The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Not Starting Lou Classless & embarrassing to the Player and Organization another big black eye

CrashCanuck

I understood the idea of playing Lack again. Ride the hot goalie. From that perspective, I was ok with things.

However, after Lack was playing average, I thought putting Luongo in for the 2nd was a good idea. It might have helped change momentum too. I can only imagine Torts didn't this so he wouldn't be perceived as "giving in", but that was a mistake, imo.

I understood the idea of playing Lack again. Ride the hot goalie. From that perspective, I was ok with things.

However, after Lack was playing average, I thought putting Luongo in for the 2nd was a good idea. It might have helped change momentum too. I can only imagine Torts didn't this so he wouldn't be perceived as "giving in", but that was a mistake, imo.

Why pull a goalie after he lets in two goals? One of which went off one of your defensemens glove and was very fluky? Silly.

Please, don't talk about "people like me". You don't know me. You don't know my love for the Canucks, or what I've gone through. You can not say that "people like me" are the reason for anything. I'm a 25 year old professional who enjoys watching the sport of hockey in his spare time.

Say what you want about the team, city, public - anything. But don't start tarnishing MY character, when you don't know me. I'm sure I have done more for this team than you ever have. Learn your place, kid.

U just tarnish ur own character by calling me a kid, kid.

I dont care if ur 25 or 65, a working profession or a bum on E hasting, if u participated the chant and tried to make it sound like the right/ necessary thing to do, then i will repeat myself again...., u and the rest of ppl like YOU should be ashamed of urselves

It was completely stupid by Torts to start Lack over Luongo. The fans shouldn't boo Lack but that doesn't dismiss Torts' choice. To everyone arguing that Lack stole the net from Luongo because he was playing better, please... Luongo has been lights out this season. He played amazing hockey all year long and yet Lack still got the start to the only Heritage Classic the Canucks have played in (ever?). It's emabarassing how we treat our star players. I don't say this often but I completely agree with what Don Cherry said at the first intermission.

U just tarnish ur own character by calling me a kid, kid.

I dont care if ur 25 or 65, a working profession or a bum on E hasting, if u participated the chant and tried to make it sound like the right/ necessary thing to do, then i will repeat myself again...., u and the rest of ppl like YOU should be ashamed of urselves

Grammar used correctly helps add credibility to one's message .. or not .. this is not a Twitter or text Forum, so it looks 'wanting' .. :rolleyes:

It almost feels like this managment team wants a controversy. Can we just watch a friggen hockey team without always having these sideshow distactions looming over.

the distraction and sideshow is created by the media and fans any other team well maybe any other American team this would be a non story

Your tired of Lu lovers

Well I honestly feel like there is no such thing

Ur a fine example of Lu hater

90% of this board are Lu haters

People are upset about the direction of this team

Management to coaching no one will want to sign here

U dont treat ur star players like complete sh*t

And fans shouldn't either

Seems like u been watching canucks since our cup run

Anyone watching canucks for long time knows what the guy has done for the team

I have nothin but respect for the guy

Funny thing is

Only thing consistent about the canucks besides not scoring goals

Is treating Bobby Lou like garbage

LOL!

In Lu lover land people are convinced he can do no wrong. When he gets shelled and pulled it's the D's fault. They figure he should have no accountability in the SCF loss. They seem to think he is above not only the Canucks, but Team Canada.

You play the goalie that you think gives you the best chance at a win, and Lack was that man.

I have been pretty happy with the moves Torts has made this year but not starting Louie in such an important game as you said was both classless and stupid. Twice this year you have started Lack over Louie in supposed big games both times we have lost. I have to ask what are you thinking.Lack is the backup whether we go 7 rounds in the shootout or has 2 back to back solid efforts. He is not your bread and butter guy. Now you've put Luongo in a very embarrassing spot that a veteran proven classy guy does not deserve to be. Again the Canuck organization has crap the bed with a classless move that will be the laugh of all the league. Good luck trying to get in the playoffs this last move will serve as the last straw for this team making to the post season.U guys might as well trade Kesler and give Luongo away and any other guys we have that have served us for so many years well. You continue to embarrass players publicly it is embarrassing to have an ownership group who treats its players as such. Come on Gillis Torts give your egos and heads a shake. I have been a Canuck fan since day one and this is almost as bad as the Bill Laforge and Mike Keenan eras. Disgusted long time fan

I was going to make this same thread. i'm really pissed at what torts did

It was completely stupid by Torts to start Lack over Luongo. The fans shouldn't boo Lack but that doesn't dismiss Torts' choice. To everyone arguing that Lack stole the net from Luongo because he was playing better, please... Luongo has been lights out this season. He played amazing hockey all year long and yet Lack still got the start to the only Heritage Classic the Canucks have played in (ever?). It's emabarassing how we treat our star players. I don't say this often but I completely agree with what Don Cherry said at the first intermission.

No one boo lack today. We did the we want lou chant for sure. These are pros. If they can't handle the Vancouver market, then get rid of them.

"[Luongo] wasn't benched. I decided to playEddie Lack over him," Tortorella said. "Before this game the way Eddie was playing, I thought it was our best chance to get two points."

all he cares about is the two points? Then we should bench tortorella too because that's our best chance at getting any points.

yes booing lack was completely classless, it just goes to prove the rest of the nhl right, that vancouver fans are whiny bitches...same fans were probably calling for Lou's head when Schnieds was around.

we have a city of spoiled brats who just like to bitch and complain...so whatever is the bitch of the day they jump on

Holy generalization, Batman!

lu lovers with their sense of entitlement rating lu above the team... (apparently this attitude extends to lu judging by his response)

this Is a team game, All players have to contribute to the teams success..

if you get outplayed in your position by a teammate, and he gives the team a better chance to win... then he plays over you. Simple as that.

if lu doesn't like that, He should leave. Tired of his/his fanboys whining.

Lack earned that start on the back of spectacular play, and outplaying Lu up to that point. Torts didn't start lack because he's a "big meanie" who wants to act like a jerk

^^^^^^

No one boo lack today. We did the we want lou chant for sure. These are pros. If they can't handle the Vancouver market, then get rid of them.

We should get rid of u, and the rest like u.

Do u think the chant helped lack's confident or the team morale?

Archived