The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Not Starting Lou Classless & embarrassing to the Player and Organization another big black eye

CrashCanuck

Lack earned this start Luongo did not

just because Luongo somehow deserves this for having a rough time battling his back up in previous seasons for the net doesn't make it true

Luongo will play next game end of story but hey lets spin this into another poor Luongo story his feelings must be hurt

I'm not that upset about the goalie pick but if Torts is going to use the Lack has earned his ice time. Then why is Burrows on the 1st line PP. What has he done this year to earn that. If his motto is "I'm going to play the players who give me the best chance at winning" then he's needs to stick with that the whole way through the line up.

I'm sick of watching the sedin's and burrow play 18+ minutes and give half @$$ efforts. They screw up, constantly get out worked, only to get right back out there the next shift. At this points I'd rather have Dalpe on PP as long as he's out there giving it his all. I'd much rather cheer for a player working his but off trying to win, even he's not succeeding, then watch the twins show no emotion and do nothing on the ice.

I'm not that upset about the goalie pick but if Torts is going to use the Lack has earned his ice time. Then why is Burrows on the 1st line PP. What has he done this year to earn that. If his motto is "I'm going to play the players who give me the best chance at winning" then he's needs to stick with that the whole way through the line up.

I'm sick of watching the sedin's and burrow play 18+ minutes and give half @$$ efforts. They screw up, constantly get out worked, only to get right back out there the next shift. At this points I'd rather have Dalpe on PP as long as he's out their giving it his all.

The Sedins havent been outplayed by other teammates though. Thats the reasoning. They are playing AWFUL and still first and second in points on the team. As for Burrows, there isn't really a better option than him on the first line that wouldnt mess up the second line.

Never asked for a trade.

Never said he was done with the team and city.

GMMG and Torts said he'll be the #1.

Luongo just dont want to play one game. He wants to play them all.

Lu came back and is still sitting on the bench.

Haven't played bad to lose the starting job.

He's been dealing with this since the end of 2011. And he has been sucking it up.

So u ignore the facts and pretend that you were in the room with gillis and Lou ?

Since MG won't ask players to waive their Clauses, I guess you have to tick them off to the point they come to you and ask to waive it themselves.

Very strategic indeed MG, well done.

Yes,and now very obvious to most mature hockey fans of the Canucks.

Gillis has been pushing on Luo for years now.

Aqua man will not eat Gillis' contract with Luo.

The only thing left is Gillis' two year debacle/side show/ineptitude in not trading him.

The Canucks will not waive Luo and Luo is still reporting to the Canucks to order to have some say in his next club of employment.

When a player starts making public pronouncements the way Luo has done -Kesler and now the Classic Game- there is a chasm in managing said player.

Luo is publicly slagging management and that can not be tolerated if it continues much longer.

Luo is publicly pronouncing the situation he finds himself in.

Gillis has done what he wanted to do for the club and now Luo is pushing to get out.

Kesler is apparently doing the same and I expect others to follow.

The Sedins havent been outplayed by other teammates though. Thats the reasoning. They are playing AWFUL and still first and second in points on the team. As for Burrows, there isn't really a better option than him on the first line that wouldnt mess up the second line.

Kassian is 5th on the team in goals yet has only seen minimal PP time. As off right now anything is a better option than nothing. Zero goals in last 20 games is unacceptable for first line no matter what your name is. They are playing AWFUL and still get the most ice time on the team, something doesn't add up, maybe it's time to give that opportunity else where.

The chant were just a kick in the face to lack when he wasnt on his game. I agree with Elliot freedman's comment 100%, lack didnt deserve the treatment, it wasnt his call who starts the game.

Its a shame the coaching staff created a controversy bu starting lack, but the fans chanting against and mocking lack were just down right embarrassing...

Today is a sad day being a canucks fan, and i finally understand why ppl say the canucks fans are one of the most ignorant group of fans across the league

No. Seriously, just no. I was at the game and witnessed the Lu chants. I also had the chance to talk to 15+ people throughout the game afterwards, who all had the EXACT same sentiments towards it, which were - roughly - "I love Lack, he's an awesome backup for us and he's going to be great for years to come. But you don't just continually slap our allstat goaltender in the face for years and then expect to find yourself as a competitive franchise that can draw in big name players".

Face it, Vancouver as a sports city has had enough bad flack from the media these past years, and there is absolutely no reason to continue that. I can promise you, those chants were in NO way directed towards Eddie. They were a direct shot to the coaching staff and management. I think a lot of fans, after the prior Luongo fiascos, we're able to take a step back, look at how a player of his stature was treated, and realize just what we have and realize how terrible we were to such a great asset, and most of us don't want to go down that road again.

So please, don't even start on how the "crowd turned against Lack". Never happened.

I know in the land of never never, every one plays nice and the guy with the blue eyes and the white hat always get the pretty girl....but what has that to do with the position the Canucks find themselves in. This is not the case of Luongo playing bad but the case of Lack playing well amd when you're desperate for points to make the play-offs then you go with the hot goalie

Kassian is 5th on the team in goals yet has only seen minimal PP time. As off right now anything is a better option than nothing. Zero goals in last 20 games is unacceptable for first line no matter what your name is. They are playing AWFUL and still get the most ice time on the team, something doesn't add up, maybe it's time to give that opportunity else where.

I agree that Kassian deserves a shot on the first line. But there is no way the Sedins get taken off. They are so good that even blind folded and injured they still lead the team in points. They are our two best forwards and two best first line options, no doubt.

just another ploy by ownership to try to get louie pissed and walk away. therefore suspending him and not responsible for paying his contract while he sits at home. unfortunately i'm sure louie's onto them since he's alway smiling suggesting he just thinks about the millions he's being paid either on the bench or behind the most overrated over paid d core in the league.

i don't believe this decision came from torts or gillis this was Aquallini's medaling in hock op's just like they did when torts was hired.gillis simple a hand puppet with Aquallinis hand up his

this ownership group has had issues since day one no surprise there still is

disgraceful, this is how the best goaltender in franchise history gets treated i'm sure other star players will be lining up to play in vancouver when we treat them like this ....just terrible.

No. Seriously, just no. I was at the game and witnessed the Lu chants. I also had the chance to talk to 15+ people throughout the game afterwards, who all had the EXACT same sentiments towards it, which were - roughly - "I love Lack, he's an awesome backup for us and he's going to be great for years to come. But you don't just continually slap our allstat goaltender in the face for years and then expect to find yourself as a competitive franchise that can draw in big name players".

Face it, Vancouver as a sports city has had enough bad flack from the media these past years, and there is absolutely no reason to continue that. I can promise you, those chants were in NO way directed towards Eddie. They were a direct shot to the coaching staff and management. I think a lot of fans, after the prior Luongo fiascos, we're able to take a step back, look at how a player of his stature was treated, and realize just what we have and realize how terrible we were to such a great asset, and most of us don't want to go down that road again.

So please, don't even start on how the "crowd turned against Lack". Never happened.

Why didnt u guys start the chant at the very begining of the game then? The chant wasnt started until lack let in a few goals, so its obvious its not only for the coaching staff or the management

Say whatever makes u sleep better, its ppl like u that made vancouver a goalie geave yard, and its also ppl like u that made the canucks fans a group of igonrant cry babies.

lu lovers with their sense of entitlement rating lu above the team... (apparently this attitude extends to lu judging by his response)

this Is a team game, All players have to contribute to the teams success..

if you get outplayed in your position by a teammate, and he gives the team a better chance to win... then he plays over you. Simple as that.

if lu doesn't like that, He should leave. Tired of his/his fanboys whining.

Lack earned that start on the back of spectacular play, and outplaying Lu up to that point. Torts didn't start lack because he's a "big meanie" who wants to act like a jerk

Im not even close to a lou lover, but my argument was Torts needed to think about the crap it will put around his team, when his team clearly is having issues with confidence and the media etc.

Its all fine and great to say they are professionals they can ignore it, but we all know there is a cloud of negativity around this team right now. There was no need to allow the media to turn this team into more of a circus than it already is.

Moreover, you cannot tell me that Lou didn't give us as good of a chance to win as Lack. If the playoffs last year showed the entire nhl world one thing, it showed the problem is not with our goalies, it is our team defence and ability to score.

Those are not Lou's issues and therefore a mature and smart coach should have simply started to Lou to avoid this junk, as it really would make no difference on our ability to win the game or not, our goalies aren't responsible for scoring.

Why didnt u guys start the chant at the very begining of the game then? The chant wasnt started until lack let in a few goals, so its obvious its not only for the coaching staff or the management

Say whatever makes u sleep better, its ppl like u that made vancouver a goalie geave yard, and its also ppl like u that made the canucks fans a group of igonrant cry babies.

yes booing lack was completely classless, it just goes to prove the rest of the nhl right, that vancouver fans are whiny bitches...same fans were probably calling for Lou's head when Schnieds was around.

we have a city of spoiled brats who just like to bitch and complain...so whatever is the bitch of the day they jump on

lu lovers with their sense of entitlement rating lu above the team... (apparently this attitude extends to lu judging by his response)

this Is a team game, All players have to contribute to the teams success..

if you get outplayed in your position by a teammate, and he gives the team a better chance to win... then he plays over you. Simple as that.

if lu doesn't like that, He should leave. Tired of his/his fanboys whining.

Lack earned that start on the back of spectacular play, and outplaying Lu up to that point. Torts didn't start lack because he's a "big meanie" who wants to act like a jerk

Your tired of Lu lovers

Well I honestly feel like there is no such thing

Ur a fine example of Lu hater

90% of this board are Lu haters

People are upset about the direction of this team

Management to coaching no one will want to sign here

U dont treat ur star players like complete sh*t

And fans shouldn't either

Seems like u been watching canucks since our cup run

Anyone watching canucks for long time knows what the guy has done for the team

I have nothin but respect for the guy

Funny thing is

Only thing consistent about the canucks besides not scoring goals

Is treating Bobby Lou like garbage

Tell it to Lack! Totally thoughtless and classless by anyone who participated in that.

Please, don't talk about "people like me". You don't know me. You don't know my love for the Canucks, or what I've gone through. You can not say that "people like me" are the reason for anything. I'm a 25 year old professional who enjoys watching the sport of hockey in his spare time.

Say what you want about the team, city, public - anything. But don't start tarnishing MY character, when you don't know me. I'm sure I have done more for this team than you ever have. Learn your place, kid.

Your tired of Lu lovers

Well I honestly feel like there is no such thing

Ur a fine example of Lu hater

90% of this board are Lu haters

People are upset about the direction of this team

Management to coaching no one will want to sign here

U dont treat ur star players like complete sh*t

Funny cuz fans do it too

Seems like u been watching canucks since our cup run

Anyone watching canucks before knows not give Lou the short end of stick

I only have nothin but respect for what he's done

90% of statistics are made up 100% of the time