The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Bolland asking Leafs for 8 year deal worth $40+ mill

Comparing Clarkson to Burrows is ridiculous. Clarkson makes more, and has a worse resume to his name. Not only does Burrows have a better scoring reputation, but he's a tenacious defender who plays with a ton of heart. If not for his poor injury luck this year and the bit with his vision being blocked he'd probably have been putting up decent numbers. Then there's the matter of the abysmal powerplay and the team not being able to play to it's potential because of the injuries we've sustained. Burrows looks like an anchor this season, but he's not nearly the anchor Clarkson is. If he returns to scoring once the vision-blocker comes off, even if it's not at the level he's scored at in the past, he won't look like the anchor he appears to be.

But we'll see.

As for Bolland and his asking price, with the cap going up this is probably gonna be the normal thing. Players are gonna want more, particularly in Toronto because of the money the Leafs threw at Clarkson. He's won his cups, why not cash in. I don't see him being worth that, as I don't see him getting any better than he already is, but it's probably just a negotiating tactic and he'll get less term and money if he does re-sign. I hope he gets it though.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/nhl-trades/toronto-maple-leafs-dave-bolland-seeks-long-term-extension-7-or-8-years/

Looool, this is hilarious! That's what you get Leafs/Nonis when you don't have a team cap structure. Throw around money like it's candy well, this is the after effect. Giving Clarkson - a 3rd liner - all that wasn't good enough, makes sense other players would want to cash in too according to Clarkson. Phaneuf wants a ton, Bolland does too...good days for the Leafs. Made the playoffs once in a shortened season and messed up what could've been of a solid retool.

Bolland just signed his ticket out of town.

I would gladly welcome him as a Vancouver Canucks for $5.000/yr/5yrs.

Clarkson....... I hate him so much. He's like our Burrows.

At the moment, that's the worst contract in the NHL. (Burrows is up there).

Nah. He's more like your Linden. amiright? Or Smyl? Or Ronning? Hell, why don't you compare him to our mothers while you're at it?

Our mothers are literally David Clarkson.

If Clarkson knew how to backcheck and showed up every night he might be considered as good as Burrows this year...But he cant and never will

O and you guys better hope you have multiple prospects NHL ready your going to struggle otherwise next year

http://www.sportsnet...n-7-or-8-years/

Looool, this is hilarious! That's what you get Leafs/Nonis when you don't have a team cap structure. Throw around money like it's candy well, this is the after effect. Giving Clarkson - a 3rd liner - all that wasn't good enough, makes sense other players would want to cash in too according to Clarkson. Phaneuf wants a ton, Bolland does too...good days for the Leafs. Made the playoffs once in a shortened season and messed up what could've been of a solid retool.

Don't know the exact rule, but as the Leafs did not draft Bolland I believe they can only sign him to a 7 year contract. Thus that would make Kypreos's contact a little suspect.

Don't know the exact rule, but as the Leafs did not draft Bolland I believe they can only sign him to a 7 year contract. Thus that would make Kypreos's contact a little suspect.

The 8 year rule applies to teams re-signing their players, they didn't necessarily have to draft them. If a player is moving from team to team the limit is 7 years.

If Clarkson knew how to backcheck and showed up every night he might be considered as good as Burrows this year...But he cant and never will

O and you guys better hope you have multiple prospects NHL ready your going to struggle otherwise next year

Oh shoot.

Well good thing it's Connor Mcdavid year. :bigblush:

"made the playoffs in a shortened season" True, but we've been in a playoff spot all year. That's more than I can say about Vancouver. As for Bolland, I don't blame him for wanting that for reasons you stated. Clarkson....... I hate him so much. He's like our Burrows.

I wouldn't mind 5m x 3 or 4m x 8. But that's insane for a 3rd liner to ask for that much term and $$$. I doubt he'd be seeking that if we didn't have Clarkson.

Burrow contract isn't that bad bro.. Sure he's having an awful season but look at the team. Why don't u stay in ur fancy Toronto maple leaf forum. Don't you know burrow got paid more this contract after signing a 4 yr 8 mil contract before

This one.

Joffrey Lupul, on 26 February 2014 - 09:48 AM, said:

"made the playoffs in a shortened season" True, but we've been in a playoff spot all year. That's more than I can say about Vancouver. As for Bolland, I don't blame him for wanting that for reasons you stated. Clarkson....... I hate him so much. He's like our Burrows.

I wouldn't mind 5m x 3 or 4m x 8. But that's insane for a 3rd liner to ask for that much term and $$$. I doubt he'd be seeking that if we didn't have Clarkson.

a trolls says what.

Clarkson easily the worst contract in pro sports. Nonis the only gm willing to pay Bolland the kind of money he wants since he gave it to clarkson and thinks he won something. nonis strategy in negotiation just pay the UFA what he wants and call it a win.the fact bolland has said what it will take to resign him just made his value drop to near nothing.

leafs are in a play off spot and they made the playoffs last season after a decade of being terrible your team is now a fringe average team in the east wow, you better start posting on other boards.

is you do know what they say about a dogs --- and sunsine.

Archived