The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Markstrom named AHL goaltender of the month

Amish Rake Fighter

The American Hockey League announced March 3, 2014 that Jacob Markstrom of the San Antonio Rampage has been selected as the CCM/AHL Goaltender of the Month for February. Video courtesy of SendtoNews.

With San Antonio on its 10-game rodeo road trip, Markstrom made seven appearances during the month, stopping 186 of 195 shots and going 4-1-1 with a 1.31 goals-against average, a .954 save percentage and two shutouts.

http://www.theprovin...8950/story.html

http://www.mysananto...nth-5285101.php

de-lart-negocier-salaire-1.gif

Still not happy to have him here. If he tries the garbage he pulled against Canada at the World Juniors he'll be crucified here.

What did he do?

This is in the gold medal game. I thought Gillis said something about getting the Canucks to cut out this kind of BS.

I'm sure it will get addressed and fixed in time.

Mike Smith is 1000000x worse and he gets away with that crap all the time. who cares.

In case you didn't notice, Canucks don't tend to get away with it. That display in the gold medal game was embarrassing to the sport and I really wish one of the Canadian forwards had done exactly what Lucic did to Miller.

I'm sure it will get addressed and fixed in time.

Wouldn't the proper way to address it be simply not to trade for the guy?

He dove a few times. I didnt see anything outrageous here.

Did you watch that game? He was dropping as if he'd been shot literally every time a Canadian forward went near him. The fans were booing him every time he touched the puck by the end of the game.

Keep your friends close and enemies closer. Eddie Lack epitomizes that with fellow Swedish goaltender Jacob Markstrom. The two Swedes had the same goalie coach in Sweden, played in the Swedish Elite League together and came to the American Hockey League at the same time. Markstrom's San Antonio Rampage knocked the Wolves out of the 2012 playoffs. Lack finally got his first professional win over Markstrom. The rivalry lives on.

^pretty much that. Diving is a minuscule factor and all goalies do it. They get away with it so easily so when they have the chance they ALL do it, trust me. Quick did it to Weise a few weeks ago when he was on Nucks and barely got touched if at all skimmed.

...as for OP, yea heard on tv. Excellent news and a positive direction that he is excelling from his injury.

Archived