The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikushkin would be 4th in scoring on the Canucks

NucksCup2015

And tied with Daniel Sedin in goalscoring.

Another failure by MG. Do not get me wrong I am by no means suggesting Horvat is a bust or sucks but lets think about this for a second. I know there are other threads but this thread is more about the fact MG needs to be fired and this as yet another example.

1. Horvat and Nik, both big players with skill no doubt

2. One can safely argue, Nik's upper end / ceiling is much higher than Horvat's skill wise

3. Horvat is a quintessential Canadian, and certainly the kind of player that can help you win a cup (think Brind'Amour).

4. BUT this does not mean that Nikushkin doesn't have those intangibles either, in fact his scouting reports suggested he did/does

5. The Nucks needed youth and elite scoring talent now - Nik is in the NHL, Horvat is still in Junior

when you add it up....MG made the wrong decision. We can never predict the long term so drafting simply on that is like rolling dice.

Short term Nikushkin is better, long term we have no clue so is a wash, and when I look at the 2014 Vancouver Canucks, I fail to see how this team could not have used Valeri Nikushkin, on the second line, on the pp and in the shootouts.

Instead, Mr play is safe failed, MG needs to go.

Is it just me or does anyone else think the mods should just suspend the next person to bring up drafting Nicushkin and that we should collectively knock on their door force a swirly on them while wearing pink anti bullying shorts and take away their computers until such time as they just stop?

Doesnt he play with Benn and Seguin who are having their best seasons ever?

Kesler aint having a bad year, and maybe he would have had chemistry with the twins...you can make all the excuses you want but the simple fact remains

he is in the NHL has 13 goals/tied with Sedin, had a very slow start so is actually scoring on a better pace if you ignore that adjustment period and has 30 pts

meanwhile horvat is in junior....those are simply facts....if we couldn't use 13 goals and 30 pts not sure what games you're watching

you mad? you take the time from your life to read then bitch, your life must really suck kid

Let's see.

I took a moment to post why this redundant topic annoys most of us along the same line as

OMGZ MUZZ DRATFZ KOPITARZZZZ

While you, 7 months later draft yet another omg Nicushkin thread.

Who needs the life? The person sick of endless threads of this nature, or the person who is still going to be obsessing over this matter in 5 years time?/

Also when you read the rules "kid" you'll realize language like that is prohibited.. That is unless you were unable to read it due to the high volume of Nicushkin fan boy photos clogging up your desk area.

Let's see.

I took a moment to post why this redundant topic annoys most of us along the same line as

OMGZ MUZZ DRATFZ KOPITARZZZZ

While you, 7 months later draft yet another omg Nicushkin thread.

Who needs the life? The person sick of endless threads of this nature, or the person who is still going to be obsessing over this matter in 5 years time>>

go ask mommy for your cookie kid, your type 1 fatty diabetes/low blood sugar is making you angry

Dallas has more points than Vancouver kid...umm they are a better team lol

failure in logic

No failure in logic start of the season it was unknown when the choice was made so that's irrelevant...Still wouldent be in the NHL if drafted by us...When was the last time a player we drafted made the team right away?

Archived