The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Treat our players with respect, trade them all.

Short and sweet here, MG and Tortorella are the worst duo in the league, with no real hockey knowledge, whether it be building a roster, or playing that roster to its strengths. At this point, I am saddened to watch my beloved Canucks play under these two imbeciles. As a die-hard Canucks fan I would like nothing more than to see the following players be moved...like tomorrow:

Ryan Kesler

Alexandre Burrows

Roberto Luongo

Henrik and Daniel Sedin

Alexander Edler

Kevin Bieksa

These players have put their heart and soul into Vancouver and have been given nothing work with. They were given a new coach that has forced a style of play that everyone knows is the reason for their struggles. A good coach, a real coach- would play his roster to its strengths, not to his agenda. Notice AV's success in New York, everyone wanted him fired, he goes to NY, no one thinks he is going to do anything, and now they are second in their division and there is no team better since December 22nd. Playing to his strengths?

Just move the guys that deserve better and get on with it, if this is what Vancouver fans want, is a coach that blames everyone but himself and has more apologies for inappropriate comments this season than wins. A team thrives from their coaches ability to...well coach.

Either trade our players or fire our entire god damn management, including our useless coach.

Short and sweet here, MG and Tortorella are the worst duo in the league, with no real hockey knowledge, whether it be building a roster, or playing that roster to its strengths. At this point, I am saddened to watch my beloved Canucks play under these two imbeciles. As a die-hard Canucks fan I would like nothing more than to see the following players be moved...like tomorrow:

Ryan Kesler

Alexandre Burrows

Roberto Luongo

Henrik and Daniel Sedin

Alexander Edler

Kevin Bieksa

These players have put their heart and soul into Vancouver and have been given nothing work with. They were given a new coach that has forced a style of play that everyone knows is the reason for their struggles. A good coach, a real coach- would play his roster to its strengths, not to his agenda. Notice AV's success in New York, everyone wanted him fired, he goes to NY, no one thinks he is going to do anything, and now they are second in their division and there is no team better since December 22nd. Playing to his strengths?

Just move the guys that deserve better and get on with it, if this is what Vancouver fans want, is a coach that blames everyone but himself and has more apologies for inappropriate comments this season than wins. A team thrives from their coaches ability to...well coach.

Either trade our players or fire our entire god damn management, including our useless coach.

I couldn't agree more. These guys don't want to play for torts! Their effort is beyond useless. Most of these players are not having fun. We still have tons of talent but the players aren't happy. It's hard to play all out hockey for a guy that u don't think his style works for you. I've watched the nucks for over 30 yrs, and even when our team wasn't very good, we always played with heart(when messier came to town and linden was stripped of the C was another time that we seemed to not play with heart as well)

MG is the other problem. Terrible vision and decision making for the most part. U can tell that Kes and the twins are sick and tired of not getting any help. The whole Lu garbage. This organization is becoming a joke, and u can tell it's deflating the players

So many other reasons too but man as a true Nucks fan; this is hard to watch

OH NO WE ARE ALL GOING TO DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, despite how ridiculous that response was, the Canucks bank account is going to die eventually, as more people realize what a bunch of mistakes our GM, coach, and ownership have made.

You might try actually responding instead of pretending that you made someone laugh.

I couldn't agree more. These guys don't want to play for torts! Their effort is beyond useless. Most of these players are not having fun. We still have tons of talent but the players aren't happy. It's hard to play all out hockey for a guy that u don't think his style works for you. I've watched the nucks for over 30 yrs, and even when our team wasn't very good, we always played with heart(when messier came to town and linden was stripped of the C was another time that we seemed to not play with heart as well)

MG is the other problem. Terrible vision and decision making for the most part. U can tell that Kes and the twins are sick and tired of not getting any help. The whole Lu garbage. This organization is becoming a joke, and u can tell it's deflating the players

Absolutely, this organization is making a joke out of itself....for no reason, but if that is what they want, the guys with skill should be moved so they have a chance to win while we go through another self-discovery.

ya they dont want to play for a coach who wants effort and accountability, they want the country club back

ffs when will you children understand one thing. players are paid MILLIONS TO SHOW EFFORT AND BRING WHAT THEY HAVE EVERY GAME

THIS IS NOT A COACHES FAULT THIS IS A PLAYER ISSUE AND THE FACT THEY TUNED OUT AV AND NOW YOU'RE SAYING THEY HAVE TUNED OUT TORTS SHOULD TELL YOU ONE THING

WHAT IS THE COMMON PART OF THAT EQUATION? THE PLAYERS

STOP BEING AN APOLOGETIC PUCK BUNNY AND ACCEPT THE MAJORITY OF THIS TEAMS VETS ARE QUITTERS

WE SAW IT IN GAME 7 WE SAW IT TWO PLAYOFFS IN A ROW AND WE ARE SEEING IT NOW

TRADE THE DAMN BABIES AND RESET THIS TEAM NOW

For a real fan who is invested in the team (years of season tickets etc.), Torts is a disaster. This is not about players who don't try. This is about a coach who has made one mistake followed by another and just doesn't have the sense to realize it. That is scary. He actually thinks his analysis of the situation is correct. I have never scene such a high calibre team implode like this so quickly.

. It is emarrassing to list Torts' numerous blunders -- Kess on wing, split Sedins, chase Hartley into locker hopes Sweden wins to name a few. His post game comments tonight says it all. Given the same situation he would do it again. ThIs guy should have said. "Its on me I made the wrong call." He says to the press that Luongo understands, that he is a pro, that they talk all the time. Is he kidding? After what Lou has been through?

Folks who insist Torts just wants accountability and that it is the players fault are ignoring Torts history. (They are also throwing away one of the best hockey teams of the modern era). What happened to Torts in New York? He was booed by the fans when he returned with the Canucks earlier this year. You too will be booing Torts soon.

If the Canucks owners are foolish enough to keep Torts, I hope they will allow these players to go. The players deserve a shot.

But if the owners agree that Torts was a mistake, Monday morning is not too soon to fire him. Lets hope the owners care about their fans, about their players and about their franachise. Fire Torts now.

Archived