The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

THANK YOU LU!

Del Rio

Thank you for the great memories that I and many others will cherish forever in our hearts, Roberto.

You were the one who gave us hope in the 2011 Stanley Cup Playoffs. You were great, ignore all of the haters.

:canucks::) I wish you all the best in Florida :):canucks:

Roberto Luongo, Forever a Canuck :canucks: June 23, 2006 - March 4, 2014 :wub: :wub: :wub:

It almost seems like there's so much to say that I can't think of anything to say!

Vancouver was never home to him and now he can enjoy life with his family in a market that will be far less harsh and critical of his play.

Thank you Lu. Thank you for some great performances in the net. And thank you for having a good attitude.

Good luck Lu.

Huge mixed emotions here. On the one hand, I'm happy for him that he goes home at the end of the ordeal that Gillis put him through. On the other, we're losing the best goalie we ever had and someone who single-handedly got us on track when he first came here. It sucks that he went out on the note he did here with the Heritage Classic but maybe that was the least of the injustices. Mostly of all it underlines that we're at the end of an era. He was that big for us. Saying thanks hardly seems enough.

Yep. Thank you Luongo!!

You were the best goalie this team has ever had, and you seem to have broken the goalie graveyard curse that once plagued us.

It's really a shame that the Canucks organization treated you so poorly; you definitely deserved better!! Hopefully you win a cup with Florida and show us all. I'll be cheering for you.

Simply THANK YOU LUONGO for everything you have done for this team, city, and the fans.

This. People don't appreciate what the best goalie in our franchise's history has done for us, but one day fans will look back and reflect on all of the good memories he left us. Wish Luongo the best of luck in his future endeavors.

Man,

What also sucks about this is that he went to Florida.

They are worse off than us.

Maybe but not by much clearly. But they got way more top end prospects and will be better sooner then we will be

7 stages of grief

- Shock or Disbelief (What just happened?)

- Denial (It's not happening happening)

- Anger (Can't say anything more)

- Bargaining (Please reverse the trade, we will give you Gillis instead)

- Guilt (What more could have been done)

- Depression (Not looking forward to this one)

- Acceptance and Hope (Not likely going to happen for a long time)

Good luck LUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!

Farewell Bobby Lu...

No matter what the haters say you were the best goalie this franchise has ever had. Thank you for everything you’ve done for us for all these years, through the good and bad times. You deserved much better than what you had to put up with here — especially during the past couple of years — but now you can finally leave all the crap behind. I hope you can find peace in Florida and have a chance to pump each other’s tires with TT :-) ...

... And this signals the official beginning of an end, for the greatest chapter of Vancouver Canucks. I feel so sad.

Archived