The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Pittsburgh Desperate for Kesler, NYR, DET AND CBJ Join Race

I just found it odd that you would include Corrado and leave out Hutton. That's all.

Well I've left Schroeder out of the prospect pool as well. Like Corrado, he's been cracking the NHL roster / on the verge of commanding a roster spot ie NHL ready.

So give up 2 franchise defining centers for 1 21 year old?

Enough internet for you today

I like how you call our 2 players "franchise players" and then play down Johansen as if he's some 21 year old who doesn't have more points this season then Henrik, Daniel and Kesler. Bo Horvat has yet to play 1 NHL game and will never be the offensive player Johansen is.

I wouldn't do Horvat + Kes but I'd do Kes + 1st or Kes + Jensen.

I wouldn't. I would do kes for Jenner ++ and then flip edler for B Schenn if one of the ++ wasn't Wennberg.

People greatly underestimate Jenner, the guy was a two time leader for the OHL in pints. He never actually finished the year out as the points leader but was top 5. He's got great potential to be a solid offensive forward + grit and I think would be an easier sell than Johansen.

The issue is, is that we are trying to get value back and build that depth not get value back without the depth. Jenner is a stud and could replace Kesler in all the ways we want. flipping Edler as well only helps shore up any other areas we are deficient in.

I like how you call our 2 players "franchise players" and then play down Johansen as if he's some 21 year old who doesn't have more points this season then Henrik, Daniel and Kesler. Bo Horvat has yet to play 1 NHL game and will never be the offensive player Johansen is.

So. In one sentence you contradict yourself twice. Interesting.

you're giving up kesler + our stud prospect for a guy who is having a single break out season. Are you on drugs? That would be like Pocklington adding Messier to the Gretzky trade....just because.

Johansen is good. But not worth us giving up ++ for him.

Jenner ++ for kesler is a solid trade depending on the ++ offering Kesler AND Horvat for Johansen is basically asking to be prison sexed.

I really think Kesler would put Columbus over the top in a few years once all their rookies and young guns develop:

Dubinsky - Kesler - Horton

Umberger - Johansen - Gaborik

Foligno - Anisimov - Atkinson

Calvert - Letestu - Comeau

Johnson - Wisniewski

Murray - Savard

Tyutin - Prout

Bobrovsky

McEhlienny

IMO Columbus just needs a proven/legit back up and they're good to go.

I really think Kesler would put Columbus over the top in a few years once all their rookies and young guns develop:

Dubinsky - Kesler - Horton

Umberger - Johansen - Gaborik

Foligno - Anisimov - Atkinson

Calvert - Letestu - Comeau

Johnson - Wisniewski

Murray - Savard

Tyutin - Prout

Bobrovsky

McEhlienny

IMO Columbus just needs a proven/legit back up and they're good to go.

And with that lineup who they giving us for kesler?

Sure. But remember this, they will have Kesler for the next 2 years... next year when their D is back and with Crosby/Malkin/Kesler as their 3C's, they will own the East.

Or...

I'll let Tanev go if we get Bennett and high 2015 pick in return.

Bar NO excuse, Bennett should be in this deal. Stated early and often; we want two absolutely solid young assets back for Kesler. Bennett plus Maata, I prefer Bennett plus Pouliot!

Other bits are moving parts.

Or just trade Edler for Pouliot?

See below with Tangerin

es...

If we're all hard about getting Maatta or Pouliot and don't give a crap about Sutter than why dont we trade EDLER for Maatta straight up, or EDLER for Pouliot and a 1st(2014)? The Pens need defense badly with Letang, and Martin out of their line up. Edler would fill in admirably. We can trade Kesler to CLB for Wennberg, Dubinsky, 1st, 3rd. DONE.

Edler for Pouliot and ?

Kesler for Jenner Rychel and a first... Who cares if we dont have a seasoned center coming back, add's a better pick!

I don't think it is that crazy to believe Ottawa would do this deal (with some other parts going either way likely).

I honestly believe you could remake this team with just a few trades.

1. Edler for Ryan

- both teams need changes, Jump on the Edler-Karlsson Olympic buzz while it is hot

2. Burrows +(Hansen?) for Emelin

- Not sure what we would have to add, but we have plenty of 3rd liners, both players sucking bad this year. Burrows has a better resume to believe he will improve again, Emelin has a greater upside but is also a greater risk to see if he can ever regain form

3. Kesler and Luongo for Bjugstad, Goc and the 2014 1st rounder

- Florida wants to spend money and make the playoffs next year. This trade gets them there even without spending the other $20 million extra they have to play around with in the UFA market. Goc is simply a piece to keep us OK for this season as he is a pending UFA. Kesler replaces Bjugstad in their lineup and is much better in the near and medium term. Luongo is far better than who they have or spending $7-9 million on a UFA goalie.

All of a sudden we are no worse in the immediate term, and have a much brighter future.

Next year:

Sedin-Sedin-Ryan/Kassian

Shinkaruk or the 1st round pick we get-Bjugstad-Ryan/Kassian

Higgins-Horvat-Jensen

Richardson-Lain-Sestito

Santorelli

Hamhuis-Bieksa

Garrison-Tanev

Emelin-Stanton

The net sum of your proposals makes a some sense. Save the Florida component. Florida is not a contender; do they give up futures for 2 years with Kesler? Does he waive? Critically, we can do better than Bjugstad, a rental 3C and a first for Lou AND Kesler.

Edler for Ryan puts a whole different spin on any situation though! I like it! ???

Anyone know anything about this supposed blackhawk offer???

I read something about Bickel, Leddy, Saad and a pick (believe it was a 2knd). Lots of useful parts not to be sneezed at; quantity over (real) quality though.

So. In one sentence you contradict yourself twice. Interesting.

you're giving up kesler + our stud prospect for a guy who is having a single break out season. Are you on drugs? That would be like Pocklington adding Messier to the Gretzky trade....just because.

Johansen is good. But not worth us giving up ++ for him.

Jenner ++ for kesler is a solid trade depending on the ++ offering Kesler AND Horvat for Johansen is basically asking to be prison sexed.

You have no idea what you're talking about. If you would rather have Ryan Kesler on your team right now then Ryan Johansen then you're just a homer fan who has probably let Ryan Kesler "prison sexed" you.

You keep using words like stud and franchise to describe our players and then call Johansen a 21 year old or he's just having a breakout year. Stop over hyping our players and playing down other team's players.

Bo Horvat is a great prospect there is no doubt about that and if Columbus would accept Ryan Kesler & our 1st round draft pick or Nicklas Jensen I would rather do that, but they wouldn't. You're not going to acquire a "true" fanchise player for an injury prone 2 way forward who turns 30 this year and a top prospect who has yet to play a game.

Maatta won't go anywhere, I would be fine with Pouliot anyways, his offensive upside is something we sorely lack.

Too risky IMO.

Highest bidder gets Kesler. We should ask for a lot considering the supposed interest in Kesler.

I want a high end young player. like a O'Reilly, Kane, Kadri, Stepan or Nyquist and more.

Archived