The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Brodeur has waived NTC

Drouin

NHLEXPERTPICKS.COM@NHLexpertpicks 7m

Martin Brodeur has reportedly waived his no trade clause. #NJDevils

Alex Rosen ‏@AlexRosenPOTP 10m

There are reports that Martin Brodeur has waived his no-trade clause.

Chris Nichols@NicholsOnHockey 1h

Two sources tell @TGfireandice that #mnwild have inquired about Martin Brodeur as potential insurance in net. #NJDevils #NHLTradeDeadline

He should just retire already. I hate it when franchise players leave like this unless they have no cups. He has already accomplished a lot.

probably is after this season and figures if he can help the team get a draft pick to help the future it will be worth it even if he leaves this season i bet as soon as he retires he is offered some sort of job in the NJ org.

Anyone who trades for him will deeply regret it. Brodeur's career was over at least 4 years ago and he has had no name goalies come in and post better stats than him as back ups. He has been completely sheltered by the Devils system. This year he has a .900 save percentage and yet he plays on the team that averages the fewest shots against in the entire NHL and the lowest PIMs per game.

I can barely remember the last time Brodeur worried me. When my team faces the Devils my concern is with them generating scoring chances. That's why Schneider has a 1.85 GAA. A true high talent goalie should be killing it in that system.

Archived