The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Draft 2014 - First Round Pick

VegasCanuck

After reading all this I would hope to see Kesler traded as he would most likely fetch us another early first round pick say to Nashville who seems to like guys like Kesler. So as what I see our needs to be is scoring. I would pick if we got nashville and also our first in the top 10 then. Nikolaj Ehlers - by far the best scorer and plus minus is amazing. Leon Draisaitl - has size and can score too. Well a little bit of size and scoring talent. No point and trying to get defence as with all these no trade clauses tough to see our defence changing over the next few years.

Kesler has a full NTC,

I seriously doubt that he would put any team on his list of teams he would go to that would be picking ahead of us in the draft.

Why can't we just keep tanking for the rest of the season and get a top 5 pick so we can finally get a Number 1 dman prospect....

If we win some games down the stretch to have a slim shot at the playoffs (which if we make it we will get rolled out in the 1st round) is useless.

Every win we get now makes me cringe as we will end up with a lesser chance to get a quality prospect with a high pick this draft.

I cannot remember the last time we had a player actually make the team as a 18, 19 year old.....

This need desperately needs quality youth! Why blow it by winning meaning less games for a meaningless season????

you can't ask players to lose. If this team goes down fighting a loses every game for the rest of the season. Well that's great we get a higher draft pick. But there is no way a coach or a GM will ever ask his players to lose. Players don't care about draft picks and getting "_______" it's their job and that player could cost then their job

We can still get a top 10 draft pick even winning just the odd game. This team isn't going to win 10+ of their remaining games.

Why can't we just keep tanking for the rest of the season and get a top 5 pick so we can finally get a Number 1 dman prospect....

If we win some games down the stretch to have a slim shot at the playoffs (which if we make it we will get rolled out in the 1st round) is useless.

Every win we get now makes me cringe as we will end up with a lesser chance to get a quality prospect with a high pick this draft.

I cannot remember the last time we had a player actually make the team as a 18, 19 year old.....

This need desperately needs quality youth! Why blow it by winning meaning less games for a meaningless season????

Always go out swingin.

It's almost as though players on a professional sports team have any pride. It's almost as though there are players on professional sports teams that need to perform well for jobs. Almost though...

Assuming we draft 8 - 10, I think the player that probably fits Canucks needs the best is Jake Virtanen. We really don't have much prospect depth on the right side. Considering his size at 213 lbs already, he fits our need to get bigger as well.

Assuming we draft 8 - 10, I think the player that probably fits Canucks needs the best is Jake Virtanen. We really don't have much prospect depth on the right side. Considering his size at 213 lbs already, he fits our need to get bigger as well.

Kassian Jensen grenier are a lot more promising than the guys we have on the left side... Shinkaruk plays left but the drop off is pretty sad unless you include gaunce.

What side does fox play?... Lol as I typed that I couldn't help but think of that dumb song

I want a top four pick so badly, after enduring such a terrible season we deserve a top pick, our fans our team everyone needs a new young superstar,

TOP 4:

Reinhart, Ekblad, Bennett, Draisaitl (I never spell leons name right)

I want one of these big bois to dawn a nux jersey like no buddies business

I have a strong feeling we're going to select Nylander, Ho-Sang or 'go outside the box' with Ehlers. Somebody who's skilled, but a bit soft and/or is a risk/reward type ie. potential bust or not cup winning-capable. If we don't select one of these types, then perhaps we'll draft a 'character guy' who's underskilled for the draft ranking. If we select an appropiate player, I will be pleasantly surprised.

if we take ho sang in the top 15 im going to shoot myself

Looking at the standings I think we will land at best 4th and at worse 10th. We have so many games played over teams and only a few points on them.

If Dal Colle falls to us I would think it's the best to pick him over a Perlini or Virtanen.

It is possible someone like Ehlers falls to late in the draft like Shinkurak, and if we make a trade and get a later draft pick we should take a chance on Ehlers.

I'm also pretty high on taking Josh Jacobs with our second round pick.

I see big Ritchie as a serious work in progress, I agree with previous assessments that he rose to quickly and most of it based on his size. But at the same time one cannot discount his skating and passing ability. The kid is a lightning fast monster on skates and is still very young.

In a bruising and ever larger PAcific division a guy like Ritchie could be invaluable.

Perlini, same thing. Except consistent player through and through. Not a bad pick up.

Dal Colle seems to be the stud of the draft amongst NA players and seriously how can we go wrong.

Draistl? Sure I will take a shot of something this org doesn't have in depth. A game breaking pure offensive player. Potentially the greatest German player ever drafted or to play the game if his cieling keeps rising.

Virtanen? Hard not to like a guy like him. big fast mobile hits hard scores solid goals and in the WHL as well.

Honestly ANY of these guys will help this team in different ways.

But Dal Colle, Draistl and Virtanen are the three guys that we will move forward with the best in my opinion

Button on tsn made predictions if the draft were to end up as the standings are now, it went

Buffalo Sam Bennett

Edmonton Ekblad

Florida Dal Colle

Islanders decide to hand the pick to Buffalo this year so they don't miss out on perhaps the better player next year.. Buffalo takes Draisaitl

Calgary takes Reinhart

If he's right, I'm praying Calgary passes us haha

I see big Ritchie as a serious work in progress, I agree with previous assessments that he rose to quickly and most of it based on his size. But at the same time one cannot discount his skating and passing ability. The kid is a lightning fast monster on skates and is still very young.

In a bruising and ever larger PAcific division a guy like Ritchie could be invaluable.

Perlini, same thing. Except consistent player through and through. Not a bad pick up.

Dal Colle seems to be the stud of the draft amongst NA players and seriously how can we go wrong.

Draistl? Sure I will take a shot of something this org doesn't have in depth. A game breaking pure offensive player. Potentially the greatest German player ever drafted or to play the game if his cieling keeps rising.

Virtanen? Hard not to like a guy like him. big fast mobile hits hard scores solid goals and in the WHL as well.

Honestly ANY of these guys will help this team in different ways.

But Dal Colle, Draistl and Virtanen are the three guys that we will move forward with the best in my opinion

Agree, i would be happy with any of those guys at spot 6-10.

Don't really understand the comparison between Ritchie and Beach, except both being powerforwards.

Archived