The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Official: Deadline Reactions

-SN-

please give it a rest about Luongo being treated unfairly

if he plays better yes plays better he wouldn't have to deal with back ups usurping his net

Only person who needs to give it a rest is you. Idiotic stand against the best goalie this franchise has ever seen. Would rather listen to a Fran dresher marathon than see another one of your self important, whiny assed posts.

I really like the Luongo trade and have faith Lack will do great and seeing how D Sedin is out for a while i think MG made the best decision and kept Kesler until the offseason to try to get the last playoff spot.

What i'm disappointed in is it couldn't be more obvious we need help scoring and we could have traded Edler and a pick and landed some scoring help and didn't.

That part i don't understand.

They better give Jensen a shot and send that goon/plug Archibald to Utica.

So Kesler is now making it no secret that he wants out

Ryan Kesler ‏@Ryan_Kesler 16m

"Told you so" - @strombone1

Anyone else find this extremely disrespectful to his teammates that are still here trying to make the playoffs?

What a guy.

Humour anyone? Oh wait CDC is in meltdown because he wasn't traded for crap.

No reaction really; we are a far cry from what we used to be.

Happy Kesler is still here, though I doubt he's too happy about it. Lack is a good goalie and goaltending isn't going to be an issue for us.....as for our offense we are dead in the water.

We cant score - and at the end of the day that's all that matters. The only way we are making play offs this year is if we win 90% of our games and start scoring - and that isn't going to happen with our injuries and players not stepping up.

There is no heart in this team. The most useless player on the team right now is probably Jan Buli...or I mean Booth.....either him or the Sedins considering their pay to performance ratio.

Luongo has more luck of seeing a cup then this team does.

I am not worried about Kesler's happiness regarding his trade status. I think all of the players are unhappy about their performances this season and that should be their main concern. If Kesler is to be traded, he will get that chance soon when the season is over.

so we need goal; scoring so you trade 2 good goalies for I roster 3rd liner a rookie goalie and a top ten pick in less than a year , and then u don't even bother to grab a nhl back up and then trade a d man u only had for 2 months thank god u didn't trade kes or edler im sure they result would of been what we got for the goalies , this is a complete failure from the owner to the gm and scouting staff, if I was a owner and I saw that golfcourse in the background when the gm is spewing crap of a process I would be firing someone I guess that a process to go golfing ps nice beard gillis are you going for that unemployed look I sure hope so

Torts has been a failure so far this season. In 06/07 AV inherited a similar team that could not score and what did he do with them?

He created a effective defensive system that made lu look like a all star and took us into the playoffs and beat a team eventually losing respectfully to the cup champs. He won a jack adams that year.

He also made the sedins, burrows, hansen and edler look a lot better with his system. Torts drove henrik into the ground before the break resulting in his injury. He had 7 points in 7 games after christmas break (he is still capable of playing at that level) but torts won't allow that to happen.

Torts has just been a disaster. Since ownership wanted him can't blame gillis.

Only person who needs to give it a rest is you. Idiotic stand against the best goalie this franchise has ever seen. Would rather listen to a Fran dresher marathon than see another one of your self important, whiny assed posts.

whiny posts eh

just like every single post about how badly Luongo got traded oh poor him he got a 12 year deal oh poor him Schneider is playing more oh poor him Lack played the outdoor indoor game

don't get me wrong i appreciate what Luongo has done for this franchise but he was on the decline and that was the main reason 2 coaches and 2 back ups got games he usually got

Torts has been a failure so far this season. In 06/07 AV inherited a similar team that could not score and what did he do with them?

He created a effective defensive system that made lu look like a all star and took us into the playoffs and beat a team eventually losing respectfully to the cup champs. He won a jack adams that year.

He also made the sedins, burrows, hansen and edler look a lot better with his system. Torts drove henrik into the ground before the break resulting in his injury. He had 7 points in 7 games after christmas break (he is still capable of playing at that level) but torts won't allow that to happen.

Torts has just been a disaster. Since ownership wanted him can't blame gillis.

AV also inherited a team who's players were seven years younger.

Archived