The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Pittsburgh Desperate for Kesler, NYR, DET AND CBJ Join Race

Is Maatta now a possibility?

matta sutter bennette 1st

Man oh man Shero really wants Kesler lol.

Won't settle for anything less than this:

Maata

Sutter

1st

Or

Bennett

Sutter

Pouliot

1st

If they don't give Maatta then just hang up.

Again people please listen.

THEY CANNOT GIVE UP MAATA

Letang and Martin are injured....this would leave them with NO defense. Take Pouliot and be damned happy because he is the type of D man we do not have on our system.

In the end I see us taking Philly's offer if they make one. Even if it's slightly less.

Pittsburgh just doesn't have the pieces we need.

Sutter will never replace Kesler on the second line. Schenn on the other hand is only getting better. Add him to a prospect like Laughton or Morin, and a higher first round pick and it's a much better deal.

Agreed if Schenn or Couts are offered. Pits just doesn't have the centre that the Canucks need for a quick retool.

If I'm Mike Gillis, I move Kesler by Wednesday. If what Rossi said is legit and he's not just blowing smoke, the Canucks could potentially acquire a few assets that could, along with assets acquired in moving Edler, shape the future of this franchise.

People need to realize that this is potentially the highest Ryan Kesler's value will ever be and there is no single player on this roster that will bring more return than him. Write this season off, make a couple significant trades and bring in youth, suck it up as fans for a couple seasons and let a future crop of players lead this team to the promise land because the players we have now had their chance and their window is now closed.

I'll admit if we can get Boone Jenner, a 1st or 2nd Round Draft pick & another prospect (Rychel or Wennberg) from Columbus that would be a great trade for us.

If we could do that, it gives Jensen back the center he scored all his junior points with. A kesler replacement with beef to him AND another 1st this year.

And this year we would finally have the ability to actually do something we haven't in a while.

Draft high risk offensive players.

Virtanen and...Goldobin, Scherbak, Barbashev, Kapanen?

I would be sold with jenner Rychel/Murray and a 1st. Cause then we could also flip edler for more. Possibly LUongo for even more. Competing in 2 seasons

In the end I see us taking Philly's offer if they make one. Even if it's slightly less.

Pittsburgh just doesn't have the pieces we need.

Sutter will never replace Kesler on the second line. Schenn on the other hand is only getting better. Add him to a prospect like Laughton or Morin, and a higher first round pick and it's a much better deal.

this. you know it. I know it. lets hope gillis knows it.

So is there actually ANY reliable media source telling us what the COL and PHI or even CHI packages are (like the sources we have been hearing about PIT) ? Or are we just purely yakking theories?

If we could do that, it gives Jensen back the center he scored all his junior points with. A kesler replacement with beef to him AND another 1st this year.

And this year we would finally have the ability to actually do something we haven't in a while.

Draft high risk offensive players.

Virtanen and...Goldobin, Scherbak, Barbashev, Kapanen?

I would be sold with jenner Rychel/Murray and a 1st. Cause then we could also flip edler for more. Possibly LUongo for even more. Competing in 2 seasons

jensen was always a winger...

Maybe we should just stack up on D and ask for Pouliot and Harrington. Those two together could be an absolute stud pairing.

Pouliot, Harrington, Sutter, and a 1st.

We don't get our top center, but maybe that could be accomplished in an Edler trade.

Archived