ya know. A 27 year old 2 time cup winner the guy who scored the cup winning goal at $5 million a year in 3-4 years will look like a frigging bargain for that club in ways that Clarkson will never achieve

He is a solid player on every level, young fast agitating and capable of putting up decent numbers all while being a stud playoff performer.

If Burrows at his age is worth over $4 million a year damned rights in 4 years Bolland is worth $5 million
CIaude Giroux Posted 27 June 2014 - 04:15 PM

He's out for 6 months (which will hinder his development) and he really needs that development. There's already worries that he won't translate to the NHL and he'll end up a huge ass bust.

#12 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 35,509 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 10:58 AM

"made the playoffs in a shortened season" True, but we've been in a playoff spot all year. That's more than I can say about Vancouver. As for Bolland, I don't blame him for wanting that for reasons you stated. Clarkson....... I hate him so much. He's like our Burrows.

I wouldn't mind 5m x 3 or 4m x 8. But that's insane for a 3rd liner to ask for that much term and $$$. I doubt he'd be seeking that if we didn't have Clarkson.

QUIT REMINDING US ABOUT THE TRUTH YOU TROLL!

lol

comeundone.gif

#13 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 35,509 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 11:01 AM

8yr term is insane for a clearly injury prone 3rd line guy with his best years probably behind him. At least Ladd and Buff are solid players.

Bolland may be a rat, but he is smart. Testing UFA waters will land him crazy money this off-season.

comeundone.gif

#14 Aladeen

Aladeen

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,981 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 11:10 AM

QUIT REMINDING US ABOUT THE TRUTH YOU TROLL!

lol

Hmmm... that's interesting that everything he says is the Truth... I guess why let facts stand in the way of a good Canuck Bashing:

we've been in a playoff spot all year.

http://www.pensionpl...se-playoff-spot
Posted Image

#15 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 35,509 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 11:13 AM

Hmmm... that's interesting that everything he says is the Truth... I guess why let facts stand in the way of a good Canuck Bashing:

Referring to the Burrows contract currently being horrible.

I certainly hope that vision-blocker comes off and he finally starts finding the back of the net.

comeundone.gif

#16 Tangerines

Tangerines

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 11:15 AM

Do you think half of the team being injured at some point ar another had something to do with it?

#17 Aladeen

Aladeen

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,981 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 11:17 AM

POPULAR

Referring to the Burrows contract currently being horrible.

I certainly hope that vision-blocker comes off and he finally starts finding the back of the net.

When a team is losing everyone's contract looks horrible.
Posted Image

#18 Hunter.S-Kerouac

Hunter.S-Kerouac

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,130 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 11:18 AM

worth its own thread imo.

#19 coryberg

coryberg

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,144 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 11:20 AM

Clarkson-bolland-kulemin

13 million dollar 3rd line

#20 TheRussianRocket™

TheRussianRocket™

Cheers Geoff

• Members
  • 9,922 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 11:24 AM

Sorry mod and honestly no...that's a trade thread, this is a contract one and different.

SteveYzermanSig.jpg

#21 rawkdrummer

rawkdrummer

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,297 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 11:25 AM

Whats funny to me is there's Canuck fans who think we should trade for him!
I understand the need for some change here but c'mon, Bolland?

I keep saying it, we need a top 6 (scoring) forward.

#22 YEGCanuck

YEGCanuck

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 11:51 AM

The real pathetic thing about this scenario is, Bolland, like most players going for the big bucks, is bound to say, it is not about the money.

#23 Coconuts

Coconuts

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,848 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 12:03 PM

Comparing Clarkson to Burrows is ridiculous. Clarkson makes more, and has a worse resume to his name. Not only does Burrows have a better scoring reputation, but he's a tenacious defender who plays with a ton of heart. If not for his poor injury luck this year and the bit with his vision being blocked he'd probably have been putting up decent numbers. Then there's the matter of the abysmal powerplay and the team not being able to play to it's potential because of the injuries we've sustained. Burrows looks like an anchor this season, but he's not nearly the anchor Clarkson is. If he returns to scoring once the vision-blocker comes off, even if it's not at the level he's scored at in the past, he won't look like the anchor he appears to be.

But we'll see.

As for Bolland and his asking price, with the cap going up this is probably gonna be the normal thing. Players are gonna want more, particularly in Toronto because of the money the Leafs threw at Clarkson. He's won his cups, why not cash in. I don't see him being worth that, as I don't see him getting any better than he already is, but it's probably just a negotiating tactic and he'll get less term and money if he does re-sign. I hope he gets it though.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

#24 Tre Mac

Tre Mac

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,844 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 03:45 PM

Bolland got a SC ring playing for a GM not idiotic enough to dish out $5mil for a 3rd line center.

#25 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 23,956 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 04:03 PM

Sorry mod and honestly no...that's a trade thread, this is a contract one and different.

You must have missed in the OP where the Leafs are considering trading for him since he's asking for around $5M per year.

#26 Me_

Me_

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,865 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 05:18 PM

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/nhl-trades/toronto-maple-leafs-dave-bolland-seeks-long-term-extension-7-or-8-years/

Looool, this is hilarious! That's what you get Leafs/Nonis when you don't have a team cap structure. Throw around money like it's candy well, this is the after effect. Giving Clarkson - a 3rd liner - all that wasn't good enough, makes sense other players would want to cash in too according to Clarkson. Phaneuf wants a ton, Bolland does too...good days for the Leafs. Made the playoffs once in a shortened season and messed up what could've been of a solid retool.

Bolland just signed his ticket out of town.

I would gladly welcome him as a Vancouver Canucks for $5.000/yr/5yrs.

Edited by Me_, 27 February 2014 - 07:41 AM.

LUCIC - HORVAT - KASSIAN

D. SEDIN - H. SEDIN - BURROWS

#27 cadillaccts

cadillaccts

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 05:22 PM

He will get that during free agency.

#28 playboi19

playboi19

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,598 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 05:31 PM

Well if Ken Holland thought Weiss was worth 4.5M for 5 years, Bolland is worth around 7M in comparison.

#29 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,076 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 05:34 PM

Holland just signed his ticket out of town.

I would gladly welcome him as a Vancouver Canucks for $5.000/yr/5yrs.

And that's why I'm grateful you aren't our GM.

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#30 Newsflash

Newsflash

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,436 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 06:04 PM

Clarkson....... I hate him so much. He's like our Burrows.

Nah. He's more like your Linden. amiright? Or Smyl? Or Ronning? Hell, why don't you compare him to our mothers while you're at it?

Our mothers are literally David Clarkson.

Buddy I called this EXACT situtation on here two years ago and was flamed, so I guess I have a bit of hockey knowledge, not to mention the 4 years I played in the OHL idiot.

The conspiracy theories that used to be against Lateralus:
Puberty, life, movie theaters, movie theaters that frown upon you pulling it out, movie theaters that frown upon you pulling it out during a children's movie, Toy Story 3, Pixar, who ever decided to make Woody so damn attractive, a job, his mothers basement, being 40, being 40 five years ago, dogs who can out run him, all dogs, the Olympic committee, Truth, Fact, Honesty, Logic, Newsflash, a father figure who was there to see him learn to ride his first bike, bikes,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.