The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Official: Deadline Reactions

-SN-

:picard: IT JUST SUCKS!!...the Canucks are gonna suck for a long time...get use to it ....glory days are well behind them....and MG has single handedly destroyed this team..look at Chicago, Boston,....they can keep going...they need to bring in someone who knows WHAT THE FRACK THEY ARE DOING...

frack...frack..frack...

Yes it does. the $800,000 retention salary will count towards Vancouver Canucks salary cap until 2022. And if Luongo retires before then, it will even hurt Canucks cap situation even more.

I'm not familiar with the salary recapture rule if Luongo retires early. Can you enlighten me on this please? :lol:

I have realized that Gillis is good at resigning players but can trade himself out of a paper bag. It was Luongo's agent who pulled off the Luongo trade. All Gillis had to do was say yes. I think the only good trade Gillis ever made during his tenure as the Canucks GM was the Patrick White for Erhoff trade. PLease fire Gillis so the Canucks can get themselves back to respectability.

Good that they finally traded Lu. Not "good" to lose him, but he deserves to be away from this team so that he can play his rightful position, as a #1 goaltender.

Unfortunate we did not move Kesler. Although he is starting to put up better numbers again, just keep wondering how long it's going to last.

Glad we didn't sell the farm and do something stupid like trade the Sedins, because even though they are in a slump and have had injuries, they are going to rise again.

MG needs to extract thumb from rectal passage and get some proper trades done this Summer. No more excuses, this team needs goal scorers, and to quit relying so heavily on stellar goaltending.

Don't expect any playoff action this year, but if the proper trades get done this Summer, next year should be a good one.

I'd like to know why Diaz was traded. I'd also like to know why none of our "sports journalists" (try not to laugh) didn't even ask the question. Here's a guy who is acquired one day and then traded a couple weeks later. What's all that about? Is it bad scouting? Is it some kind of a joke? What is it?

Archived