The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Pittsburgh Desperate for Kesler, NYR, DET AND CBJ Join Race

Now Burrows?

SPORTSNET.CA: Mark Spector suspects Ryan Kesler won’t be the only Canucks core player to move on. He noted Detroit likes defenseman Alex Edler, and suspects the NY Rangers could pursue Alex Burrows at the draft if they should trade away Ryan Callahan.

Wow. Very interesting. The team's they are a-changin'.

Would be sad to see Burr go but it's beyond time for a solid shake-up here.

You have no idea what you're talking about. If you would rather have Ryan Kesler on your team right now then Ryan Johansen then you're just a homer fan who has probably let Ryan Kesler "prison sexed" you.

You keep using words like stud and franchise to describe our players and then call Johansen a 21 year old or he's just having a breakout year. Stop over hyping our players and playing down other team's players.

Bo Horvat is a great prospect there is no doubt about that and if Columbus would accept Ryan Kesler & our 1st round draft pick or Nicklas Jensen I would rather do that, but they wouldn't. You're not going to acquire a "true" fanchise player for an injury prone 2 way forward who turns 30 this year and a top prospect who has yet to play a game.

But there you go again.

ALL of the available offers rumoured include.

1st round pick. Center under 25 (asset) top blue chip prospect

No matter how good Johansen might be in 5 seasons, he could also go Daigle at any point in time.

So then you also offer our top prospect since the Sedins or Linden. So by association let us do the math.

Kesler (1st, 25 under roster player, top prospect) and Horvat (Schneider)

For....Johansen

Now, how does that look to you?

A franchise or decade defining trade messed up will not propel this team ahead but leave it spinning its wheels or regressing.

So before you start getting all insulting and smarmy. Do the math that I just showed you and now tell me that Kesler + Horvat is a good deal for us when we only get back Johensen

But there you go again.

No matter how good Johansen might be in 5 seasons, he could also go Daigle at any point in time.

So then you also offer our top prospect since the Sedins or Linden. So by association let us do the math.

For....Johansen

A franchise or decade defining trade messed up will not propel this team ahead but leave it spinning its wheels or regressing.

So before you start getting all insulting and smarmy. Do the math that I just showed you and now tell me that Kesler + Horvat is a good deal for us when we only get back Johensen

You don't have to make outlandish statements to back up your point, you were doing fine in your argument until this.

Best predictor of future behavior is prior behavior. Johansen is a kid who just loves hockey. He is not going Daigle at any point in time, unless you want to make the argument that ANY player can go Daigle at any time.

Reilly is the only piece im interested in there...Don't think Kadri would work under Torts...He cant even take the top line role in Toronto

He does have more points than their so-called #1 centre Bozak, despite the fact that Bozak gets to play with Lupul and Kessel more, I believe. He can play offence, well liked by Leafs fans. I wouldn't mind Kadri. I just don't think the Leafs will give us that package. They will probably try to push Kulemin on us. Or worse, Bolland (since he is UFA, not because we don't like him)

For the record in regards to Nyquist and Maata remember the following everyone.

Letang is most likely done for the season. Martin is gone for a decent amount of time. They will not detract from their blue line to upgrade their forwards when their forwards are not the issue. Maata is a non starter for obvious reasons at that point.

Detroit will not part with Nyquist because Zetterburg and Datsyuk are both banged up. Nyquist is currently on the roster and single handedly driving their offense. They will not detract from that by adding Kesler. it would be like us looking to rent a player while Daniel Sedin is injured.

for this reason, Pouliot and his potential, and Mantha and his potential ++ should be our goals. Mantha gives us that big powerful RW with huge offensive upside we need (outside of Kassian) and Pouliot gives us a solid PMD with ok size we need in our system.

Again, neither team will give up those key pieces from their roster for these very obvious reasons.

Johansen is only having one good season, trading him for Kesler and what Horvat is plain stupid. People drool over players just because there young and flashy whatever, you gotta look at the long term potential they all end up being old and at that point people will go crazy about younger players at that time.

He does have more points than their so-called #1 centre Bozak, despite the fact that Bozak gets to play with Lupul and Kessel more, I believe. He can play offence, well liked by Leafs fans. I wouldn't mind Kadri. I just don't think the Leafs will give us that package. They will probably try to push Kulemin on us. Or worse, Bolland (since he is UFA, not because we don't like him)

You do realize Bozak has played 20 less games than Kadri and has 35 points in 38 games. Also has a much better +/- than Kadri.

This is what Toronto deserves.

The NHL Files@TheNHLFiles 4m

According to reports, Vancouver's price to Toronto for Kesler is Gardiner or Reilly, Kadri, and a 1st.

Gardiner, Kardri and first would be a crap return. Only good if it is Reilly, Kadri and first. Gardiner wouldn't make out D given our depth. Plus TO should be paying a premium cause they deserve 2.

You don't have to make outlandish statements to back up your point, you were doing fine in your argument until this.

Best predictor of future behavior is prior behavior. Johansen is a kid who just loves hockey. He is not going Daigle at any point in time, unless you want to make the argument that ANY player can go Daigle at any time.

That is not an outlandish statement though.

Would you have, could you have predicted Burrows would be so snakebitten this year? That Daniel couldn't buy a goal out of nowhere? That Heatly would go from 50+ goals a year to literally nothing

Players slump. Losing Horvat + Kesler for one guy who could slump (yes I know he's a solid kid but anything can happen) at any point like that when there is a far greater potential return available is rather silly.

So on that note, yes I AM indeed making a case that all players can slump significantly. but wouldn't you feel better with 3 genuine chances at solid top 4 or top 6 players for their positions as opposed to just 1 single guy for basically the entire future of this team moving forward?

Letang is most likely done for the season. Martin is gone for a decent amount of time. They will not detract from their blue line to upgrade their forwards when their forwards are not the issue. Maata is a non starter for obvious reasons at that point.

Detroit will not part with Nyquist because Zetterburg and Datsyuk are both banged up. Nyquist is currently on the roster and single handedly driving their offense. They will not detract from that by adding Kesler. it would be like us looking to rent a player while Daniel Sedin is injured.

for this reason, Pouliot and his potential, and Mantha and his potential ++ should be our goals. Mantha gives us that big powerful RW with huge offensive upside we need (outside of Kassian) and Pouliot gives us a solid PMD with ok size we need in our system.

Again, neither team will give up those key pieces from their roster for these very obvious reasons.

I think we could work out a deal with Pittsburgh, but for Edler and not Kesler. I wouldn't do Bennett+Pouliot for Kes but for Edler I would strongly consider it.

But there you go again.

For....Johansen

Thank you!

If you're going to argue that Johansen could all of a sudden not pan out and pull a Daigle then you have to accept that Horvat won't either. Horvat is a way bigger risk at this point in his career then Johansen. Yes it's a lot to give up but it's often said the team that get's the best player is the winner and in a trade involving Kesler and Horvat for Johansen we get the best player. We can disagree on that if you want. I'd rather have the "extremely risky" Ryan Johansen then the injury prone Kesler or untested Horvat. That's just me though.

According to reports, Vancouver's price to Toronto for Kesler is Gardiner or Reilly, Kadri, and a 1st.
TO's so-called involvement leads me to believe that there will be no Kesler trade. Just like there was no Luongo trade last deadline.

"Gillis is asking too much", "TO killed the deal" etc. bs drama.

Oh, but at least we were entertained in the meantime. Next, we'll be entertained by the draft, which will feature more bs drama. Are you as Canadian hockey fans entertained by this? Yeah, you know you are.

Burrows + Schroeder for Carl Hagelin

Kesler for Pouliot, Sutter + 1st

Edler for Mantha

Bieksa to Philly for Read

Luongo to Florida for their 1st

D.Sedin - H.Sedin - N.Jensen - puck possession top line.

H.Shinkaruk - B.Horvat - A.Mantha - potential to be a very good kid line.

C.Hagelin - B.Sutter - M.Read - checking line.

J.Hansen - B.Gaunce - Z.Kassian - grit and toughness.

D.Hamhuis - J.Garrison

B.Pouliot - C.Tanev

R.Stanton - F.Corrado

E.Lack

R.Luongo

Balanced scoring lines with youth and vets in the lineup.

ez rebuild

:bigblush:

Pittsburg can acquire another Dman to replace Maatta at the deadline. Hell we can give them one Dman to help them out. We shouldn't settle because they have injury problems. Also, they will have Kesler at 5M for the next two years. We shouldn't settle for a small 20 year old junior when there is a solid 19 year old big NHL Dman here for us to pick from.

Kesler should yield an elite prospect, not maybes.

There are multiple vet Dmen available as per media. There is only 1 former Selke trophy winner still in his prime.

Archived