The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Saturday vs. Calgary

jj99

Canucks are a third and fourth line team right now. We get the odd flash of a second line once and a while that usually disappears in a millisecond, and it's been forever since we even thought about what a legitimate first line looks like let alone have one. The Sedins are growing old before our very eyes, and are (surprisingly vey quickly) two or three steps behind the play these days. Their "cycle" is predictable and OLD and their favorite target (Burrows) couldn't hit an empty net even if he was in it. Kassian and Sesisto certainly aren't going to get it done and Booth is still in a duck blind somewhere. Our goalie situation is OK, but unless the team in front of them scores more than one goal every two games, it doesn't really matter who's in goal. Our defense might as well not even be on the ice because they aren't even close to playing what I would consider "defence" when they are. Too many ill timed "jump into the offensive zone" by our defensive core to try an make up for our NON scoring forwards resulting in MANY breakaways, two and three on ones. Poor Lack! Torts was brought in to play a gritty, in your face, dump and chase style with a team that was coddled and babied by AV for the past 7 years, with the resulting injuries making it painfully obvious that we have the wrong coach for the team or more aptly the wrong team for the coach. Not a very nice picture currently or in the foreseeable future with all the no movement and no trade clauses these guys have been handed as well. Need I say more?

:(

ok i have a plan-i need to win the next 5 or 6 Lotto Max jackpots in a row, then buy the Canucks!!

i will then fire everybody involved in this fiasco, hire scouts to actually watch the WHL, and a coach who knows how to coach OFFENCE!!!!

i will also, to the benefit of team morale , TRADE any SORRY ASS PLAYERS who do not want to be here!!!

ps. any help from BCLC Canuck fans would be appreciated. <_<

What happens when CGY pulls that stunt again last time they played.

How will Torts react this time?

Anyways, best outcome for this game is canucks lose in a blow out.

For:

- chants of Fire Gillis/Torts

- Canucks still plummets down the standings to have chance at top 5 pick in the draft.

Going to bet money against the Canucks every game for the remainder of the season.

Easy money!

17 games left, plenty of time to win enough to buy the first ekblad jersey.

I'm all serious I know enough flames fans that if we only win one more this year, please god let it be this one.

Canucks are a third and fourth line team right now. We get the odd flash of a second line once and a while that usually disappears in a millisecond, and it's been forever since we even thought about what a legitimate first line looks like let alone have one. The Sedins are growing old before our very eyes, and are (surprisingly vey quickly) two or three steps behind the play these days. Their "cycle" is predictable and OLD and their favorite target (Burrows) couldn't hit an empty net even if he was in it. Kassian and Sesisto certainly aren't going to get it done and Booth is still in a duck blind somewhere. Our goalie situation is OK, but unless the team in front of them scores more than one goal every two games, it doesn't really matter who's in goal. Our defense might as well not even be on the ice because they aren't even close to playing what I would consider "defence" when they are. Too many ill timed "jump into the offensive zone" by our defensive core to try an make up for our NON scoring forwards resulting in MANY breakaways, two and three on ones. Poor Lack! Torts was brought in to play a gritty, in your face, dump and chase style with a team that was coddled and babied by AV for the past 7 years, with the resulting injuries making it painfully obvious that we have the wrong coach for the team or more aptly the wrong team for the coach. Not a very nice picture currently or in the foreseeable future with all the no movement and no trade clauses these guys have been handed as well. Need I say more?

:(

We must change either our game strategy or the coaching staff. This is no fault of Torts and Co. but clearly their game plan does not work with this group.

We can't trade the core away even if we wanted to.

I fully expect the young future of the Calgary Flames to come in a violate our rotting corpse of a team. The guys have given up this year. I think the core group still have some miles left in them but they've all checked out for this season.

I don't know if it's just our terrible coaching staff, the injuries, or some locker-room turmoil that got moral down, but ever since that statement game moral victory in LA, this team has had no life. The fact that guys were coming out and saying that they felt like a loss was a victory just showed how misguided this team was. There's a lot of proud guys in the Canucks dressing room, and if it was Tortorella's wish for the guys to go out there and act like goons, it's no wonder he's lost the respect of the players already.

If I had to point the finger at anyone, I'd point it at Mike Gillis for hiring John Tortorella. Of all the questionable trades and contracts Mike Gillis is responsible for the ship was never sinking like this until he brought Torts in.

Losing to Calgary is one thing but imagine the 1/2 empty rink like it was in Dallas last nite! Even watching them on TV is an agony now. They've ALL lost it ....... mentally !! And they make millions while in that state of mind.

Good point...if I checked out mentally at work like that id potentially end up maimed or dead.

Archived