The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Draft 2014 - First Round Pick

VegasCanuck

There really is nothing worse than being that team that just misses the playoffs by a point or two. You never get a great draft pick and never get better. Take a chance and go after a top Russian , roll the dice, you never know. Better than becoming the next Atlanta/ Winnipeg jets?

I stand corrected.

Had me goin for a second too haha. Perhaps it was threatened and then threatened to match. Whatever went on behind the scenes it ended up as 2 first round picks and a 2nd..

Anaheim apparently had a deal for Kesler that would have been 2 firsts and 2 seconds. So the value is comparable if you take into account the fact Toronto wasn't 100% gonna tank the next season.

Lindholm or Etem and that ottawa first pick is more than fair.

It would be cool to see us grab Richie first round (huge tough power forward in the Horton/Burns mould) and his linemate Eric Cornel in the second round (6'2 playmaker, near ppg).

Third round I would role the dice on Nikita Tyramkin out of the KHL. 6'7, 228 lbs, decent skater. Passed up on two drafts but it is hard to pass up a dman his size who can skate and has a mean streak.

Would also like to see us take a flyer on Hunter Smith, maybe 4th round? Late bloomer, teammate of Cole Cassels. 6'7, 210 lbs and is an absolute beast when it comes to dropping the gloves. 40 points in in 64 games this season with only 1 OHL point prior, he could be on the upswing.

Archived