The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Pittsburgh Desperate for Kesler, NYR, DET AND CBJ Join Race

Wennberg is a 6 foot 1 swedish stud point getter of a center. Questionable 2 way game but fast amazing pass. Think Backstrom esque.

Jenner though is Kesler with mroe potential offensive upside and Bieksa like snarl 6 foot 2 211 pounds and a solid wrist shot and decent 2 way game.

Honestly if we are getting Jenner back and Rychel with a pick, its HUGE moving forward. Jenner Murray also good, Wennberg ++ it's a cannot lose. I like Jenner because he has that ugly 2 way game we need when playing against the California teams

Approve!

Wennberg is a 6 foot 1 swedish stud point getter of a center. Questionable 2 way game but fast amazing pass. Think Backstrom esque.

Jenner though is Kesler with mroe potential offensive upside and Bieksa like snarl 6 foot 2 211 pounds and a solid wrist shot and decent 2 way game.

Honestly if we are getting Jenner back and Rychel with a pick, its HUGE moving forward. Jenner Murray also good, Wennberg ++ it's a cannot lose. I like Jenner because he has that ugly 2 way game we need when playing against the California teams

I'll admit if we can get Boone Jenner, a 1st or 2nd Round Draft pick & another prospect (Rychel or Wennberg) from Columbus that would be a great trade for us.

I do get what your saying. We can get more pieces for just Ryan Kesler (which increases the odds of success). But none of them are currently or have the ceiling that Ryan Johansen does. Yes right now we can get a 1st round draft pick, a rosters player and another top prospect for Kesler but other then the "roster" player those are all risks. When you're dealing with picks and unproven prospects you're going to take a risk. At least Ryan Johansen has 150 games played in the NHL and is slightly less of a risk. Any trade you do has an element of risk involved with it. Out of all the players mentioned in possible trades for Ryan Kesler or Alex Edler, Ryan Johansen is the best player to take a "risk" on, maybe Olli Maata.

OK see now we are seeing eye to eye.

Think of it like this. If we can say squeeze B Schenn ++, Jenner ++ (the ++ being a winger and a 1st) than we can draft our next center. As it stands right now this team is NOT making the playoffs. 3 teams directly behind us within 2 points and having 2 or 3 games at hand. Losing Kesler means rebuild.

If we were competing and had the depth available i'd do Kesler + for Johansen. but we are not. moving Kesler signals at least a full season rebuild in 2015.

I know Johansen is a stud, no question. but so is Wennberg, So is Horvat, Rychel, Jenner, B Schenn and all bring a specific aspect we need. Pitts giving us bennet and Pouliot (as they will not move Maata with martin and Letang injured) is also good.

we have a chance at almost cannot miss prospects from the last 2 seasons and if done right we could squeeze 2 prospects from last years draft (giving us 4 overall 1st round picks int he uber deep 2013 draft) from columbus and a pick.

while they might not translate into playing this or next season. they'll help this club out immensely.

Because like it or not. Once Kesler is moved we are officially rebuilding. And this means the rest of this season. Plus next season. Then an additional season or two on top of that while our prospects/rookies find their footing.

So at that point we then have a 25-26 year old Johansen or a few 22-23 year old uber prospects. Because like it or not. If we have Shinkaruk, Horvat and say any two of Wennberg Rychel Pouliot Mantha Jenner and another 1st round pick from Kesler, we have a few almost cannot miss career NHL players as opposed to one. And I would much rather have 3 or 4 cannot miss career players over 1 single uber prospect.

That and we could again laugh at Calgary and edmonton as we rebuild in almost no time at all and are competing again quicker than most think possible

In the end I see us taking Philly's offer if they make one. Even if it's slightly less.

Pittsburgh just doesn't have the pieces we need.

Sutter will never replace Kesler on the second line. Schenn on the other hand is only getting better. Add him to a prospect like Laughton or Morin, and a higher first round pick and it's a much better deal.

Rossie also said that they will NOT give up Maata under any circumstance.

And it makes 100% sense with the Letang situation. I don't understand how people were even thinking that Määtta was ever an option...

I'm hoping that Pouliot is part of a package that would be coming back. Fingers crossed!

The reason the Pens are desperate is Sutter has sucked since he was traded to the Pens. The Pens got robbed in the Jordan Staal deal. Why should we help Pitt by letting them rob us with Carolina's castaways?

Only players I would want off Pitts is Neil and Malkin. Would they take a package of Kesler and stuff for Malkin? Bet they won't.

Jordan Staal was a pending UFA. The value PIT got for him at the deadline was insane...

Man oh man Shero really wants Kesler lol.

Won't settle for anything less than this:

Maata

Sutter

1st

Or

Bennett

Sutter

Pouliot

1st

I think this might be fair if Maatta is not included.

I like this and it's probably more realistic than Johansen.

Archived