The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikushkin would be 4th in scoring on the Canucks

NucksCup2015

endlessly...non stop endlessly by angry teenagers who will yell at their keyboards when people point out how old redundant and useless the topic is.

you've spent 20 minutes of your clearly useless life

1. reading a post that you apparently always bothers you when you read it

2. constantly commenting on it

3. reading other people's responses

yet you say such posts are a waste of time, and you caps lock comments in anger and yet call others adolescents

interesting something doesn't quite add up with your actions and comments...just a bit incongruent... lol

i take it back, i'd put your age at about 14

Dallas has more points than Vancouver kid...umm they are a better team lol

failure in logic

A bigger failure in logic is to assume that you would get the same results in a different situation. Much like those that think Raymond would have an equal season here as he has had in Toronto. Maybe see how Horvat plays out before you write him off as a fail pick.

And don;t play the "he didn't make the team" card. He's being developed instead of rushed, it's not a reflection of his ceiling.

They are both great players and they both provide something different. Nicushkin is a great, but Horvat is a winger with size and he plays with heart and god knows the team can use some of that right now. Gillis traded a franchise goalie for the pick, why would he gamble on the biggest wild card in the draft? If Nicushkin played for the canucks, he wouldn't have players like Benn and Seguin to feed him.

Do some research, clear your head and stop bashing others.

You're acting like an immature 10 year old with no knowledge of that game. Grow up

A bigger failure in logic is to assume that you would get the same results in a different situation. Much like those that think Raymond would have an equal season here as he has had in Toronto. Maybe see how Horvat plays out before you write him off as a fail pick.

And don;t play the "he didn't make the team" card. He's being developed instead of rushed, it's not a reflection of his ceiling.

please read my post I explicitly stated that I am not saying Horvat is a bust, please read it thanks

Nichushkin is a hell of a player, I thought it was dumb not to draft him as it addressed a huge franchise need.

Not saying Horvat was a bad pick, way too early to tell who the better player will be but it didn't make sense at the time and still doesn't now.

They are both great players and they both provide something different. Nicushkin is a great, but Horvat is a winger with size and he plays with heart and god knows the team can use some of that right now. Gillis traded a franchise goalie for the pick, why would he gamble on the biggest wild card in the draft? If Nicushkin played for the canucks, he wouldn't have players like Benn and Seguin to feed him.

Do some research, clear your head and stop bashing others.

You're acting like an immature 10 year old with no knowledge of that game. Grow up

Henrik is better than either of those two players and Kesler and Benn are pretty close

Time to get some outside hobbies.

I am thinking that is a good idea.

let OP yell at his monitor and rail to his endless Valeri Nicushkin photos telling them "it will all be ok"

And maybe feed the birds some of the old inner rolls I have kicking around.

Solid plan my man

I am thinking that is a good idea.

let OP yell at his monitor and rail to his endless Valeri Nicushkin photos telling them "it will all be ok"

And maybe feed the birds some of the old inner rolls I have kicking around.

Solid plan my man

wow you've now spent 40 mins of your life posting on a useless topic

that makes sense

then again i suppose if you have no life it does

Nichushkin is a hell of a player, I thought it was dumb not to draft him as it addressed a huge franchise need.

Not saying Horvat was a bad pick, way too early to tell who the better player will be but it didn't make sense at the time and still doesn't now.

Now THIS is how you debate.

Totally agree with you. We needed a big strong RW. He fit that bill.

Now looking at the state of the team as it stands and the past 2 seasons I can say that if Horvat can reach his potential ceiling we drafted the right player as Nicushkin would have been a great draft pick but only would have served to mask the pre-existing issues of this team.

Moving forward with Nicushkin would have been maintaining the status quo

Moving forward with Horvat like we are could necessitate the changes this team needs to be competitive on an elite level in the future if the correct moves/trades/draft picks are made

wow you've now spent 40 mins of your life posting on a useless topic

that makes sense

then again i suppose if you have no life it does

You've spent an equal amount of time arguing with him.

By the way, this wasn't even posted 40 minutes ago.

And tied with Daniel Sedin in goalscoring.

Another failure by MG. Do not get me wrong I am by no means suggesting Horvat is a bust or sucks but lets think about this for a second. I know there are other threads but this thread is more about the fact MG needs to be fired and this as yet another example.

1. Horvat and Nik, both big players with skill no doubt

2. One can safely argue, Nik's upper end / ceiling is much higher than Horvat's skill wise

3. Horvat is a quintessential Canadian, and certainly the kind of player that can help you win a cup (think Brind'Amour).

4. BUT this does not mean that Nikushkin doesn't have those intangibles either, in fact his scouting reports suggested he did/does

5. The Nucks needed youth and elite scoring talent now - Nik is in the NHL, Horvat is still in Junior

when you add it up....MG made the wrong decision. We can never predict the long term so drafting simply on that is like rolling dice.

Short term Nikushkin is better, long term we have no clue so is a wash, and when I look at the 2014 Vancouver Canucks, I fail to see how this team could not have used Valeri Nikushkin, on the second line, on the pp and in the shootouts.

Instead, Mr play is safe failed, MG needs to go.

If Nichushkin were a Canucks, he would have been burried in the minors. See Horvat and Shinkaruk.

Archived