The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Cougars sold to investors, Hamhuis is one

Ya I went to see the winterhawks this year for the same reason. I say it every time I watch the chl Friday game on sportsnet and It's always a couple stacked teams "man it would be cool to see a cougars team this good". 3 or 4 first round beauties and well coached.

I don't understand how we can be so terrible for such a long stretch? We are bottom feeders every year and never seem to climb back up again. Are we drafting duds in the bantam draft or what the hell is going on?

The team GM for the last 10 years is the owners son in law. He basically has no idea what he's doing. He shouldn't have been given the gm position in the first place. We also generally draft poorly and don't have any luck with recruiting anyone that's undrafted. We haven't made any great trades either that I can recall. We have gotten screwed a few times too with players that have been drafted, like Connelly. I don't go more than a couple times a year anymore but it seems that the coaching and player development has been pretty bad too.

Ya I went to see the winterhawks this year for the same reason. I say it every time I watch the chl Friday game on sportsnet and It's always a couple stacked teams "man it would be cool to see a cougars team this good". 3 or 4 first round beauties and well coached.

I don't understand how we can be so terrible for such a long stretch? We are bottom feeders every year and never seem to climb back up again. Are we drafting duds in the bantam draft or what the hell is going on?

Management has been ugly for a long time. I haven't been a Cougars fan long 3-4 years after moving here. But from what I heard no one likes management.

Coaching is garbage too. Watching a few games live it's just ugly how they play eldefence. Need to rehaul coaching and management.

I just hope they stick around here. Like I said seeing WHL prospects is fun and I can pretend like I know more then others cause I seen them live.

Management has been ugly for a long time. I haven't been a Cougars fan long 3-4 years after moving here. But from what I heard no one likes management.

Coaching is garbage too. Watching a few games live it's just ugly how they play eldefence. Need to rehaul coaching and management.

I just hope they stick around here. Like I said seeing WHL prospects is fun and I can pretend like I know more then others cause I seen them live.

Ya I know management is completely bushleague. Just curious to what their actual screw ups were. You'd think with all the high bantam drafts we'd have some decent players. I'm wondering what stars we've passed on ect. I've never really looked into it that closely.

Ya I know management is completely bushleague. Just curious to what their actual screw ups were. You'd think with all the high bantam drafts we'd have some decent players. I'm wondering what stars we've passed on ect. I've never really looked into it that closely.

Neither have I. Part of me doesn't cause we probably went Feaster all over the drafts...

• 3 weeks later...

Cougars sale has finally been approved. Putting down my deposit for season tickets tomorrow. Pretty damn excited.

I'm very pumped for next season. As soon as I register for courses I'm getting season tickets

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

So far the new management has really impressed me. They are saying all the right things and they seem committed to spending money to improve the overall fan experience at CN Centre. It also seems like the fan support has done a complete 180 from last year. I remember hearing earlier this summer that they had already increased their season ticket numbers by 100% and they are still selling fast. I've already purchased my season tickets and am more excited for the coming season than I have been in a long time!

• 3 weeks later...

Cougars first home exhibition game went well tonight. Felt like there were more people in the building than were at any of the regular season games I was at last year. 5-3 over Edmonton. The new 15 year old kids had ok nights too.

Yeah that was a good game too bad tonight there weren't nearly as many people out.

• 3 weeks later...

Solid opening game. Rink was pretty much sold out and had a great atmosphere. Even though they lost 7-2 they played well. Definitely a great start to the new ice age. Looking forward to tomorrows game.

Yeah I had a great time harassing the goalie in the second period. It was awesome to see so many people out at a game though. Hasn't been that full in years.

• 5 months later...

Amazing how ownership can make all the difference in the world, especially at the WHL level with its high turnaround of players. Here's to hoping for continued success. Perhaps one day we'll actually gain a reputation of having a good team more often than not.

The last days I remember being excited about the Cougars was when we had Bouck, Betts, and Myers. lol

Archived