The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Yotes beat nucks

CANUCK-EXPRESS

Four years? He could be gone long before then. There'll be another goalie controversy next season between him and Markstrom. And Lack could be traded. After all, he did back up Markstrom back in Sweden. In the right environment, Markstrom could become the elite goalie that he's supposed to be. Be prepared for more drama. The fans here will see to that.

There's nothing wrong with two guys pushing each other for the #1 job. Unlike the Luongo/Schneider situation, these are both younger, unproven guys with smaller contracts.

Lack and Markstrom together is a good thing. They can grow together, push each other, support each other, win as a tandem.

There's nothing wrong with two guys pushing each other for the #1 job. Unlike the Luongo/Schneider situation, these are both younger, unproven guys with smaller contracts.

Lack and Markstrom together is a good thing. They can grow together, push each other, support each other, win as a tandem.

This would be the ideal situation and I hope it happens. I was being facetious in response to the comment about Lack having to wait four years to have a good team in front of him... assuming he will be the starter. As we've seen ANYTHING can happen. We've lost BOTH of the elite goalies we had last season. And foolish fans here had something to do with that.

Well would you look at that, we still can't store even without Luongo.

For real though Lack was solid. I'm very upset with Luongo getting traded, but I'm excited for the future of Eddie Lack.

Bold prediction, but this guy is going out do Luongo when his career is said and done, and that's with no disrespect to Luongo neither. This guy is the real deal.

the problem is lack wont have the benefit of beating up on a terrible division for 4 years he could easily have a better GAA and S% but he wont have the regular season wins this core + AV coveted so much..

the team started losing and he declared that they were finally "getting it".

This doesn't surprise me. Remember:

1, you can lose playing better against better teams.

2, you can win playing worse against worse teams. This team was up in October, slumped in November, up in December, and slumped since.

When we were number 1 in soccer, wins against the worst team didn't tell us anything about our level. Only wins against 2 and 3, were the ones where we could really get an idea of where we stood. When I played for a much less talented team, it was the same. We could play worse against the cellar dweller, and still win, and we could elevate our game and still lose. I think that's what Torts is getting at here.

I don't think there's anything wrong with Tort's system as is.

Quitters...

We saw it in game 7

We saw it last 2 playoffs

and we're seeing it now

Whole bunch of quitters...

There's no drive, no want...

Only guys I see playing like they care

Kesler

Burrows even though he's not scoring

Bieksa

and we're going to likely see two of or all three of those guys gone soon, we'll be left with listlessness

That's funny, because in addition to Lack, these might be the only 3 guys on the team worth hanging on to.

the team has given up. the 2011 finals punctured their confidence, the two seasons prior to this one gradually deflated them, and they needed a new coach that would come in and patch them up and pump some air back into them. instead, gillis hired a coach that came in and threw their sagging, deflated carcass into a wood chipper.

it's not tortorella's fault that they're bad, but he was an absolutely brutal hire.

Archived