The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kesler and Canucks

Nuckslifex

I'm pretty sure this topic may have been mentioned or not, but I'd like to bring it up with my own prespective and my point of view feeling into what I think or see.

I notice lately even from the start of this season we weren't going to get anything good happening for us. When we fired AV and decided to bring in tort, I was like thinking what is bring in tort going to do if all we did was went from downgrading our offensive system to a full out defense style of blocking pucks as # 1 MUST and taking away scoring chance.... Honestly I'd rather keep AV as our head coach than having tort as our current coach because let face it, looking at this season, between these 2 coaches, ranger has more goals and given up less goals overall than us and they've a higher chance of making the playoff this season than us. I'm comparing these 2 coaches that switch to each other old team and the progress of how well the for goals and against goals have been with the system that the coaches have decided for THIS SEASON on their new team. Like everything starts off from coaches to players when it comes to on ice battling and GM has nothing to do with this lack of scoring and defense except for the part of bring in players or making trades to make better impact for the team and it give the coach better chance to play around with a new playing style which won't happen with us by so far.

Talking about Kesler, I was glad he didn't get traded because I still believe he can fit into this future team and of courses show great leaderships toward the young prospects and put up goals and assists at a moment when needed and there lots more but yea. Those that wanted him traded well I honestly don't know why when he still can end his career with us and still make a decent good impact with the way he played he always a hard worker for the team. The other reason why I'm glad he not traded is because for all those who think he should be traded and he really didn't asked for a trade since I'm positive he was forced upon to go through this situation like Loungo having to not be respected properly by this orgainization and yes, we got robbed in his traded and got almost a no name NHL prepared guy at all. He says "his heart is with the team" "he happy he still a Canucks" like come on, this guy has played his entire career as a Canucks and I bet he maybe one of the few people in this latest rosters who still a long time ONLY Canucks and want to stay badly. If Kesler is to be traded in my prespective we better get a big name player from another team in return because that what Kesler is within this orgainization. We should get a Crosby, Malkin, Toews, and so on which I know won't happen and if it does we would've to give up couple of our first rd draft picks and more than just Kesler, but what I'm concluding about this trade situation is those players that I mention are BIG NAMES and have made impact for their own team and have been playing under those team and never a 2nd team before and that what Kesler is to the Canucks. Gillies I'm glad you didn't traded him at all because you couldn't pulled off anything big if we got rid of him and I still think you should be fired and bring tort with you because this team going no where.

PS: There no right or wrong, this is just my point of view and how I feel so you guys have your own right to how you want to talk about the Canucks, but please don't be bashing in this topic and also we all should've our rights to express our feeling and whatever we see or so without having to tear each other apart. Sorry for all those long typing, I just had much to say.

Yeah, let's give a C to the guy that doesn't want to be here.

Who said Kesler never wanted to be here? Exactly a no name from Montreal,

On the other hand I have heard Kesler, his agent, and Jeremy Roenick all publicly state the opposite.

Who are we to believe?

I think it's time we give him the C, night in and night out he plays his heart out, He's willing to lay it all out on the line in order to win.

Who said Kesler never wanted to be here? Exactly a no name from Montreal,

On the other hand I have heard Kesler, his agent, and Jeremy Roenick all publicly state the opposite.

Who are we to believe?

I think it's time we give him the C, night in and night out he plays his heart out, He's willing to lay it all out on the line in order to win.

I think interesting evidence is pointing towards Kesler wanting out.

When asked Gillis post-deadline why he was unable to trade Kesler, he talked about not getting the right deal etc.

If you asked him why he wasn't able to trade the Sedins, he surely would've said he's not trying to.

So to me it seems evident he is trying to move Kesler.

And if he is, he needs Kesler's permission.

And Kesler said both that he didn't ask for a trade nor did the team ask him to waive his NTC.

Obviously one of these things happened. And if he's lying about one, he could be lying about the other.

I can't imagine what it's like in the dressing room knowing that the 'heart and soul' of the team wants to be elsewhere. Things are going to get worse before they start getting better.

Gillis (or his replacement) has to get a good return on trading Kes and one of the top 4 D (not named Tanev). The nucks should be getting something decent with their top 10 in the draft as well.

Looking forward to next season. Bring on Jensen, Corrado and Horvat.

Yeah, let's give a C to the guy that doesn't want to be here.

kes said he loves the city and team etc and his kids have grown up here...

imo, i dont think its that kes doesnt want to be here per se, but more like kes doesnt want to play for a hot head like torts...tbh, i dont blame him.

kes said he loves the city and team etc and his kids have grown up here...

imo, i dont think its that kes doesnt want to be here per se, but more like kes doesnt want to play for a hot head like torts...tbh, i dont blame him.

PROOF

people need to post some actual evidence of all these wild accusations they just love to make on here you might as well work for the media

PROOF

people need to post some actual evidence of all these wild accusations they just love to make on here you might as well work for the media

i have proof that kes said he loves it here, last week sometime b4 or after the trade deadline...id have to dig up the interview but yes i was paraphrasing there....not directly quoting him.

as for him not wanting to play for torts, that is purely my own speculation but you dont need to be a math whiz to connect the dots.

oh btw, i do work for the media, entertainment industry tho, not a sports guy.

i have proof that kes said he loves it here, last week sometime b4 or after the trade deadline...id have to dig up the interview but yes i was paraphrasing there....not directly quoting him.

as for him not wanting to play for torts, that is purely my own speculation but you dont need to be a math whiz to connect the dots.

he and every other player on the team has only praised Torts so again it's just wild speculation with zero to back it up

What does it matter. Give us a brand new bunch of stars and in a short period of time they will want out or get tweaked to a point they wont know what they should be doing out their either. I know its a business but some people shouldnt be aloud to drive.

So kes didn't like AV. And now he doesn't like Torts? Who's the real hot head when your star can't play for two of your team's coaches in a row?

he and every other player on the team has only praised Torts so again it's just wild speculation with zero to back it up

He didn't praised Torts at all, this guy been a Canucks his entire Career, you must have also think that he praised Crawford from his early NHL career and AV also in order to stay. For someone to have feeling for an organization has nothing to do with a coach being part of the situation. You must believe Kesler was all talk when he said straight up that he has heart for this team and happy to still be part of this team, he been with this team his entire life, he know the up's and down's of this Canucks situation as when has the Canucks never been in a Gillies issue with another previous GM before...

So kes didn't like AV. And now he doesn't like Torts? Who's the real hot head when your star can't play for two of your team's coaches in a row?

I don't think Kesler has an issue with AV, it just what AV says can be confusing to him as if he not always 100% clear about what he mean about himself. AV tends to say just about anything that may seem true or not and it up to the players to take it to the next level with a deeper comment on it or just let it slided in a joking way and tend to change the topic as I notice most of the time with the media. Him and Torts have played with each other more than ONCE not just this season and honestly right from the start when Torts hasn't even debuted as Canucks Kesler praised him based on his past and ofc. his past time being coach by him also.

Archived