The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Not Starting Lou Classless & embarrassing to the Player and Organization another big black eye

CrashCanuck

Looks like the Heritage Classic was the tipping point. TSN Insider commented on this as such. Brisson talked to MG and forced the issue. Why else would Vancouver eat 15% of salary, MG wasn't willing to last year with Toronto.

I guess Lui can thank Torts in the end for expediting this.

Looks like the Heritage Classic was the tipping point. TSN Insider commented on this as such. Brisson talked to MG and forced the issue. Why else would Vancouver eat 15% of salary, MG wasn't willing to last year with Toronto.

I guess Lui can thank Torts in the end for expediting this.

The deal was done prior to the HC. It was pretty much close during the olympic break, thats why luongo didn't play another game with canucks, incase he got injured and the deal would fall through

TSN is a joke, they will try to spin everything to make vancouver look doom and gloom. The reality is we don't know who is the big winners until 4-6 years later. Markstrom could become the next swedish King and Horvat could become a huge impact star player for this franchise.

The deal was done prior to the HC. It was pretty much close during the olympic break, thats why luongo didn't play another game with canucks, incase he got injured and the deal would fall through

On the contrary, reports coming in that Tallon didn't start talk till MONDAY, don't know how reliable Ziemer is as a source. So Heritage Classic was the tipping point.

Brad Ziemer@BradZiemer 2h

Tallon says deal came together quickly. No recent discussions until Monday afternoon. Confirms #Canucks picking up 15 per cent of salary

Expand

Now Luongo's agent Brisson is confirming that the trade talks with Florida came after the Heritage Classic incident. Torts went on camera to refute his GM and that the reason why he didn't start Luongo was purely hockey reason, not because of impending trade.

http://www.cbc.ca/sp...trade-1.2561706

For whatever it's worth. If you like this move, you can thank Torts. If you don't like this move, you can blame Torts.

Regardless, Lui will be sending Torts (and maybe Brisson) a bottle of champaign.

Point is, if it can be done, then Burrows would not be goalless this season.

Burr doesn't need to learn to score, he's done plenty of that.

He needs to stay healthy. Same thing goes for his linemates. And Torts needs to play them like AV did (offensive end starts and forget about this defensive nonsense).

Players on the decline don't drop off that quickly.

If this deal came together that quickly then Gillis did a helluva job getting a decent return. Just sayin'...

Tortorella again reiterated that not playing Luongo was his decision and his decision alone. I do not believe it for one second. Luongo was not played for the sole reason of not risking injury in case the trade went through. With Florida's new ownership, the deal was being worked on for much longer than a mere three days.

That only makes me like Tortorella even more as he'll go to bat for his team any day and fully. Good on Torts for defending his team, GM and organization once again. This is a man who singlehandedly calmed down the local media and continues to do so.

Luongo is gone...at last...he didn't want to be here, Mrs Luongo didn't want him to be here and in the end I didn't want him to be here. I just hope that we won't go through a period similar to the post Hodgson era when his name is raised again and again ....and agian........and again ad nausea. I feel bad for Matthias/Marksrom because they are going to be subject to lots od scrutiny by local fans who believe they're the last word in recognizing hockey talent and to revisionary ideas again and again.....

Luongo is gone...at last...he didn't want to be here, Mrs Luongo didn't want him to be here and in the end I didn't want him to be here. I just hope that we won't go through a period similar to the post Hodgson era when his name is raised again and again ....and agian........and again ad nausea. I feel bad for Matthias/Marksrom because they are going to be subject to lots od scrutiny by local fans who believe they're the last word in recognizing hockey talent and to revisionary ideas again and again.....

I don't think Matthias or Markstrom will be subject to the scrutiny of the fans and media more, or less, than any other Canucks player. It's part of being a part of a Canadian market. Both seem to be very happy to have been traded to the Canucks.

Matthias said told his agent he wanted to go to Vancouver as he say himself. On the outside looking in while loads of prospects were coming up.

Markstrom gets to be reunited with Lack, knows Edler personally, and with Melanson, will most likely be yet another Schneider/ Lack success.

This is a new Era and for a guy who wanted out, the returns are exceptional.

And now to Tortorella.

well, kind of saw this all coming together hahahahaha... it is really a bittersweet thing in a sense. I hate to see Lu go but very happy for a classy guy like him to pack his bags and leave the Canuck's organization and head back to Florida. As I was driving home, I have the sense that the Canuck's are heading toward the Dan Cloutier era. I am not discrediting Lack, I think in the near future he can be a great goaltender and only time can tell, but as of now, he still needs some veteran guidance and influences to get there and Canuck's roster is empty as of now for that. Just like I said on my last few couples, mark my words for it for this team, it is done for. I would say it takes about 5 years for a team to get all its crap together and rebuild and another couple of years to really get in there and be competitive. Well, at least look on the bright side, tickets to the Canuck's games will be cheaper and more affordable for those who haven't been to their games yet lol

Archived