The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Pittsburgh Desperate for Kesler, NYR, DET AND CBJ Join Race

I wouldn't. I would do kes for Jenner ++ and then flip edler for B Schenn if one of the ++ wasn't Wennberg.

People greatly underestimate Jenner, the guy was a two time leader for the OHL in pints. He never actually finished the year out as the points leader but was top 5. He's got great potential to be a solid offensive forward + grit and I think would be an easier sell than Johansen.

The issue is, is that we are trying to get value back and build that depth not get value back without the depth. Jenner is a stud and could replace Kesler in all the ways we want. flipping Edler as well only helps shore up any other areas we are deficient in.

Hey WH. I'm not to familiar with Jenner or Wennberg. I like to think of youas a knowlegeable,dedicate, poster on here. What is the difference between them, and which one would fit our team better? Oh man I just saw 28 replies all at once while I was typing this,maybe something just happened!

You do realize Bozak has played 20 less games than Kadri and has 35 points in 38 games. Also has a much better +/- than Kadri.

Sorry I actually didn't. I take it back.

But Kadri is younger and cheaper.

He does have more points than their so-called #1 centre Bozak, despite the fact that Bozak gets to play with Lupul and Kessel more, I believe. He can play offence, well liked by Leafs fans. I wouldn't mind Kadri. I just don't think the Leafs will give us that package. They will probably try to push Kulemin on us. Or worse, Bolland (since he is UFA, not because we don't like him)

All reports have Nonis actively shopping Kadri...He is also garbage in the FO 44%...So we would still need a center and move him to wing and Bryan already said the points part with Bozak...Not a deal I have interest in to say the least

All reports have Nonis actively shopping Kadri...He is also garbage in the FO 44%...So we would still need a center and move him to wing and Bryan already said the points part with Bozak...Not a deal I have interest in to say the least

Ok I agree. He sucks at defence too. You guys are right.

That is not an outlandish statement though.

Would you have, could you have predicted Burrows would be so snakebitten this year? That Daniel couldn't buy a goal out of nowhere? That Heatly would go from 50+ goals a year to literally nothing

Players slump. Losing Horvat + Kesler for one guy who could slump (yes I know he's a solid kid but anything can happen) at any point like that when there is a far greater potential return available is rather silly.

So on that note, yes I AM indeed making a case that all players can slump significantly. but wouldn't you feel better with 3 genuine chances at solid top 4 or top 6 players for their positions as opposed to just 1 single guy for basically the entire future of this team moving forward?

I shouldn't butt into your conversation, because you and I are not talking about the same deal. I would never do Kesler+Horvat for Johansen.

The deal I've proposed has been something along the lines of Kes+pieces for Johansen, Dubinsky, and a high pick/prospect.

That is not an outlandish statement though.

Would you have, could you have predicted Burrows would be so snakebitten this year? That Daniel couldn't buy a goal out of nowhere? That Heatly would go from 50+ goals a year to literally nothing

Players slump. Losing Horvat + Kesler for one guy who could slump (yes I know he's a solid kid but anything can happen) at any point like that when there is a far greater potential return available is rather silly.

So on that note, yes I AM indeed making a case that all players can slump significantly. but wouldn't you feel better with 3 genuine chances at solid top 4 or top 6 players for their positions as opposed to just 1 single guy for basically the entire future of this team moving forward?

I do get what your saying. We can get more pieces for just Ryan Kesler (which increases the odds of success). But none of them are currently or have the ceiling that Ryan Johansen does. Yes right now we can get a 1st round draft pick, a rosters player and another top prospect for Kesler but other then the "roster" player those are all risks. When you're dealing with picks and unproven prospects you're going to take a risk. At least Ryan Johansen has 150 games played in the NHL and is slightly less of a risk. Any trade you do has an element of risk involved with it. Out of all the players mentioned in possible trades for Ryan Kesler or Alex Edler, Ryan Johansen is the best player to take a "risk" on, maybe Olli Maata.

I shouldn't butt into your conversation, because you and I are not talking about the same deal. I would never do Kesler+Horvat for Johansen.

The deal I've proposed has been something along the lines of Kes+pieces for Johansen, Dubinsky, and a high pick/prospect.

Just to note I would rather not give up Horvat for Johansen as the thought of our top three centres being Johansen, Horvat and Gaunce is drool worthy. But to get a player like Johansen without parting with Horvat would probably take Ryan Kesler, 2014 1st Round Draft Pick (which at our rate will be a top 10) and Nicklas Jensen.

Burrows + Schroeder for Carl Hagelin

Kesler for Pouliot, Sutter + 1st

Edler for Mantha

Bieksa to Philly for Read

Luongo to Florida for their 1st

D.Sedin - H.Sedin - N.Jensen - puck possession top line.

H.Shinkaruk - B.Horvat - A.Mantha - potential to be a very good kid line.

C.Hagelin - B.Sutter - M.Read - checking line.

J.Hansen - B.Gaunce - Z.Kassian - grit and toughness.

D.Hamhuis - J.Garrison

B.Pouliot - C.Tanev

R.Stanton - F.Corrado

E.Lack

R.Luongo

Balanced scoring lines with youth and vets in the lineup.

ez rebuild

:bigblush:

Alex Edler for Brayden Schenn

Ryan Kesler for Brandon Dubinsky + Boone Jenner + 1st

Alex Burrows + Jannik Hansen + Bo Horvat + CBJ 1st + FLA 2nd 2015 for Evander Kane

Roberto Luongo for FLA 2nd 2014 + FLA 2nd 2015 + Brian Campbell

Sign Thomas Vanek 7.5 million x 7 years

Buyout David Booth

Daniel Sedin - Henrik Sedin - Thomas Vanek

Evander Kane - Brayden Schenn - Zack Kassian

Boone Jenner - Brandon Dubinsky - Brad Richardson

Tom Sestito - Kellan Lain - Alexandre Grenier

Dan Hamhuis - Chris Tanev

Jason Garison - Brian Campbell

Ryan Stanton - Kevin Bieksa

Eddie Lack

Joakim Eriksson

We don't need another Kesler, look where we are now with Kesler. We need a player with higher ceiling than Kesler.

Like who?

Jenner has 18 points in 50 games as a rookie, add to that he's 6'2 200lbs 20 yrs old with 143 hits. His ceiling may very well pass kesler's and has a good chance to because torts plays the crap outta players like him. We're not going to get a johansen out of them, that's a pipe dream.

Jenner, top prospect and Columbus 1st(could be top ten) would be a sick package I'd take. Give Jensen his centreman back and watch him grow.

Then we have a boosted prospect pool to trade for the high ceiling player you want.. Or Flip edler for Schenn 1st package if both parties agree.

Just to note I would rather not give up Horvat for Johansen as the thought of our top three centres being Johansen, Horvat and Gaunce is drool worthy. But to get a player like Johansen without parting with Horvat would probably take Ryan Kesler, 2014 1st Round Draft Pick (which at our rate will be a top 10) and Nicklas Jensen.

The thought of this makes me sick.

Hey WH. I'm not to familiar with Jenner or Wennberg. I like to think of youas a knowlegeable,dedicate, poster on here. What is the difference between them, and which one would fit our team better? Oh man I just saw 28 replies all at once while I was typing this,maybe something just happened!

Wennberg is a 6 foot 1 swedish stud point getter of a center. Questionable 2 way game but fast amazing pass. Think Backstrom esque.

Jenner though is Kesler with mroe potential offensive upside and Bieksa like snarl 6 foot 2 211 pounds and a solid wrist shot and decent 2 way game.

Honestly if we are getting Jenner back and Rychel with a pick, its HUGE moving forward. Jenner Murray also good, Wennberg ++ it's a cannot lose. I like Jenner because he has that ugly 2 way game we need when playing against the California teams

Archived