The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Yotes beat nucks

CANUCK-EXPRESS

Post Game: Henrik vs Coyotes 03.04.14

Henrik Sedin speaks with the media following a 1-0 loss in Phoenix.

http://video.canucks...=567294&catid=6

No mention of Kesler in talking about the top six?

I don't buy for a second that this loss bothers him. This person is no captain. No emotion, no embarrassment?

He should be fuming. Angry with himself, his teammates, the organization. But no. Anyone who thinks trading away two heart and soul key players for six pieces is a good idea, without dealing with the gaping hole that is the first line is kidding themselves.

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows = $18.5

The Penguins and Blackhawks boast the same salary.......

Yet those teams score

Another thing I find extremely strange about how all of this has gone down- in December when we won like 10 out of 12 games, Torts had almost nothing good to say about the team, he wasn't satisfied with any of our wins, "they were not playing the game the right way". Then in January, before he was suspended, the team started losing and he declared that they were finally "getting it". So he's happy to lose as long as long as the players are playing "his" way ? I get the fact that at the end of the day the results are going to hang around his neck, it's the same for any coach and I'm sure that behind the scenes AV was no different. But for Christ's sake show a little adaptability and try to play to the strengths of the players you have. You never know, you might actually score a goal or heaven forbid, maybe even 2 sometimes.

No mention of Kesler in talking about the top six?I don't buy for a second that this loss bothers him. This person is no captain. No emotion, no embarrassment?He should be fuming. Angry with himself, his teammates, the organization. But no. Anyone who thinks trading away two heart and soul key players for six pieces is a good idea, without dealing with the gaping hole that is the first line is kidding themselves. Sedin - Sedin - Burrows (next year) = $18.5 MThe Penguins and Blackhawks boast the same salary.......Yet those teams score

Make no mistakes about it. The Sedins are not "pick you up by your chin straps" leaders. They are cerebral and better than just about everyone. They need to be surrounded by like minds and talents.

Just cause they don't get worked up about it doesn't mean they suck, they're just not Sakic, Yzerman, or Lemieux ... or

are they?

Make no mistakes about it. The Sedins are not "pick you up by your chin straps" leaders. They are cerebral and better than just about everyone. They need to be surrounded by like minds and talents.

Just cause they don't get worked up about it doesn't mean they suck, they're just not Sakic, Yzerman, or Lemieux ... or

are they?

Nobody expects them to be Yzerman or Sakic, but as a captain you have an obligation to motivate your squade and get in players faces, even if they may not always like it. You need to rile up your teammates once in a while.

Nobody can question the Sedins' loyalty to this team, their teammates or their fans.. but one could certainly call into question their accountability, their tenacity and their will to lead.

There is nothing wrong with not being a leader.. there is something wrong with not being a leader when there is a C on your chest.

Team looked like it barely had a pulse..I am concerned about Torts coaching style..Where's the offense?...I've seen enough of a sample size to see that whatever Torts is trying to preach isn't working with this roster....

Where's the offense? That is the question.. its been gone really for a long while now. Don't think that Torts has much say about it.. you can argue its the system all day long, but really what would you venture to say to this club right now to turn then around?

They just lost one of the best Canucks players of all time.. they may (read, probably will) lose more.. they have no fight, no hope and are not playing or acting as a team. So what do you say to a group like this?

There is nothing a person can say to a group in this condition.. nothing. Its degraded to the point beyond words.. change is the only remedy here. Period.

So Sedins changed their style from pure offensive to offensive/defensive and this is what we get? Holy cow...please change back to 2011 form...For ones blaming torts we already know he rely on his star players heavily (back in NY), there's really not much torts could do if your star players decided to play like manure.

I still think Henrik isn't 100%. Not an excuse, but when all the forwards can't score, it's hard to single out Henrik alone. There are other leaders on this team.

I think the dressing room is a sombre place these days.

Shorty said the team looked "distracted" and I had to agree; everybody is wondering if they are going to be dealt tomorrow. Lack was fantastic as I figured he would be; the ball is now in his court and I think he knows that he has till the end of the season to convince Canucks management that he is now the #1 goalie on this team. Everybody else was just meh...

I still think Henrik isn't 100%. Not an excuse, but when all the forwards can't score, it's hard to single out Henrik alone. There are other leaders on this team.

I think the dressing room is a sombre place these days.

I think what frustrates the fans the most is we ALL know what this team COULD do...Kesler, one of the best 2 way forward. Sedins, two of the best players in NHL. We all HOPED that Torts will bring this team to it's former glory, and yet the results we get is worse than when AV was here...this indicates that coaching wasn't the main reason why this team went golfing in Apr 2 yrs in a row. Something needs to be addressed and it started with LU.

Lack deserves a good team to play behind. Ain't gonna get it for four years

Four years? He could be gone long before then. There'll be another goalie controversy next season between him and Markstrom. And Lack could be traded. After all, he did back up Markstrom back in Sweden. In the right environment, Markstrom could become the elite goalie that he's supposed to be. Be prepared for more drama. The fans here will see to that.

its hard to belleive , but then u think about it.

omfg im going insane Luongo was the reason I started watching hockey now hes gone . im gonna go cry now.

: ( think about it this way. We should be happy for him. He's finally out of this mess, and he's with his wife :) all the best to Lu...

Team can't score, Daniel gets hurt, Jensen on a tear for the Comets...and we call up Archibald?

What a surprise - still can't score.

And then rather than creaming Vermette at the side of the net with the puck there and Lack far away, Archi tries to stick-check him? Why do you think we called you up?

Archived