The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Official: Deadline Reactions

-SN-

If the return on Kesler was not high, I'm not upset if Gillis waits until the offseason to deal him.

There is no urgency on this crap season to improve for a playoff run.

Get maximum value for Kesler when you can because it's a rare opportunity to rebuild the core. One we won't have again for a long time. And Kesler is not a free agent for a little while. No rush.

Glad he didn't bite on a Sutter deal.

If the return isnt there it isnt there, rather he doesnt trade him today for sutter dumoulin and a first and 3rd and on draft day gets something better, when teams have more cap and time to make the deal

I don't know how we went from 2x Presidents Trophy winners, and Stanley Cup finalists to this in a span of just a few years. Those years seem like an eternity ago.

MG has single handedly crippled this team.

It's going to be a long, dark journey folks. The glory days are over and I honestly can't see the light at the end of the tunnel. No Cup in Van for a good long while.

Perfect, we moved the diva, moved the gross contract, took back an upgrade at center over a few guys and a potential stud under Rollie. It was a good day. As a season ticket holder, I am pleased with the last few days.

The worst for me is Diaz. Seemed like an upgrade over Alberts

Really really poorly done. I'm not sure whether it was Gillis who couldn't pull the trigger, or the owners that couldn't stomach a rebuild.

Either way, this team is old and slow like everyone is saying. We needed to ship off Kesler and Edler NOW in return for picks and prospects. If we did that, we could have an off year next year,followed by being a cup contender again in 2015-2016.

Kesler and Edler will now have lowered trade value in the summer. If we keep them, we are wasting their talent on a team that won't win.

This is 100% a Schneider situation all over again. 2013 trade deadline, the Canucks could have gotten an arm and a leg for schneider from teams like Toronto. They didn't trade him, and all they got was Bo Horvat (no disrespect to a great young player, but a premiere goalie is worth more than one top prospect).

I have a feeling that ownership can't stomach big moves, and Gillis doesn't have the balls to just do his job. When you're a GM, this is your job and your reputation on the line. If you listen to what ownership tells you to do (when they are NOT hockey experts), you are taking bad advice from people who don't know what they are talking about.

Gillis needs to get busy making moves or just get fired. And we need a GM in the future who tells the owners to go stuff it, and makes the moves he thinks are best for the team.

Had my hopes up but now squashed. This team is not going anywhere anytime soon. The rest of the season will be "walking dead on the ice".

It sure looks like whatever any trade plan Gillis had for Kesler/Edler, FA just killed it. Another ill-timed meddling by the ownership and MG's time in Vancouver will be up soon...

2013 Deadline to this one, we managed to trade Luongo and Weise. Oh, and signed a few depth, cast-offs. Nice body of work! For a roster clearly needing change, this is unacceptable. The worst part, again, is that he wont be fired. I am disgusted with Gillis.

Archived