The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Luongo to Washington or Florida

http://prohockeytalk...king-at-luongo/

Report: Caps Could be Looking at Luongo

A couple of tweets to stoke some Roberto Luongo trade speculation:

Ryan Kesler trade talks definitely continuing but told talks regarding Roberto Luongo heating up and Capitals could be involved.—

Jimmy Murphy (@MurphysLaw74) March 04, 2014

Per one NHL exec on possibility they're after Luongo: "Caps are desperate. Wouldn't surprise me."—

Of course, based on the numbers, the Caps have actually received pretty good goaltending this season from Braden Holtby, Philipp Grubauer, and Michal Neuvirth. Washington's team save percentage is .914, tied with San Jose for 12th in the NHL.

As for another potential destination, I'll throw in a couple of tweets of my own:

Funny thing is, if there's one team I could maybe MAYBE see trading for Luongo, it's Florida. But again…just maybe.—

Jason Brough (@JasonPHT) March 01, 2014

FYI: Panthers have new ownership, and apparently Dale Tallon has been given permission to spend to the cap.—

But we all know the problems with Luongo's contract, so far as trading him is concerned. (He knows it, too.) Those issues remain, though with a rising salary cap maybe they're not as pronounced as they were a year ago.

roberto-luongo.jpg

030214_luongo.jpg

At this point, i want Luongo gone.

He doesn't deserve this crap anymore. Just trade him. Trade him for a 7th for all i care, just get him off this team. He deserves to be somewhere else.. It hurts to see how badly he's treated by almost everyone here.

http://prohockeytalk...king-at-luongo/

Report: Caps could be looking at Luongo

A couple of tweets to stoke some Roberto Luongo trade speculation:

Ryan Kesler trade talks definitely continuing but told talks regarding Roberto Luongo heating up and Capitals could be involved.—

Per one NHL exec on possibility they're after Luongo: "Caps are desperate. Wouldn't surprise me."—

Of course, based on the numbers, the Caps have actually received pretty good goaltending this season from Braden Holtby, Philipp Grubauer, and Michal Neuvirth. Washington's team save percentage is .914, tied with San Jose for 12th in the NHL.

As for another potential destination, I'll throw in a couple of tweets of my own:

Funny thing is, if there's one team I could maybe MAYBE see trading for Luongo, it's Florida. But again…just maybe.—

FYI: Panthers have new ownership, and apparently Dale Tallon has been given permission to spend to the cap.—

But we all know the problems with Luongo's contract, so far as trading him is concerned. (He knows it, too.) Those issues remain, though with a rising salary cap maybe they're not as pronounced as they were a year ago.

Related: Torts admits 'Lui's pissed' about sitting out Heritage Classic

LOL yeah Loui and Tim Thomas on the same team? Wonder if they could pump each others tires pre-game to get fired up...

At this point, i want Luongo gone.

He doesn't deserve this crap anymore. Just trade him. Trade him for a 7th for all i care, just get him off this team. He deserves to be somewhere else.. It hurts to see how badly he's treated by almost everyone here.

You're wrong, we don't deserve his mopey crap anymore.

Doubt it happens... But I speculated about this deal weeks ago...

Neuvirth + Erat

for

Lui

Clearly not a big return, but you can finally move on, and have 2 young goalies that are competent enough to fill the void imo. Erat would be the cap dump to make it work, but could also serve as a solid experience piece for the next season.

I hope so.

Lu deserves another shot , he is not playing up to his potential here with everything that has (and is) going on. That he is still playing great says something about what kind of player he is. Sometimes players need a change of scenery, it has never been more evident than for Lu.

You can't try to openly trade a player and then make up - making up never works... (at least not without sex ;)lol

At this point it doesn't matter whose at fault, but what does matter is that there's goalie drama and it is time to end it and move on. When there was a rift in the dressing room between old WCE players and younger players, the Canucks went nowhere, and yet Nonis did hardly anything to right the ship. Shouldn't be making the same mistakes.

Luongo, Booth for Orlov, Erat, Holtby/Neuvirth, 2nd 2014.

Archived