The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikushkin would be 4th in scoring on the Canucks

NucksCup2015

Now THIS is how you debate.

Totally agree with you. We needed a big strong RW. He fit that bill.

Now looking at the state of the team as it stands and the past 2 seasons I can say that if Horvat can reach his potential ceiling we drafted the right player as Nicushkin would have been a great draft pick but only would have served to mask the pre-existing issues of this team.

Moving forward with Nicushkin would have been maintaining the status quo

Moving forward with Horvat like we are could necessitate the changes this team needs to be competitive on an elite level in the future if the correct moves/trades/draft picks are made

your post makes zero sense lol

1. The post you respond to said we should have drafted Nik..you say this is right then say it masks problems

2. Drafting an offensively talented high end player with size masks issues? lol..it addresses them.

3. Nik is status quo? Again, having 13 goals and 30 pts in our lineup with elite level hands and skating is the status quo?

:picard:

At least I now know you have the logic of a stale peanut

Now THIS is how you debate.

Totally agree with you. We needed a big strong RW. He fit that bill.

Now looking at the state of the team as it stands and the past 2 seasons I can say that if Horvat can reach his potential ceiling we drafted the right player as Nicushkin would have been a great draft pick but only would have served to mask the pre-existing issues of this team.

Moving forward with Nicushkin would have been maintaining the status quo

Moving forward with Horvat like we are could necessitate the changes this team needs to be competitive on an elite level in the future if the correct moves/trades/draft picks are made

I feel like you're assuming Nichushkin won't develop past what he's already accomplished but Horvat will take leaps and bounds over the next few years.

If Nichushkin was from somewhere in Ontario I firmly believe he gets taken in the top 3, he's such a dynamic player.

your post makes zero sense lol

1. The post you respond to said we should have drafted Nik..you say this is right then say it masks problems

2. Drafting an offensively talented high end player with size masks issues? lol..it addresses them.

3. Nik is status quo? Again, having 13 goals and 30 pts in our lineup with elite level hands and skating is the status quo?

:picard:

WHY DO YOU CALL HIM NIK.

I feel like you're assuming Nichushkin won't develop past what he's already accomplished but Horvat will take leaps and bounds over the next few years.

If Nichushkin was from somewhere in Ontario I firmly believe he gets taken in the top 3, he's such a dynamic player.

I am not saying that at all.

What i am saying is Horvat has the potential to be the better complete player. moving ahead with a rebuild makes Horvat a more attractive option (towes/bergeron comparisons) than Nicushkin

As, against peoples best wishes this club needs a rebuild. And as such yes. I do believe that while Nicushkin would be the better right now player, Horvat will be the player we need in 3-4 years time after this core has been properly purged

It's really like the Toews vs Crosby argument. Both are great players, but it's hard to compare them when they both bring something completely different to the table.

the difference is, as one poster mentioned, Nikushkin is showing he can play at a high level in the NHL (ie as a rookie with that pace he'll be in consideration for rookie of the year)...

Horvat, is still in Junior and sure has potential written all over him, but again, the POINT of this post was Nikushkin was clearly the better player as he is IN the NHL and playing and playing very well and all we have on Horvat is hope. They are both the same age so no one knows about the future

Point being Canucks fans keep saying Horvat will be this or that based on POTENTIAL, Nikushkin is PROVING right now he can play and if you look at the 2014 Canucks we sure as hell could have used a kid who could play now and be part of the future, isn't that what people want in a Kesler deal?

big difference.

It's really like the Toews vs Crosby argument. Both are great players, but it's hard to compare them when they both bring something completely different to the table.

It's not hard to compare those two at all. Both are great players, but Crosby is better................You put everyone in the NHL into a pool and all the teams start drafting again, guess who goes # 1..........Sid.

Archived