The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Not Starting Lou Classless & embarrassing to the Player and Organization another big black eye

CrashCanuck

I have been pretty happy with the moves Torts has made this year but not starting Louie in such an important game as you said was both classless and stupid. Twice this year you have started Lack over Louie in supposed big games both times we have lost. I have to ask what are you thinking.Lack is the backup whether we go 7 rounds in the shootout or has 2 back to back solid efforts. He is not your bread and butter guy. Now you've put Luongo in a very embarrassing spot that a veteran proven classy guy does not deserve to be. Again the Canuck organization has crap the bed with a classless move that will be the laugh of all the league. Good luck trying to get in the playoffs this last move will serve as the last straw for this team making to the post season.U guys might as well trade Kesler and give Luongo away and any other guys we have that have served us for so many years well. You continue to embarrass players publicly it is embarrassing to have an ownership group who treats its players as such. Come on Gillis Torts give your egos and heads a shake. I have been a Canuck fan since day one and this is almost as bad as the Bill Laforge and Mike Keenan eras. Disgusted long time fan

When I found out they were not playing Lu in the heritage game I shut the TV off. First game I refused to watch in about 2 yrs. Can't believe how they have treated one of their star players. Disgusting. Tort's is playing the same B.S that AV did....it's going to get him his walking papers. I have been a canucks fan for more than 20 yrs. I never thought I would say that I would be happy to see the canucks loose...I was today. Still shocked that they did that....I could understand if Lu had been playing bad but he hasen't....stop punishing the wrong player!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree

It's unfortunate but I honestly can't see Luongo wanting to stay here after this.

Not just because of not getting the start and getting a sense of the backup role again, but I think this is just the final poke he will take.

I can't remember who mentioned it on CBC but I totally agree. Luongo is a push over, he's too nice. Why? Because he's a team guy and is willing to take the fall or take the crapty end of the stick for his team. But you know what, this has gone too far.

People argue he should just suck it up because Lack is the hotter goaltender right now, and even though that may be true, Luongo IS the starter and did deserve to play that game. Feeling trust and respect from his boss can be enough to make Luongo want to stay here and want to go to battle for management.

I can't believe it but this is starting to become the same crap again that happened with Schneider.

Luongo should always be considered the starter this season (especially since he was told by Gillis that he was at the start of the season), and if he has a bad game, THEN you give Lack one or two to get Luongo motivated, but the primary intention should always be to put Luongo in net.

It sucks, but I just can't see him wanting to be here after this season.

Sorry Luo, I hope you hoist the cup one day! You deserve it.

Lack earned this start Luongo did not

just because Luongo somehow deserves this for having a rough time battling his back up in previous seasons for the net doesn't make it true

Luongo will play next game end of story but hey lets spin this into another poor Luongo story his feelings must be hurt

Plenty of people felt that way too. Hence the we want Lou chant at the game.

The chant were just a kick in the face to lack when he wasnt on his game. I agree with Elliot freedman's comment 100%, lack didnt deserve the treatment, it wasnt his call who starts the game.

Its a shame the coaching staff created a controversy bu starting lack, but the fans chanting against and mocking lack were just down right embarrassing...

Today is a sad day being a canucks fan, and i finally understand why ppl say the canucks fans are one of the most ignorant group of fans across the league

Getting pissed off because Torts started the guy he felt was the hotter hand is not going to get rid of the pain of how bad our hockey team is, which is the real reason why people are upset.

It would be a suspension of disbelief at this point that Luongo is willing to remain here but some of us knew this all along. Canucks know it and thus are not doing him any favors.

It sucks, but I just can't see him wanting to be here after this season.

Not just lu, i cant see any goalie wants to play in vancouver. Vancouver was a goalie grave yard, and it will go back being one, because we have an incompetent management with endless controversy, and most importantly, the ignorant cry baby fans

I've said it before, but he doesn't want to be here so why should he get the heritage classic?

Because they begged him to come back and told him he's their number 1 guy.. Why would he want to be here anyways?

Seems like a lot of players don't want to be here.

M. Schneider

Ballard

Hodgson

Lu

Now Kesler.... wonder who will be next.

Luongo:

Asked for a trade

Said he was done with the city and team

Is a highly paid athlete

Who cares if he doesn't play one outdoor game

He gets paid for his services the coach and gm don't owe him anything just cuz he wants to play one game. Luongo is a winer. Demanded a trade when he lost the net the first time. How about suck it up and win the net back cut out all the tweeting and bs

This entire scenario shows exactly how overdramatic Canucks fans are. It's not a big deal. Lack was playing well, he got the start, we are fighting for a playoff spot. The little sideshow that is the Heritage Classic and this made up Luo drama is meaningless. Stop.

I agree, Luongo should have started, but I think the chanting is more of a black mark against the fans than starting Lack is for the organization. I can't even imagine how disheartening it was for Lack to hear "We want Lu" and "Lu" throughout the game, especially coming from the people who should be cheering for him.

Lack earned this start Luongo did not

just because Luongo somehow deserves this for having a rough time battling his back up in previous seasons for the net doesn't make it true

Luongo will play next game end of story but hey lets spin this into another poor Luongo story his feelings must be hurt

Not sure you noticed but the story went public.

It is not about which goaltender you think should start or your opinions.

It is about player management concerning the fact a pro has to publicly air his opinions outside the club to have them heard.

Luongo:

Asked for a trade

Said he was done with the city and team

Is a highly paid athlete

Who cares if he doesn't play one outdoor game

He gets paid for his services the coach and gm don't owe him anything just cuz he wants to play one game. Luongo is a winer. Demanded a trade when he lost the net the first time. How about suck it up and win the net back cut out all the tweeting and bs

Never asked for a trade.

Never said he was done with the team and city.

GMMG and Torts said he'll be the #1.

Luongo just dont want to play one game. He wants to play them all.

Lu came back and is still sitting on the bench.

Haven't played bad to lose the starting job.

He's been dealing with this since the end of 2011. And he has been sucking it up.

lu lovers with their sense of entitlement rating lu above the team... (apparently this attitude extends to lu judging by his response)

this Is a team game, All players have to contribute to the teams success..

if you get outplayed in your position by a teammate, and he gives the team a better chance to win... then he plays over you. Simple as that.

if lu doesn't like that, He should leave. Tired of his/his fanboys whining.

Lack earned that start on the back of spectacular play, and outplaying Lu up to that point. Torts didn't start lack because he's a "big meanie" who wants to act like a jerk

Archived