Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * * - - 10 votes

Not Starting Lou Classless & embarrassing to the Player and Organization another big black eye

• Please log in to reply
370 replies to this topic

#1 CrashCanuck

CrashCanuck

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 06:33 PM

POPULAR

I have been pretty happy with the moves Torts has made this year but not starting Louie in such an important game as you said was both classless and stupid. Twice this year you have started Lack over Louie in supposed big games both times we have lost. I have to ask what are you thinking.Lack is the backup whether we go 7 rounds in the shootout or has 2 back to back solid efforts. He is not your bread and butter guy. Now you've put Luongo in a very embarrassing spot that a veteran proven classy guy does not deserve to be. Again the Canuck organization has crap the bed with a classless move that will be the laugh of all the league. Good luck trying to get in the playoffs this last move will serve as the last straw for this team making to the post season.U guys might as well trade Kesler and give Luongo away and any other guys we have that have served us for so many years well. You continue to embarrass players publicly it is embarrassing to have an ownership group who treats its players as such. Come on Gillis Torts give your egos and heads a shake. I have been a Canuck fan since day one and this is almost as bad as the Bill Laforge and Mike Keenan eras. Disgusted long time fan

#2 Jaimito

Jaimito

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,880 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 06:38 PM

Plenty of people felt that way too. Hence the we want Lou chant at the game.
Posted Image

#3 Can125

Can125

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 06:42 PM

POPULAR

When I found out they were not playing Lu in the heritage game I shut the TV off. First game I refused to watch in about 2 yrs. Can't believe how they have treated one of their star players. Disgusting. Tort's is playing the same B.S that AV did....it's going to get him his walking papers. I have been a canucks fan for more than 20 yrs. I never thought I would say that I would be happy to see the canucks loose...I was today. Still shocked that they did that....I could understand if Lu had been playing bad but he hasen't....stop punishing the wrong player!!!!!!!!!!!

#4 BanTSN

BanTSN

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,026 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 06:43 PM

Surprised by Lack's start.

Not surprised from that being massively overblown by everyone.

Even less surprised by Eeeediot Friedman's biased boo-hoo-hoo wet rag comments.
Posted Image

#5 Can125

Can125

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 06:44 PM

TOTALLY AGREE!!!!!!

#6 Can125

Can125

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 06:47 PM

Agree with CrashCanuck 100%!!!!!!!!!!

#7 Tystick

Tystick

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,558 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 06:47 PM

I agree

It's unfortunate but I honestly can't see Luongo wanting to stay here after this.
Not just because of not getting the start and getting a sense of the backup role again, but I think this is just the final poke he will take.

I can't remember who mentioned it on CBC but I totally agree. Luongo is a push over, he's too nice. Why? Because he's a team guy and is willing to take the fall or take the crapty end of the stick for his team. But you know what, this has gone too far.

People argue he should just suck it up because Lack is the hotter goaltender right now, and even though that may be true, Luongo IS the starter and did deserve to play that game. Feeling trust and respect from his boss can be enough to make Luongo want to stay here and want to go to battle for management.

I can't believe it but this is starting to become the same crap again that happened with Schneider.

Luongo should always be considered the starter this season (especially since he was told by Gillis that he was at the start of the season), and if he has a bad game, THEN you give Lack one or two to get Luongo motivated, but the primary intention should always be to put Luongo in net.

It sucks, but I just can't see him wanting to be here after this season.

Sorry Luo, I hope you hoist the cup one day! You deserve it.

Edited by Tystick, 02 March 2014 - 06:48 PM.

Posted Image

#8 Dragonfruits

Dragonfruits

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,906 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 06:52 PM

Lack earned this start Luongo did not

just because Luongo somehow deserves this for having a rough time battling his back up in previous seasons for the net doesn't make it true

Luongo will play next game end of story but hey lets spin this into another poor Luongo story his feelings must be hurt

#9 VintageDz

VintageDz

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 06:54 PM

POPULAR

Plenty of people felt that way too. Hence the we want Lou chant at the game.

The chant were just a kick in the face to lack when he wasnt on his game. I agree with Elliot freedman's comment 100%, lack didnt deserve the treatment, it wasnt his call who starts the game.

Its a shame the coaching staff created a controversy bu starting lack, but the fans chanting against and mocking lack were just down right embarrassing...

Today is a sad day being a canucks fan, and i finally understand why ppl say the canucks fans are one of the most ignorant group of fans across the league

#10 Absent Canuck

Absent Canuck

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,711 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 06:56 PM

Getting pissed off because Torts started the guy he felt was the hotter hand is not going to get rid of the pain of how bad our hockey team is, which is the real reason why people are upset.

It would be a suspension of disbelief at this point that Luongo is willing to remain here but some of us knew this all along. Canucks know it and thus are not doing him any favors.

Another great sig by Vintage Canuck

#11 B00MER

B00MER

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 06:56 PM

I've said it before, but he doesn't want to be here so why should he get the heritage classic?

#12 VintageDz

VintageDz

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 06:59 PM

It sucks, but I just can't see him wanting to be here after this season.

Not just lu, i cant see any goalie wants to play in vancouver. Vancouver was a goalie grave yard, and it will go back being one, because we have an incompetent management with endless controversy, and most importantly, the ignorant cry baby fans

#13 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,924 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 07:02 PM

I've said it before, but he doesn't want to be here so why should he get the heritage classic?

Because they begged him to come back and told him he's their number 1 guy.. Why would he want to be here anyways?

Seems like a lot of players don't want to be here.

M. Schneider
Ballard
Hodgson
Lu
Now Kesler.... wonder who will be next.

m97o1w.jpg

Credit to Parise11

#14 Off_The_Schneid!

Off_The_Schneid!

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 07:04 PM

Luongo:
Asked for a trade
Said he was done with the city and team
Is a highly paid athlete

Who cares if he doesn't play one outdoor game
He gets paid for his services the coach and gm don't owe him anything just cuz he wants to play one game. Luongo is a winer. Demanded a trade when he lost the net the first time. How about suck it up and win the net back cut out all the tweeting and bs

#15 Kesheniel

Kesheniel

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,304 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 07:09 PM

This entire scenario shows exactly how overdramatic Canucks fans are. It's not a big deal. Lack was playing well, he got the start, we are fighting for a playoff spot. The little sideshow that is the Heritage Classic and this made up Luo drama is meaningless. Stop.

#16 Erebus

Erebus

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 07:09 PM

I agree, Luongo should have started, but I think the chanting is more of a black mark against the fans than starting Lack is for the organization. I can't even imagine how disheartening it was for Lack to hear "We want Lu" and "Lu" throughout the game, especially coming from the people who should be cheering for him.

#17 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,160 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 07:13 PM

just because Luongo somehow deserves this for having a rough time battling his back up in previous seasons for the net doesn't make it true
Luongo will play next game end of story but hey lets spin this into another poor Luongo story his feelings must be hurt

Not sure you noticed but the story went public.
It is not about which goaltender you think should start or your opinions.
It is about player management concerning the fact a pro has to publicly air his opinions outside the club to have them heard.

#18 soshified

soshified

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,357 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 07:14 PM

POPULAR

Luongo:
Asked for a trade
Said he was done with the city and team
Is a highly paid athlete

Who cares if he doesn't play one outdoor game
He gets paid for his services the coach and gm don't owe him anything just cuz he wants to play one game. Luongo is a winer. Demanded a trade when he lost the net the first time. How about suck it up and win the net back cut out all the tweeting and bs

Never asked for a trade.
Never said he was done with the team and city.
GMMG and Torts said he'll be the #1.
Luongo just dont want to play one game. He wants to play them all.
Lu came back and is still sitting on the bench.
Haven't played bad to lose the starting job.

He's been dealing with this since the end of 2011. And he has been sucking it up.

Posted Image

#19 sam13371337

sam13371337

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,830 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 07:17 PM

POPULAR

lu lovers with their sense of entitlement rating lu above the team... (apparently this attitude extends to lu judging by his response)

this Is a team game, All players have to contribute to the teams success..

if you get outplayed in your position by a teammate, and he gives the team a better chance to win... then he plays over you. Simple as that.

if lu doesn't like that, He should leave. Tired of his/his fanboys whining.

Lack earned that start on the back of spectacular play, and outplaying Lu up to that point. Torts didn't start lack because he's a "big meanie" who wants to act like a jerk
Fire MG

#20 EoH

EoH

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 07:18 PM

Since MG won't ask players to waive their Clauses, I guess you have to tick them off to the point they come to you and ask to waive it themselves.

Very strategic indeed MG, well done.

#21 ForsbergTheGreat

ForsbergTheGreat

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 07:19 PM

I'm not that upset about the goalie pick but if Torts is going to use the Lack has earned his ice time. Then why is Burrows on the 1st line PP. What has he done this year to earn that. If his motto is "I'm going to play the players who give me the best chance at winning" then he's needs to stick with that the whole way through the line up.

I'm sick of watching the sedin's and burrow play 18+ minutes and give half @$$ efforts. They screw up, constantly get out worked, only to get right back out there the next shift. At this points I'd rather have Dalpe on PP as long as he's out there giving it his all. I'd much rather cheer for a player working his but off trying to win, even he's not succeeding, then watch the twins show no emotion and do nothing on the ice.

Edited by ForsbergTheGreat, 02 March 2014 - 07:21 PM.

#22 Kesheniel

Kesheniel

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,304 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 07:23 PM

I'm not that upset about the goalie pick but if Torts is going to use the Lack has earned his ice time. Then why is Burrows on the 1st line PP. What has he done this year to earn that. If his motto is "I'm going to play the players who give me the best chance at winning" then he's needs to stick with that the whole way through the line up.

I'm sick of watching the sedin's and burrow play 18+ minutes and give half @$$ efforts. They screw up, constantly get out worked, only to get right back out there the next shift. At this points I'd rather have Dalpe on PP as long as he's out their giving it his all.

The Sedins havent been outplayed by other teammates though. Thats the reasoning. They are playing AWFUL and still first and second in points on the team. As for Burrows, there isn't really a better option than him on the first line that wouldnt mess up the second line.

#23 Off_The_Schneid!

Off_The_Schneid!

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 07:25 PM

Never asked for a trade.
Never said he was done with the team and city.
GMMG and Torts said he'll be the #1.
Luongo just dont want to play one game. He wants to play them all.
Lu came back and is still sitting on the bench.
Haven't played bad to lose the starting job.

He's been dealing with this since the end of 2011. And he has been sucking it up.

So u ignore the facts and pretend that you were in the room with gillis and Lou ?

#24 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,160 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 07:29 PM

Since MG won't ask players to waive their Clauses, I guess you have to tick them off to the point they come to you and ask to waive it themselves.
Very strategic indeed MG, well done.

Yes,and now very obvious to most mature hockey fans of the Canucks.
Gillis has been pushing on Luo for years now.
Aqua man will not eat Gillis' contract with Luo.
The only thing left is Gillis' two year debacle/side show/ineptitude in not trading him.
The Canucks will not waive Luo and Luo is still reporting to the Canucks to order to have some say in his next club of employment.
When a player starts making public pronouncements the way Luo has done -Kesler and now the Classic Game- there is a chasm in managing said player.
Luo is publicly slagging management and that can not be tolerated if it continues much longer.
Luo is publicly pronouncing the situation he finds himself in.
Gillis has done what he wanted to do for the club and now Luo is pushing to get out.
Kesler is apparently doing the same and I expect others to follow.

Edited by nuck nit, 02 March 2014 - 08:18 PM.

#25 ForsbergTheGreat

ForsbergTheGreat

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 07:33 PM

The Sedins havent been outplayed by other teammates though. Thats the reasoning. They are playing AWFUL and still first and second in points on the team. As for Burrows, there isn't really a better option than him on the first line that wouldnt mess up the second line.

Kassian is 5th on the team in goals yet has only seen minimal PP time. As off right now anything is a better option than nothing. Zero goals in last 20 games is unacceptable for first line no matter what your name is. They are playing AWFUL and still get the most ice time on the team, something doesn't add up, maybe it's time to give that opportunity else where.

Edited by ForsbergTheGreat, 02 March 2014 - 07:35 PM.

#26 xWCMx

xWCMx

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,102 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 07:33 PM

POPULAR

The chant were just a kick in the face to lack when he wasnt on his game. I agree with Elliot freedman's comment 100%, lack didnt deserve the treatment, it wasnt his call who starts the game.

Its a shame the coaching staff created a controversy bu starting lack, but the fans chanting against and mocking lack were just down right embarrassing...

Today is a sad day being a canucks fan, and i finally understand why ppl say the canucks fans are one of the most ignorant group of fans across the league

No. Seriously, just no. I was at the game and witnessed the Lu chants. I also had the chance to talk to 15+ people throughout the game afterwards, who all had the EXACT same sentiments towards it, which were - roughly - "I love Lack, he's an awesome backup for us and he's going to be great for years to come. But you don't just continually slap our allstat goaltender in the face for years and then expect to find yourself as a competitive franchise that can draw in big name players".

Face it, Vancouver as a sports city has had enough bad flack from the media these past years, and there is absolutely no reason to continue that. I can promise you, those chants were in NO way directed towards Eddie. They were a direct shot to the coaching staff and management. I think a lot of fans, after the prior Luongo fiascos, we're able to take a step back, look at how a player of his stature was treated, and realize just what we have and realize how terrible we were to such a great asset, and most of us don't want to go down that road again.

So please, don't even start on how the "crowd turned against Lack". Never happened.
Posted Image

Sig removed - inappropriate ^ how was this inappropriate?

#27 Fred65

Fred65

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,094 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 07:38 PM

I know in the land of never never, every one plays nice and the guy with the blue eyes and the white hat always get the pretty girl....but what has that to do with the position the Canucks find themselves in. This is not the case of Luongo playing bad but the case of Lack playing well amd when you're desperate for points to make the play-offs then you go with the hot goalie

#28 Kesheniel

Kesheniel

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,304 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 07:38 PM

Kassian is 5th on the team in goals yet has only seen minimal PP time. As off right now anything is a better option than nothing. Zero goals in last 20 games is unacceptable for first line no matter what your name is. They are playing AWFUL and still get the most ice time on the team, something doesn't add up, maybe it's time to give that opportunity else where.

I agree that Kassian deserves a shot on the first line. But there is no way the Sedins get taken off. They are so good that even blind folded and injured they still lead the team in points. They are our two best forwards and two best first line options, no doubt.

#29 combover

combover

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 07:42 PM

just another ploy by ownership to try to get louie pissed and walk away. therefore suspending him and not responsible for paying his contract while he sits at home. unfortunately i'm sure louie's onto them since he's alway smiling suggesting he just thinks about the millions he's being paid either on the bench or behind the most overrated over paid d core in the league.
i don't believe this decision came from torts or gillis this was Aquallini's medaling in hock op's just like they did when torts was hired.gillis simple a hand puppet with Aquallinis hand up his
this ownership group has had issues since day one no surprise there still is

disgraceful, this is how the best goaltender in franchise history gets treated i'm sure other star players will be lining up to play in vancouver when we treat them like this ....just terrible.

Edited by combover, 02 March 2014 - 07:47 PM.

my warn status is for calling it like i saw it with Dave the donut Nonis. apparently the owners agreed

#30 VintageDz

VintageDz

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 07:43 PM

POPULAR

No. Seriously, just no. I was at the game and witnessed the Lu chants. I also had the chance to talk to 15+ people throughout the game afterwards, who all had the EXACT same sentiments towards it, which were - roughly - "I love Lack, he's an awesome backup for us and he's going to be great for years to come. But you don't just continually slap our allstat goaltender in the face for years and then expect to find yourself as a competitive franchise that can draw in big name players".

Face it, Vancouver as a sports city has had enough bad flack from the media these past years, and there is absolutely no reason to continue that. I can promise you, those chants were in NO way directed towards Eddie. They were a direct shot to the coaching staff and management. I think a lot of fans, after the prior Luongo fiascos, we're able to take a step back, look at how a player of his stature was treated, and realize just what we have and realize how terrible we were to such a great asset, and most of us don't want to go down that road again.

So please, don't even start on how the "crowd turned against Lack". Never happened.

Why didnt u guys start the chant at the very begining of the game then? The chant wasnt started until lack let in a few goals, so its obvious its not only for the coaching staff or the management

Say whatever makes u sleep better, its ppl like u that made vancouver a goalie geave yard, and its also ppl like u that made the canucks fans a group of igonrant cry babies.

Edited by VintageDz, 02 March 2014 - 07:45 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.